+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Florian Denies Email to Penn

Quote Originally Posted by Tyreas View Post
    I kinda expected this reply from Kenny. I think BJ might have been stirring the pot a bit.

*shrug*
    penn is a sore loser. i would not pay to watch bj get his ass kicked again. make excuses again. then say bla bla bla st pierre bla bla bla again. go back to 155, that is where you belong, or atleast fight 1 or 2 top contenders at 170 then try gsp again. geez. alves would beat penn at 170 no prob im sure. 100 % sure that is.

if penn was smart, he would have printed the email, taken it to the athletic commission, had gsp checked twice before each round, but no. he goes and gets his ass kicked, cries, makes excuses, then talks about the email when it is too late. typical.
    Last edited by Ramma; 02-13-2009 at 12:34 AM. Reason: Double Post

How lowwwwwww can BABY j goooooo.

Since when does lying = hyping a fight? I completely understand a fighter hyping a fight but to out right lie, that has nothing to do with hyping a fight and more with your character.
    OK let me spell it out for you. Florian goes to Greg Jackson's camp to train for the BJ Penn fight, implying that that camp has Penn's number and knows how to beat him. True or not, that is a psychological move on Florian's part. It also gives the fight a bit more depth and personal.

Penn says Florian sent him that email to create turmoil and mistrust within that camp. Whether it works or not remains to be seen. I dont think that it will, but, now that its out there, what do think bloggers and reporters are going to ask Florian for a while?

Ring/Octagon Psychology is a HUGE part of the fight game. How many people were already beaten before Mike Tyson ever hit the ring in his prime? My guess is a LOT.

How does this make Florian look like a dumbass? Because he said he never sent an e-mail? Wow guess it doesn't take much to be a dumbass these days
    (Read above)

Everyone is being hypersensitive to anything Penn related, but I guarantee you its business as usual in Hilo and there's probably a bit of turmoil in the Jackson camp with the investigation going on. If you havent figured out by now most of the posts directed at "GreaseGate" are probably Penn fans just trying to stir things up a bit. That fight will always be tainted. Whether it has 100 posts or 1 more post on MMA news boards.

At the end of the day GSP has a win Penn has a loss (unless the NSAC overturns the ruling in March)

BJ Penn has a clarification on his website saying it was a text to his team member from Kenflo
    Last edited by Fillups422; 02-13-2009 at 12:04 AM. Reason: Edited because I can

4. Default

Again, how does lying hype a fight? The more and more that comes of BJ's mouth, the more of his true (IMO) spoiled, typical rich kid character comes out. Lying has NOTHING to do with pre-fight hype, period.
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

Again, how does lying hype a fight? The more and more that comes of BJ's mouth, the more of his true (IMO) spoiled, typical rich kid character comes out. Lying has NOTHING to do with pre-fight hype, period.

And you know its not the truth how? Because Florian said it wasn't him who said it?

Sorry oh great one.

6. Default

If u were BJ would u say u got an email or would you produce an actual copy? BTW, fuck Carnac
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

Quote Originally Posted by Fillups422 View Post
    Everyone is being hypersensitive to anything Penn related, but I guarantee you its business as usual in Hilo and there's probably a bit of turmoil in the Jackson camp with the investigation going on. If you havent figured out by now most of the posts directed at "GreaseGate" are probably Penn fans just trying to stir things up a bit. That fight will always be tainted. Whether it has 100 posts or 1 more post on MMA news boards.
    I just read this over again and I am in awe at how badly in denial Penn nuthuggers are. This is way worse than when Wanderlei lost.

Business as usual at Hilo... Didn't Penn say he was going to retire like 2 days after he lost to GSP with big watery eyes?

Penn gets the beating of his life, gets crushed in every single round, quits after calling his opponent a quitter several times and all the negative focus is on the guy that won almost 2 weeks later.

The fight will always be tainted because Penn chose to lie and drag another great fighter down instead of taking his loss like a man. Penn is a punk, this coming from an ex-BJ Penn fan.

BJ clarified today that it was a text message sent to his team and not an email. The only way we will know is when the athletic commission weighs in on this whole thing next month. Im sure theyll be talking to several people.

Sorry Carnac was all i could come up with on short notice.

I just read this over again and I am in awe at how badly in denial Penn nuthuggers are.

Theres no denial here. I like BJ Penn but if it were him getting greased up and not GSP I'd be saying the same things about Penn. Penn said on his radio interview yesterday that he got his ass whooped and that's that. But if the NSAC finds GSPs camp did it on purpose there's no more respect going to be given for GSP or his camp.

Having any kind of advantage over another fighter is unacceptable in ANY circumstance no matter how significant it may or may not be.

Some people on here need to clear their head and look at it from a third party perspective instead of a middle school gossip circle.

Quote Originally Posted by ColdMolasses View Post
    How does this make Florian look like a dumbass? Because he said he never sent an e-mail? Wow guess it doesn't take much to be a dumbass these days......:headscratch:
    Actually, I can see a vague point in what Fillups is saying (though, quite poorly). I wouldn't consider it a calculated lie by BJ about the alleged (and probably total bulldrek) Florian email. Instead, look at it from BJ's perspective:

Pre-Fight Scenario:
    Someone in BJ's camp gets a mysterious text message from someone impersonating Kenflo (probably from a complete stranger or maybe a previous GSP opponent) who says that GSP greases. They brush it off as nothing (maybe it doesn't even get to BJ).

Post-Fight Followup:
    BJ lost and wonders what the outcome might have been had GSP not been greased. BJ hears that Florian is going to train with GSP for their upcoming fight. Someone in BJ's camp tells BJ about the text message before their fight. BJ probably knows in his mind it wasn't from Florian but at this point, you're BJ so what do you do? SCREW 'EM ALL!

At this point, you're BJ so you just throw the accusation out there and let it stick to whatever (not even really caring if it doesn't stick at all). This is your (albeit immature) way of dealing with all the hoopla about GSP greasing and Florian hoping to learn "special anti-BJ tactics" from GSP.

Personally, I don't care for it but I'm not going to hold it against BJ (unless he continues to support this text message claim as legit). BJ lost but GSP's camp also cheated (intentional or not). At the end of the day, both fighters are still in my top 5 favorites (though BJ does have a big mouth that needs to shut alot of the time).

Honestly, I didn't like the way he bashed Sean Sherk (and I still think Sherk may have been innocent due to a mixup by the CSAC but that's pure speculation) so this is just bad karma coming full circle for BJ.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information