Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cutman Stitch talks vaseline

Quote Originally Posted by FE_EatsChildren View Post
    nay sayers will be nay sayers, and just the same on the opposite side..

frankly, i'm getting annoyed with how much people are just blowing the idea over. GSP's corner man cheated whether he did knowningly or not. plain and simple.. it's cheating. people are trying to scramble and get some new rules in place to eliminate this fuck up. obviously it if was such a little problem yeah, they wouldn't be doing all the rule changes.. fucking idiots. people need to get off of their favorite fighter's nuts and look what the fuck happened.

true enough. I will repeat my stance on this. WTF does the whether it affected the outcome have to do with whether something is cheating or whether it should be dealt with. If a guy roiding gets his butt kicked should he not get dealt with? In other words, the big question should be:

What happens when a fighter ( any fighter) gets caught greasing period?

Irrespective of the effect on the outcome of a fight. Ask the question outside of the context of the fight. Would anyone feel differently if it was Tito or Kimbo accused?

As for the argument whether the fighter knew or not. Ask yourself what should happen if a fighter is being told he is taking legal supplements when, in fact, his trainer is juicing him?

I do not know the answers to these questions, but they are the questions that need to be answered not:

'Cheating should be allowed as long as it doesn't affect the outcome'

sigh

Quote Originally Posted by mindwarp View Post
    People fuck people pleasurably with vaseline
    Astroglide is much superior for this purpose IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by mindwarp View Post
    Sweat != Vaseline.
    Unless you are talking about Chuck Norris. He sweats vaseline and pisses astroglide. (Unless, of course, this is just a rouse to get the ladies to submit to his golden shower fetish--sick fuck!)

Quote Originally Posted by TN94z View Post
    GSP was the one asking for the rematch. He challenged BJ to a rematch and BJ accepted. GSP is to blame there.
    Come on now, man. This is getting more and more ridiculous. Maybe you just used the wrong words, but GSP certainly didn't "ask" for a rematch. BJ accused him of cheating and insinuated the fight could have-would have gone differently. Of course GSP is going to step up and offer to fight BJ again after being insulted like that. That's not asking for a rematch. To say GSP is to blame for being willing to clear his name is bonkers.

Quote Originally Posted by noahm View Post
    In other words, the big question should be:

What happens when a fighter ( any fighter) gets caught greasing period?

Irrespective of the effect on the outcome of a fight.
    If a fighter/camp is caught on camera doing anything against the rules and it's obvious it's done intentionally, anything from disqualification, fine to suspension. Here, there is no proof it was anything but a lapse by Nurse. If anything, the circumstances suggest it wasn't intentional (NSAC officials watching, audience watching, cameras, etc.). And intent should matter when it comes to the severity of the consequences.
    Now, if the fight was even and the infraction substantial, a NC or disqualification should be warranted irrespective of intent. For example, an unintentional poke in the eye that incapacitates a fighter.

As for the argument whether the fighter knew or not. Ask yourself what should happen if a fighter is being told he is taking legal supplements when, in fact, his trainer is juicing him?
    That's not a good analogy, in my opinion. Anybody who puts something into his body without blinking over and over again or follows advice blindly is an idiot and deserves to be penalized if he gets caught. Here, we're talking about 2 guys working on a fighter between rounds simultaneously. To expect the fighter to be aware of every little pat or movement of his cornermen when he's in the middle of the biggest fight of his life, or any fight, or to transfer blame on him is completely unrealistic and way too harsh.

I do not know the answers to these questions, but they are the questions that need to be answered not:

'Cheating should be allowed as long as it doesn't affect the outcome'
    For the 100th time, nobody is saying cheating should be allowed, for Christ's sake! Did you skip reading comprehension in school or something? You combined 2 different issues to argue you point. Show me a post where someone actually said it. The argument is that in this fight it didn't affect the outcome because BJ was clearly outclassed and it's absurd to turn it into a NC. But that doesn't mean what happened was ok, or shouldn't be addressed. In fact it has been addressed so it's time to put it to rest.

wow dude, you didn't even read my post apparently. It should be dealt with, not turned into a NC. Ppl can be fined etc. cornermen suspended from the ring etc. but it cannot be just glossed over depending on whether it affects the outcome or not. Chill out.

I am chilled out. But I'm also seriously allergic to bullshit. Not only did I read your post, but I also quoted it, which you apparently failed to notice. The problem has been dealt with and nobody was arguing it should not be dealt with. Again, quote me a post where someone said infractions violating octagon rules should be glossed over under any circumstances. I also answered your questions so perhaps you should read my post first and then write a sensible response.

IF you actually read the post, you would have seen that I said 'I don't know the answers to these questions'. It was pretty much just to put some food for thought out there. It seems that the general argument has been 'It didn't affect the outcome of the fight, so why pursue anything' . To me, that is just flawed fundamentally. I keep hearing 'if it was close, then...' I don't think I posted anything about turning over the results of the fight, or making a rematch or actually anything about the GSP BJ fight at all and you came at me with profanity and judgement about my reading skills. I wasn't responding to a post of yours, so I don't know why I would have quoted you. If you took a second, you would see that there was nothing provacative or emotionally charged about my post. You just took it for way more than it was meant to be.

I mean really, would you have the same feeling if it was Tito vs Rich Franklin, the fight was close and the same incident occured in Tito's corner? I don't think anyone wants a rematch or different results(possibly a few BJ NH out there) , it is just that the argument that it didn't affect the outcome is fundamentally flawed as to the depth of investigation required.

So again, chill out man, no reason to get yourself all worked up. It wasn't meant that way.

Quote Originally Posted by SMGRIFFIN View Post
    Anyone with common sense knows, the vas had little to no impact on the end result of the fight. Had it been a close battle, then you could make a case about GSP being greased up.

I'm sure this topic will plague us for a very, very, long time.
    umm what does that has to do with the topic? So, what you're saying is a fighter could grease himself up as long as he wins in a dominating fashion? LOL

Thread Information