+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Penn interview live @ BJPenn.com

Good interview, glad to hear he doing alright and thinking of his next fight already.
    WAR PENN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by captonion View Post
    Is it just me or is Penn trying to cause shit between Florian, and GSP?
    Penn's asshole ways always seen to shine through even when he tries playing the good guy.
    Its just you. BJ said Florian told him about the greasing. So what? I doubt BJ is lying about that and GSP did grease for this fight, didnt he? This is a case of BJ just telling the truth.

You havent tried grease until youve tried afrosheen baby. Thats whats up.

Thumbs down

Penn's asshole ways always seen to shine through even when he tries playing the good guy.
    Yeah,how dare BJ speak up & say that GSP greased.BJ should just shut up & take a world class beating from a guy who (according to at least 4 of his UFC opponents) had lubricant on the back of his head & this time out actually had vasoline rubbed on his shoulders during the fight,because it makes no difference whatsoever,'cos GSP was better than him,who cares if greasings illegal.Should of let him head stomp BJ while he was at it 'cos that also would of made no difference either,even though its illegal,GSP was stronger than BJ so let him break whatever rules he feels like breaking 'cos he would of won anyway,right? Shit,let him bring a bat to the cage next time,who cares if its illegal,hes gonna win anyway...'cos hes better...so just let him do what he wants.

Personally I dont think GSP has to pull that stuff to win (say what you want but dont deny he had vasoline rubbed over his upper body during that fight).St.Pierre is about the most physically gifted athlete in MMA if not in the sporting world in general,no argument there.Hes also an extremely capable fighter not to mention an extremely bad dude.I am however tired of people writing Penns complaints off to being a sore loser whilst completely ignoring GSPs vasoline related gamesmanship,like hes some sort of virginal cherub (lets face it,hes not)...Capiche?

While Penn might have "asshole ways" r.e. his pre-fight interview/hype persona,at least his "asshole ways" dont include having vasoline rubbed over his neck & shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by chungt79 View Post
    Its just you. BJ said Florian told him about the greasing. So what?I doubt BJ is lying about that.
    Just seems strange BJ brings this up just when Florian desides to train with GSP.
    Talk is cheap when fists are flyin...

Just seems strange BJ brings this up just when Florian desides to train with GSP.

Why shouldn't he bring it up if its true? I mean if Kenny is the one that told him that and now Kenny is going to train with GSP...I would bring it up too. I see nothing strange about it. As a matter of fact, now is the best time that he could have brought it up IMO.
    Favorite UFC Fighters:

HW-Cigano, Frank Mir, Cain Valasquez
    LHW-Machida, Franklin, Jon Jones
    MW-Maia, Gouveia, Anderson
    WW-GSP, Hazelett ,Diaz
    LW-BJ Penn, Huerta, Lauzon

I can only reference his tone during the interview but he always sounded respectful to Kenny during the whole thing. I didn't think a lot of that stuff would come up but the interviewer was asking the questions we all wanted to ask. He didn't outright trash GSP either.

It will be interesting to catch MMALIVE today and see if Kenny has a response at all.

Don't ask me where my mind was, but as soon as I saw the topic I immediately thought it was about an interview with Penn Jillette from Penn & Teller. I wondered, "why would they be talking about an interview with Penn on MMANews?"

*facepalm*
    Nullius in verba

Quote Originally Posted by CRisCO
    I always read his posts with a British accent.

Quote Originally Posted by unforgivn View Post
    Don't ask me where my mind was, but as soon as I saw the topic I immediately thought it was about an interview with Penn Jillette from Penn & Teller. I wondered, "why would they be talking about an interview with Penn on MMANews?"

*facepalm*
    wow

Quote Originally Posted by chungt79 View Post
    Its just you. BJ said Florian told him about the greasing. So what? I doubt BJ is lying about that.
    Florian denies Penn's allegations
    WELL....WELL....WELL.... it looks like BJ is a fucking bullshitter afterall.
    Talk is cheap when fists are flyin...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information