+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tim Sylvia as cocky as ever (interview)

Default Tim Sylvia as cocky as ever (interview)

This is from MMACanada.com. Tim Sylvia is at an all-time high with the cockiness, claiming it was "easy" to KO Arlovski and really talking big time. I was blown away by how ...cocky (good thing we got the word cock back I'd be screwed otherwise for this post cause I can't think of another word to use)....but yeah, read this and tell me if you don't think Sylvia is getting cockier than ever.

mmacanada: Alright we are here with Team Miletich product also the current UFC Heavyweight Champ Tim the "Maine-iac" Sylvia! Tim great to have you here with us at mmacanada.net! For the past few years you have been dominating not just in the UFC but in other organizations, beating everyone put in front of you! What is your biggest win in you career thus far??
    Tim Sylvia: I know everyone's thinking Arlovski but that win wasn't really big, just easy. Its going to be a big win in july. Noone Ive fought has really given me any problems.

mmacanada: I noticed in your last fight that your striking is alot quicker and stronger. Who in the Miletich camp has helped you train for your most recent fights and what areas have you been improving on?
    Tim Sylvia: Ive been working with my conditioning coach Billy Rush. Hes got me in the best shape of my life.

mmacanada: What made you choose full contact fighting as a career?
    Tim Sylvia: I was a bouncer in bars and I was getting in a lot of fights, so I figured I might as well get paid a lot more to do it. And look where its gotten me. Im the best of the best

mmacanada: Describe your win over Ricco Rodrigues that gave you your first UFC heavyweight title? Did you predict winning by TKO?
    Tim Sylvia: I know I would have K'd the F*ck out of Ricoo. Arlovski couldent do that!!

mmacanada: Sometimes the octagon may not be the safest place to be and mistakes do happen but very rarely, for all the fans that want to know the real deal, what exactly were you feeling inside when you lost your championship to Frank Mir by doctor stoppage due to a broken arm that you suffered as a result of not tapping? Did you loose any respect for Frank?
    Tim Sylvia: No Frank's a good guy. The whole time I was just thinking its not over you know. I would definately win in a rematch. That is if Frank is up to it. I think his careers over.

mmacanada: Now lets move to the first match with Arlovski for the vacant heavyweight title, you fell short on that.. but you were able to regain the title and revenge by beating Arlovski the second time around at UFC 59 and captured your second reign of the UFC HEavyweight championship, how did it feel to prove that Arlovski is beatable?
    Tim Sylvia: I always knew Arlovski was beatable the guy gets knocked out by a light breeze. The first time I just made a stupid mistake. And look what happend the second time I embarrased him.

mmacanada: I must admit, I was rooting for you and I was very impressed with the way you fought that match, you were quicker, tougher, meaner and overall CALM! How did you prepare for that fight knowing you were the underdog and that the bets were stacked against you?
    Tim Sylvia: I came in their with a game plan and I executed it. I knocked his ass out.

mmacanada: Last but not least, Tim you got a fight just around the corner against Arlovski for the 3rd and maybe the final time, how important is it for you to win this fight? Win or loose, what is next for you?
    Tim Sylvia: Its very important and I will win again. I must say this is the first interview where I wasent asked about Jlb. Im so sick of this guy. Bottom line he likes to open his mouth a lot but he doesent want to fight me. He wont sign the contract and get knocked the f*ck out.

mmacanada: Tim, great to have you with us and we are looking forward to speaking with you again!
    Tim Sylvia: Thank you guys!

