+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cutman Stitch talks vaseline

Quote Originally Posted by NAL987 View Post
    "Its grown more than the actual problem itself"
    "A problem that got blown out of proportion"

100% Correct.

So TN94z were you happy with the GSP/Penn II result?..
    I am happy with it, yes! I am a big GSP fan as well....I have just liked BJ much longer. I am not happy with the condition in which BJ showed up for the fight however.

man you are getting old, give it a rest boy..be done with it allready
    I am getting old? This is a good video and is very unbiased. For someone that contributes very little in any of your posts, you sure do talk a lot of trash. Are you trying to mimic BJ or something? If anything, I'll keep talking about now just out of spite to you.

Thanks for playing but you FAIL!

Quote Originally Posted by vidar023 View Post
    you dont
    have common sense i get..everybody nows that when you are in a fight or,training grappeling, you will sweat alot, and get slippery naturly.

can a ask you? have you done any grappling in just shorts, no tshirt? you get slippery very quick..i have done alot of grappeling, and now this very much
    Yeah, yeah, yeah...most of us have grappled in gi, no gi, rash guards, no rash guards...etc..etc..... you can get slippery from sweat. I mean this is not some astonishing find or anything.

Contrary to what you think...I actually though this video would shed some light for both sides..
    Favorite UFC Fighters:

HW-Cigano, Frank Mir, Cain Valasquez
    LHW-Machida, Franklin, Jon Jones
    MW-Maia, Gouveia, Anderson
    WW-GSP, Hazelett ,Diaz
    LW-BJ Penn, Huerta, Lauzon

Quote Originally Posted by TN94z View Post
    Contrary to what you think...I actually though this video would shed some light for both sides..

i thought this was a great video, and in regards to the host, he was trying to be unbiased, i thought that came across very clearly.
    TO EVAN R.I.P.

he always looked like Edward James Olmos to me...

you dont have common sense i get..everybody nows that when you are in a fight or,training grappeling, you will sweat alot, and get slippery naturly.

can a ask you? have you done any grappling in just shorts, no tshirt? you get slippery very quick..i have done alot of grappeling, and now this very much
    Think about what you typed for 2 seconds before you hit post.

Sweat != Vaseline. People fuck people pleasurably with vaseline.

JOIN THE TRIGG RESISTANCE

you dont have common sense i get..everybody nows that when you are in a fight or,training grappeling, you will sweat alot, and get slippery naturly.

Applying Vaseline and sweating are two different things. Do you need to be explained why one is illegal and the other isn't? I assume you are training MMA when you grapple? Because people usually wear Gi when training BJJ.

nay sayers will be nay sayers, and just the same on the opposite side..

frankly, i'm getting annoyed with how much people are just blowing the idea over. GSP's corner man cheated whether he did knowningly or not. plain and simple.. it's cheating. people are trying to scramble and get some new rules in place to eliminate this fuck up. obviously it if was such a little problem yeah, they wouldn't be doing all the rule changes.. fucking idiots. people need to get off of their favorite fighter's nuts and look what the fuck happened.

Nobody is saying it's ok to apply vaseline outside the face. But it doesn't change the fact that (1) it doesn't mean it was done purposefully; (2) it in any way changed the outcome of the fight; (3) the fight should be declared a NC. If GSP fought with his cornea cut after BJ poked him in the eye in the first fight, and Anthony Johnson did not have his fight declared a NC after almost losing his eye, what occurred in this fight as hell doesn't warrant a NC. People need to get their heads out of their asses and look at what the fuck happened, i.e., BJ got owned by a bigger, stronger and ultimately better fighter. If you can't handle it, I suggest psychotherapy as I know what I saw and posting strained arguments about cheating won't change my mind about it.

