Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wanderlei silva is ready for the move to 185

i think sakara wouldbe a good first fight i think leben is going to be out for too long and dana wouldnt let bisping get murdered yet...

I really love watching Wandy fight. He just gives up to much size and weight to fight in the UFC LHW divsion. I want to see Wandy winning like he used to. I think he can walk through the division pretty easily except for Hendo. A Rich Franklin vs Wandy fight would be great. I dont think Wandy will ever be able to beat Anderson Silva.

War Wand!

Man I love watching this guy fight... The only thing I miss about watching this guy is that he can no longer use those lovely soccer kicks to the head while an opponent is lying on the mat.

Quote Originally Posted by kingrobert View Post
    I really love watching Wandy fight. He just gives up to much size and weight to fight in the UFC LHW divsion. I want to see Wandy winning like he used to. I think he can walk through the division pretty easily except for Hendo. A Rich Franklin vs Wandy fight would be great. I dont think Wandy will ever be able to beat Anderson Silva.
    I've actually been thinking an Ace vs. Wand fight would be good at 185..
    or Maia vs. Wand at 185
    I watched UFC 1-10 LIVE

Hendo, Cro Cop, Wand, Shogun, Trigg, A. Emelianenko, Alves, B. Larson, Stun Gun, Huerta, Gomi

I've seen Fedor fight live

Quote Originally Posted by ckauffman28 View Post
    i think sakara wouldbe a good first fight i think leben is going to be out for too long and dana wouldnt let bisping get murdered yet...
    I agree, I would love to see how Wandy would do against someone like Nate Marquardt, I think that would be a great fight, him fighting Sakara would definitely be exciting as well
    Quote Originally Posted by unkoil View Post
    I've actually been thinking an Ace vs. Wand fight would be good at 185..
    or Maia vs. Wand at 185
    I don't think Maia would fight Wandy cuz they train together, but either way I'm not so sure Maia would be able to handle Wandy's aggressive striking style especially cuz Wandy knows how good Maia's BJJ is and would want to knock him out as soon as he can

goddamn this is fantastic

one of my favorite fighters ever and he's about to go on a sherman march through 185. a silva vs. silva match would be big bucks, but i think they both said they wouldn't fight each other. regardless of what happens, wanderlei is such a mainstay of mma and a nearly universally respected fighter by everyone.

okay i'm gonna go watch him beat up fujita and get more excited.
    Survival is Triumph Enough
    -Harry Crews

Hopefully they give Wandy a good fight at 185. Maybe against someone like Palhares.

War Wandy. Win or lose, I will always be a supporter.

two consecutive losses in his next two fights, and he's out of the ufc.

I think He should fight James Irvin at 185 after Irvin's fight against Mcfedries..Also another good fight for him would be Marquardt or Jorge Rivera..... 3 good fights for him although any of them can be dangerous for him..

People are always on Wandy's nuts man they ignore the fact that after being knocked out viciously 3 times in the last while and take some of the beatings he has taken in 4 of his last 5 fights it is that much easier for him to get knocked out...After the first KO the 2nd KO comes about that much easier and the same for the third and so On....I like Wanderlei as a fighter but My gut tells me his glory days are over.. if he loses anymore fights he is entering the realm of Ken Shamrock.....

1 more loss makes him 1-5 in his last 6... I hope he puts together a nice string of wins in the UFC MW division but i dont see it happening...getting Knocked out the way he has as of late takes a toll on you man....

B#31
    HW: Kongo, Gonzaga, Yvel, Nogueira
    LHW: Jackson, Randleman, Vera, Lawal
    MW: Palhares, Meyhem, Grove, Hendo, Bisping
    WW:Koscheck, Diaz, Woodley, Semtex
    LW:Penn, Krazy Horse, Diaz, Cerrone, Pettis

If this was a few years ago I think he would have cleared out the entire division. I still think he will go through most of the division. Can't wait to see him fight again!!!

Do you throw Wandy straight in against a top ranked opponent, or give him a couple of tune up fights so he can get some quick KOs (and some much needed confidence) under his belt?

Personally, I'd love to see Wandy vs Franklin right off the bat. With Hendo and Bisping out on TUF, and Leben not exactly the UFC's favourite employee right now, he's the highest profile fight available.

Thread Information