Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll results: If Silva beats leites, who should be next?

Quote Originally Posted by themmabooker View Post
    Heres how i look at it, Okami wins his next fight, then he will be in line to fight the winner of this fight. Dana said that already. Theres so many combinations you can do in this division, but Okami, first and foremost, deserves the crack at it.
    If they're gonna do that though it would most likely be a co-main event as Okami doesnt necessarily have drawing power and even though the UFC can hype this fight because of its rematch implications, it still won't make a difference that most of the fanbase views Okami's fighting style as somewhat broing.

I'm massive Maia fan, but he doesn't have the stand up game yet to deal with Anderson, In a straight up BJJ match then Maia would take , but with MMA rules it's the Spider all the way - I don't want to see Maia KTFO.

Therefore I would give Okami the next shot, I don't mind if he gets knocked out
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintessential Studmuffin View Post
    If you dont love Wanderlei Silva...then fuck you sir.

let maia fight nate the great, see how good he is
    Fav fighters
    HW fedor, randy, AA, nog, brock, junior dos santos
    LHW chuck, rampage, wandy, babalu, forest, shogun,
    MW silva, bisping, franklin, hendo, maia
    ww GSP, hughes, davis, alves,

I agree with a few of you that said Maia needs to fight a bigger contender then he has to earn a shot. No disrespect to Mcdonald, Quarry, and Sonnen, they aren't the upper tier of the MW division. I think Nate vs. Maia would should get a title shot, but if Silva does retire when he says he will, I doubt the winner will face him. He's already got the winner of Bisping/Hendo and Okami lined up, and you know Dana would line up GSP/Silva if he gets half a chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I'm no doctor, and probably not even particularly smart...

i got a strange feeling miller is going to upset okami... so hendo vs bisping would be next...

what the hell happened to anderson and the light heavy weight division, the only guy in the middleweight division id like to see him vs is marquardt other then him i dont think anyone else has a chance. it would be so good if he went to lightheavy just think chuck liddell, rashad evans, rampage forrest id love to see him fight any of those guys. he has defended his title so many times now, he really deserves a shot at the lightheavy title straight away, i mean look at bj penn he got his shot at holding 2 belts, why not anderson??? maybe he doesnt want to and content with the middleweights?

Quote Originally Posted by themmabooker View Post
    Heres how i look at it, Okami wins his next fight, then he will be in line to fight the winner of this fight. Dana said that already. Theres so many combinations you can do in this division, but Okami, first and foremost, deserves the crack at it.
    It seems tho, that the UFC has something against Okami. He hasnt even been on the main card since his return. You'd think that they'd wanna at least keep him fresh in people's minds. Nate and Hendo are flashier fighters, especially with the performance Nate just turned in. Hendo needs to KO Bisping IMO to be considered in the near future title picture. I also agree with earlier sentiment that Maia needs big time wins. A quick sub over the last WEC MW champion is nice for starters. But I'd like to see a Maia/Okami matchup since Franklin, Hendo and Bisping are taken, Leites/Silva are fighting and Nate just fought. To me, it just makes sense.

i'd give it to marquardt, i think hes ready.

Former No. 1 contender Yushin Okami (23-4 MMA, 7-1 UFC) -- the last man to beat Silva
    i still dont see what all the hype is about Okami fighting Anderson.. he will be destroyed. And Okami didn't beat Silva... Silva knocked him the FUCK OUT! unfortunately up kicks were not allowed which sucks because it was a brutal KO!

i do not think Bispin deserves a shot as he has not done anything to deserve a shot yet.

Same goes for Henderson. He only won a fight against Rich which i think Rich should had won and still Hendo already had his shot.

Marquart has had his shot also and he lost. Yeah everyone says they made a mistake and they are a different fighter after they lose the fight. Rich said the same thing before the second fight and look what happened to him. KO by knees AGAIN!

Maia has made everyone either tap or go to sleep. The man deserves a shot. Wether his stand up is great or not, he has earned it.
    -SIGNATURE REMOVED FOR EXCEEDING SIZE LIMIT-

Note to Willpunisher: You have lost signature privileges until November 1, 2010. You may remove this message, but may not add anything to your signature until November 1.

Note to Asshole Mods: Stop being assholes and teasing me. If you going to ban me because you guys are fucking dicks than just do it already. Fucking bitches.

I think if Maia can avoid Anderson in a stand up war and just get a hold of him and take him down; this might be a bad fight for Anderson.

Thread Information