Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Poll results: If Silva beats leites, who should be next?

Silva did win the first 2 rounds. Cote didn't do anything special in the fight except surviving to round 3 and really is that anything to brag about?

Not everyone Silva fights is gonna get owned by the 2nd round infact I expect him to lose his 1st fight in the UFC before he retires. I'm def not overlooking Leites.

Okami.

Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    Silva did win the first 2 rounds. Cote didn't do anything special in the fight except surviving to round 3 and really is that anything to brag about?

Not everyone Silva fights is gonna get owned by the 2nd round infact I expect him to lose his 1st fight in the UFC before he retires. I'm def not overlooking Leites.
    Last thing I would do is rant about Cote/Silva. Cote in that fight. did something that no other man has done to him. Cote had Silva thinking. Cote put together a great gameplan, and it was working. Now, it was a matter of time when Cote or Anderson would have taken over. And you can even ask Anderson after the fight, he just wasnt the Anderson that has fought all these middleweights.. you know why? Because of Cote's strategy.

End result Cote didn't win a round.
    It is what it is baby.

Default So True

Quote Originally Posted by Ahura View Post
    think people vote alot on who they want to fight for the title rather than who deserves it.

Maia like a few have already said should perhaps fight someone next tier, possibly 1 of those guys listed in the poll with him, however i think Yushin should have the next shot, but as, the ufc thinks hes a boring fighter just seems like he wont be getting it, which is a sad way to base your decision on.
    We have fans picking their favorites, you get Dana picking the best ppv selling fights and then you have the people who should get the fight. I believe in Anderson Silva you should have him pick his opponents so we can get the best Anderson Silva. I would like to see Okami since he got a dq win over Anderson. But the must deserving should be Marquadt. Bisping is fighting his first true test at MW with Hendo. Bisping really needs a win or draw over Hendo and a win over someone in the top 5 MW picture.
    Fav fighter: A. Silva, BJ Penn, Dos Santos, Rampage, Bones Jones, Mir and Bendo

hendo vs bisping is for the number one contender spot right ??????

if so then hendo gets another shot at it.bisping can fuck right off
    Any HW that signs with the ufc is ducking the best in the world,he goes by the name
    FEDOR

Quote Originally Posted by themmabooker View Post
    Last thing I would do is rant about Cote/Silva. Cote in that fight. did something that no other man has done to him. Cote had Silva thinking. Cote put together a great gameplan, and it was working. Now, it was a matter of time when Cote or Anderson would have taken over. And you can even ask Anderson after the fight, he just wasnt the Anderson that has fought all these middleweights.. you know why? Because of Cote's strategy.
    What a bunch of crock ? Look at the caliber of guys that Cote fought before Anderson. Who has Cote lost to Leben and Lutter who both Anderson the Spider destroyed. I been in situation like basketball games and tennis matches and if the talent is not there you play to the level of your opponent. Cote was jus filling in because Okami wasn't available. Cote has a big heart but GSP probably can handle Cote.

Okami should be getting the next title shot, it just sucks he is getting screwed by Lietes and TUF. The guy is 7-1 in the UFC and chances are he will be 8-1 after his fight with Dan Miller. His only lost was a razon thin decision loss to Franklin, a fight he took on short notice. In a rematch I think Okami would dominate Franklin.

Like his style or hate his style, its hard to deny the fact Okami deserves his shot at beating Silva (again).
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

I heard that Dan Henderson is number one contender for MW belt. 2 should be Okami and Marquardt and Maia is 3 and 4.

Thread Information