Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Diego sanchez drop to 155 not permanent

Diego has Cardio for days it will be interesting to see how it goes at 155 if the weight cut takes a toll on his cardio he could be in for a suprise at 155. I've always liked Diego i think the fight with joe will be dangerous for him. Joe is a game opponent so it should be a great test for Diego but i think his second fight at 155 will be more telling of how good he could be at 155.
    Fav Fighters: Penn, Wand, Fedor, Genki, Shields, Rashad, Pulver, Diaz bros, Melendez.

Quote Originally Posted by ckauffman28 View Post
    i think he wont get passed stevenson, although i would love to see him face guida,diaz, sherk, griffin and a few other lw. And in his few last ww fights he struggled so i really didnt see him in the top 5 in the division anymore.
    i dont know what fights you were watching but his last two he dominated.

Quote Originally Posted by 0mega1 View Post
    i dont know what fights you were watching but his last two he dominated.

look who they were against though Bielkheden and fiorvanti are no where near stevenson's level. When he went against two top 5ers like kos and fitch look what happened...

Quote Originally Posted by TN94z View Post
    This is true. The weight cut will definitely be harder as he gets older. Not really a bad idea for the moment

I am so tired of seeing this stupid grease cartoon thingy. penn fans are just like penn, cry like a bitch after gettin ur ass kicked. sad. really is. just sad. penn got his ass kicked in the standup too. just admit it, penn belongs at 155, period.

if hes only gonna be at lw for a year...year and half or w/e, its almost pointless to think that diego will ever be a contender. i mean, i dnt see him getting a title shot if he beats joe daddy right after this fight, thats for sure. plus if you think about it, how many fights at lw can he possibly have in a year? three tops? say he does beat joe daddy, then wins his next fight at lw, does that constitute a title shot? i dont think so especially since the lw division is sooooo deep. now, if he were to beat joe daddy, then face another TOP GUY like sean sherk, i could see him possibly getting a title shot, but i doubt he'd win (unless somehow, kflo beats penn). but what if he does win? will he stay at lw? or move back to ww? too many questions.

i like diego at ww. hes a good addition to that division and i still wanna see him avenge his only losses to kos and fitch (i still think he beat fitch damn it!). either way, his fight w/ joe should be good and he should win unless the cut was too much, but diego is a hard worker so i dnt see that being a problem. either way tho, i dont see him ever being champ at lw. i think the path at ww would be easier, but thats me.

Quote Originally Posted by gspfan09 View Post
    I am so tired of seeing this stupid grease cartoon thingy. penn fans are just like penn, cry like a bitch after gettin ur ass kicked. sad. really is. just sad. penn got his ass kicked in the standup too. just admit it, penn belongs at 155, period.
    take your bitch ass back to noob jack. penn has done more than establish the fact that he can fight at higher weight classes. how can you say that a former welterweight champ (which penn is btw) does not belong or cant hang at 170? hes done it before. u may be tired of hearing the complaints, but quite frankly, im sick of complaining and defending penn...one of the best fighters in the world. bj penn does not need to be defended or need to prove a damn think. gsp greased, noone needs to prove that...its been proven.

dont be silly and naive. Sanchez needs 2 to 3 fights depending on how the division looks to get a title-shot. it all depends on Penn how soon Sanchez gets a title-shot (if he doesnt lose obviously).
    best case scenario would be if the next lightweight-champion defends the belt more often (or even Penn) so new nr1. contenders will be needed and Sanchez is at the very top of the mix, especially if he destroys 2-3 oppopnents. if everything works in Sanchez's favor he can have a shot before 09 is over.
    http://forums.mmanews.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=36268&dateline=123102  8211

If Diego is as dominant as he was in his last two fights he will have a title shot within a few fights just because Dana tends to push along crowd pleasers faster than others.
    As much as I want to see Ken-Flo take out BJ, I think it is more likely going to be Diego who does it.I cant wait for the excuses then.
    Talk is cheap when fists are flyin...

Diego would be a good draw in a title fight at 155. I see the UFC trying to push for it after 2-3 wins (if that is was happens).
    Phil Baroni

"I fight because I can't sing, I can't dance, and it beats working all day. Now ask me a question that doesn't sound so fucking stupid."

Forrest Griffin

"He did exactly what I wanted him to do and he knocked me the fuck out"

Quote Originally Posted by ckauffman28 View Post
    i dont see the point in doing this for a year or so, in a year he could get maybe 4 wins going but that doesnt get a title shot in my book. And going back to welterwieght he would have to start back in the middle...
    I guess you dont watch how the UFC grants title fights. Maybe you should pay more attention. He left WW with two wins. They werent top 10 fighters, but still 2 wins against good fighters. Pay closer attention to how fighters move threw rankings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Fight Club View Post
    well now I've seen War Machine's dick. fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Ill go against the grain.
    Werdum via triangle
    Someone needs to cheer for those poor souls.

Diego's drop is only "not permanent" if GSP and Alves kill each other and all that's left are the three guys from AKA who won't fight each other and even then, I'm pretty sure Diego still wimps out and says at 155.

I personally think Diego will be good at 155, until he has to go against somebody like Sherk or maybe Guide, both of whom I think give Sanchez a hard time.

Thread Information