Quote Originally Posted by marekny144 View Post
    Nobody is saying it's ok to apply vaseline outside the face. But it doesn't change the fact that (1) it doesn't mean it was done purposefully; (2) it in any way changed the outcome of the fight; (3) the fight should be declared a NC. If GSP fought with his cornea cut after BJ poked him in the eye in the first fight, and Anthony Johnson did not have his fight declared a NC after almost losing his eye, what occurred in this fight as hell doesn't warrant a NC. People need to get their heads out of their asses and look at what the fuck happened, i.e., BJ got owned by a bigger, stronger and ultimately better fighter. If you can't handle it, I suggest psychotherapy as I know what I saw and posting strained arguments about cheating won't change my mind about it.
    The people that need to get their "heads out of their asses" are the ones that are over looking the fact that vaseline was put where it was not supposed to be put...period. It has nothing to do with Bj getting his ass handed to him. I mean everyone on the site agrees with that...even BJ says that GSP was the better fighter. That does not mean that the vaseline shouldn't be over looked.

If it wasn't a big deal, they wouldn't change the rules
    Favorite UFC Fighters:

WW-GSP, Hazelett ,Diaz

My getting the heads out of their asses comment was meant to be a play on words from the post I was responding to, to be honest. I would agree with your post except that BJ says GSP was a better fighter out of one corner of his mouth but then throws accusations and is asking for a rematch out of the other.

Second, I do think that comment applies to some people here who just can't deal with the fact that their favorite fighter who seemed invincible after blowing through the LW division got owned in such a devastating fashion. I don't have a problem with punishing the cornerman for his slip-up (no pun intended), but most of those who are crying about it here are also asking for a NC, which, as I've made abundantly clear in my posts on the subject, is absurd considering other fights where fighters were way more disadvantaged and either pulled through, like GSP in his first fight with BJ, or unfairly lost where the fight was even, like Johnson. I don't remember the same people campaigning as hard for a NC then. I somehow doubt very, very seriously whether GSP would have filed a complaint against BJ if he had lost a close split decision to BJ in 2006. An eye poke after all is "illegal" as people here love to say. I also doubt GSP's supporters would have been posting propaganda clips from hack doctors about the blurring of vision, triple vision, confusion and lack of orientation, etc. after having your cornea cut following a finger thrust. The UFC took measures for vaseline to hopefully never be a controversy again, so why continue torturing the subject?

Quote Originally Posted by marekny144 View Post
    My getting the heads out of their asses comment was meant to be a play on words from the post I was responding to, to be honest. I would agree with your post except that BJ says GSP was a better fighter out of one corner of his mouth but then throws accusations and is asking for a rematch out of the other.

Second, I do think that comment applies to some people here who just can't deal with the fact that their favorite fighter who seemed invincible after blowing through the LW division got owned in such a devastating fashion. I don't have a problem with punishing the cornerman for his slip-up (no pun intended), but most of those who are crying about it here are also asking for a NC, which, as I've made abundantly clear in my posts on the subject, is absurd considering other fights where fighters were way more disadvantaged and either pulled through, like GSP in his first fight with BJ, or unfairly lost where the fight was even, like Johnson. I don't remember the same people campaigning as hard for a NC then. I somehow doubt very, very seriously whether GSP would have filed a complaint against BJ if he had lost a close split decision to BJ in 2006. An eye poke after all is "illegal" as people here love to say. I also doubt GSP's supporters would have been posting propaganda clips from hack doctors about the blurring of vision, triple vision, confusion and lack of orientation, etc. after having your cornea cut following a finger thrust. The UFC took measures for vaseline to hopefully never be a controversy again, so why continue torturing the subject?

GSP was the one asking for the rematch. He challenged BJ to a rematch and BJ accepted. GSP is to blame there. I don't see anyway possible that this could be deemed a NC. If the fight had been close, yeah...but the fight was not close. BJ was dominated, I agree with you there.

I was not trying to drag the vaseline thing in the dirt. I just posted the video to show a more unbiased opinion from a pretty highly regarded cut man. It wasn't in defense of BJ or GSP. It was meant to be just a general knowledge video considering the rule changes.
    Favorite UFC Fighters:

WW-GSP, Hazelett ,Diaz

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information