+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wanderlei silva is ready for the move to 185

Franklin would Knock Wanderlei out at this point in time..but it is a fight and no one knows what will happen but Franklin is still a top 3 MW In my opinion just cant beat Silva lol yeah Rich would be bad news for Wanderlei..if he gets knocked out again he is the new Shamrock
    HW: Kongo, Gonzaga, Yvel, Nogueira
    LHW: Jackson, Randleman, Vera, Lawal
    MW: Palhares, Meyhem, Grove, Hendo, Bisping
    WW:Koscheck, Diaz, Woodley, Semtex
    LW:Penn, Krazy Horse, Diaz, Cerrone, Pettis

Quote Originally Posted by Goremire View Post
    Do you throw Wandy straight in against a top ranked opponent, or give him a couple of tune up fights so he can get some quick KOs (and some much needed confidence) under his belt?

Personally, I'd love to see Wandy vs Franklin right off the bat. With Hendo and Bisping out on TUF, and Leben not exactly the UFC's favourite employee right now, he's the highest profile fight available.
    I think Wandy needs a tune up fight first. We really dont know how he is going to handle the weight cut. Then in his 2nd fight give him someone really good.

I think Wandy needs a tune up fight first. We really dont know how he is going to handle the weight cut. Then in his 2nd fight give him someone really good.
    I actually agree with you - I just have a suspicion that the UFC is going to look at it pragmatically and say "We're paying you the salary of an A-Level fighter. So we're gonna book you to fight other A-Level fighters." They're paying him $200K+ a fight, and he's 1 - 3 in the UFC. I think the UFC's gonna want to start seeing a return on that investment soon, and you don't get that fighting Ryan Bader or Drew McFederies.

[QUOTE=the_dark_angel_4ever;589959]I can't wait to see Wandy fight again. God I'd love to see him rip Bispings head off lol
    QUOTE]

IMO, what Wandy would do to Bisping would make what he did to Jardine look like a battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Goremire View Post
    I actually agree with you - I just have a suspicion that the UFC is going to look at it pragmatically and say "We're paying you the salary of an A-Level fighter. So we're gonna book you to fight other A-Level fighters." They're paying him $200K+ a fight, and he's 1 - 3 in the UFC. I think the UFC's gonna want to start seeing a return on that investment soon, and you don't get that fighting Ryan Bader or Drew McFederies.
    I think he's worth the money that he's being paid right now even if he's not winning, simply because all of his fights are nothing short of exciting and he has a strong fan base behind him.

Some people posting here are underestimating Wandy because his record is not so good right now, losing to Chuck, Rampage, and Hendo shouldn't discredit him as a fighter, with Chuck he gave up a significant reach advantage and still banged with him for three rounds to make it an exciting fight....he got caught with Rampage and Hendo due to his wild style of striking....he admits he needs to work on his technique and I'm sure he's going to come back much improved to dominate the 185 division.

I'm calling it right now, look for him to fight for the title late this year or early 2010

Quote Originally Posted by fishy View Post
    I agree, I would love to see how Wandy would do against someone like Nate Marquardt, I think that would be a great fight, him fighting Sakara would definitely be exciting as well

I don't think Maia would fight Wandy cuz they train together, but either way I'm not so sure Maia would be able to handle Wandy's aggressive striking style especially cuz Wandy knows how good Maia's BJJ is and would want to knock him out as soon as he can
    I didn't know they train together, I'm assuming probably at Wand's new gym?

If so can you provide me with a link regarding Wand's training partners?

I want to see who else he trains with
    I watched UFC 1-10 LIVE

Hendo, Cro Cop, Wand, Shogun, Trigg, A. Emelianenko, Alves, B. Larson, Stun Gun, Huerta, Gomi

I've seen Fedor fight live

Quote Originally Posted by unkoil View Post
    I didn't know they train together, I'm assuming probably at Wand's new gym?

If so can you provide me with a link regarding Wand's training partners?

I want to see who else he trains with
    Maia's been training with silva for a little while now.

He trained at Xtreme Couture, but I'm not sure who's going to train with him at his new gym, I'm guessing he'll have random fighters like Maia or Nogueira or the guys at Xtreme come in and help him train at his new gym for upcoming fights...

Can't wait to see him in this division. 205 in the UFC would have shortened whatever was/is left of his career.

Wandy and Anderson would be very interesting to see. Follow Chute Boxe trying to run Anderson Silva out of MMA, and using Wandy as the weapon to try and pull that off years ago, it would be an interesting fight.

Hopefully Wandy can knock off a few opponents and we could see him go for a title fight at 185 in the next year.
    Phil Baroni

"I fight because I can't sing, I can't dance, and it beats working all day. Now ask me a question that doesn't sound so fucking stupid."

Forrest Griffin

"He did exactly what I wanted him to do and he knocked me the fuck out"

Anderson would ruin him....Wandy lets his guard down when he swings wildly....Anderson's countering and PINPOINT accuracy would lead to abad night for The Axe Murderer..I really dont see him holding a title in the UFC ever.....but then again what do I know... Just saying Anderson vs Wanderlei would be a mistake and could lead to a lengthy medical suspension and maybe retirement for Wandy
    HW: Kongo, Gonzaga, Yvel, Nogueira
    LHW: Jackson, Randleman, Vera, Lawal
    MW: Palhares, Meyhem, Grove, Hendo, Bisping
    WW:Koscheck, Diaz, Woodley, Semtex
    LW:Penn, Krazy Horse, Diaz, Cerrone, Pettis

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information