P.S. - breaking news: Tim Sylvia 'embarassed' Arlovski in the rematch with the 'ease' in which he 'k'd him the f*ck out'. I dunno if anyone knew that...

im now more of an AA fan

I hope AA dominates him big time well I guess I dont have to hope cuz we know AA is gonna knock the bricks offa him.
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

AA > Sylvia

Holy shit, what's going on with this guy?? You know who he's starting to remind me of is Matt Hughes as far as attitude. Matt use to be very humble and i was a huge fan of his then all of a sudden he started trash talking and became very cocky. He's still a great fighter obviously you can't take that from him but i've never been a big fan of cocky fighters. Tim on the other hand is just saying some stuff that doesn't even really make sense. When you were dropped and rocked in a fight how can you turn around and say you won "with ease"? Unless he's just finally figured out people won't cheer for him so he might as well give them some reason to really boo him. I must take a little credit for instigating the whole Sylvia/JLB thing. It was started by some dude on myspace who pretended to be Tim and talked shit to JLB and JLB responded but even after i told JLB that wasn't Tim he didn't care he said he just wanted to fight Tim because he didn't like him and pretty much thought he was a bum. So i interviewed JLB and that got all over the internet and i followed up with a Tim interview. The reason it's not happening is because JLB is under contract already so the UFC won't sign him. If he was not i think it would be a sure thing he'd be there and that fight would happen. Trust me JLB WANTS to fight Tim BAD. He also wants a shot in the UFC he said. But anyways whatever Tim's doing he should stop or at least say some factual shit like "Yea AA rocked me but i manned up and came back and took his heart" or some shit like that, at least there's some truth there if you want to talk shit, saying it was easy was just silly.

WOW. That's pretty much all I can say about that. A couple things :

How come Tim Sylvia never looks like he's in great shape? It always looks like he has a little around his mid section that shouldn't be there...

Also,

Afro, remember a couple days ago when we were talkin about Chuck and Silva, and you were saying that you think Wand is the best because everyone always calls him out and he never calls anyone else out... I think Tim repeatedly talking shit and calling out AA is a sign that everyone knows AA is the top dog (in the UFC only of course) and Sylvia repetitively calls out AA so people group them together even more and Sylvia looks like even more of a badass then he tries to be.. It was a great point by Afro on another thread.
    "Speed plus mass equals destruction" - Brock Lesnar

"How come Tim Sylvia never looks like he's in great shape? It always looks like he has a little around his mid section that shouldn't be there..."

Genetics. I don't doubt the guy works hard. He's just a bit of a dick lately. I never figured him to be savvy when it comes to marketing yourself as a fighter, but if so I think Cruz hit the nail on the head. People don't seem to want to cheer him for whatever reason, they boo him. Well, shit. Let's go with it then and get them to really boo the shit out of me. As long as people want to see you fight whether it's to win or to get your ass kicked, they have to pay to see it and if you're good enough you can "talk them into their seats" as the old expression goes. Maybe Sylvia realizes this. Who knows.

As far as JLB-Sylvia, I agree with Sylvia on this one. I mean why would JLB call out the number two Heavyweight in UFC? For one, JLB isn't proven in MMA. For two, if he thinks he's so good why would he call out the second best guy? And now that Sylvia is champion, you can forget it - even with the exchange thing going on between UFC and K-1 right now. For one, 90% of the MMA fans in the United States have 0 clue who Jerome LeBanner is. And more importantly, you can't risk bringing in someone who isn't staying, matching them up against your champion in their first ever UFC fight (6th ever in the sport) with the risk (a good one too) that he'll beat Sylvia, become champion, and leave the company. You think the UFC Heavyweight picture is a mess now, let that happen and it's even worse.

I used to be a big Tim fan a couple yrs. back but now the more he opens his mouth the more i hate him. I sure hope AA knocks him out

Quote Originally Posted by general4202002
    I used to be a big Tim fan a couple yrs. back but now the more he opens his mouth the more i hate him. I sure hope AA knocks him out
    I agree, you wanna like the guy but ya just cant after hearin shit like that.

Sylvias all ways been like that though. I watched an interview where he said that he throws "proper" punches to Ko someone, whereas Chuck Liddle throws lucky looping punches. Like it makes a difference when your KO'd by it.

This has to be a ploy by Militechs camp to start winding up opponents, cos as previously said Hughes is doing it a lot more as well as some of the others.

It will make AA KO'ing Sylvia all the sweeter at UFC61 though!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information