Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lyoto: “Anderson would knock Fedor out” {TATAME}

Size and power doesnt always win fights anyways. Royce Gracie proved this so many times in UFC omg. Even paper champ Rashad Evans beat Griffen.

One thing for sure though unless Andersons BJJ is better than Fedors if he went to the ground hes at a major disadvantage. Otherwise the advantage is his.

Also I highly doubt Fedor will ever come to the UFC and drop to 205 (I laugh at this comment)

I think it would be cool if we had these guys face off. There in different promotions obviously, but a fight like this would do huge.

Wow im very suprised at the responses. First of all this is not an idiotic thing to say, right now bold but not dumb. I although could see that fight being a very very good fight. Arlovski was more technical with his kickboxing and was looking good in the fight and made a bad decsion against a very good fighter and paid for it.

Anderson's muay thai is better than any part of fedors stand up. Fedor does have more power but prob not to much more. But Anderson is used to this he trainds with the Nogeria brothers and lyoto machida. Quickness, explosiveness, and power is nothing he hasn't seen in the gym.
    He is alos a bjj black belt and with those long limbs can be very dangerous on the ground. Fedor has prob delt with most of this in the past but to say he would kill anderson or beat him 10 out of 10 times is ignorant.

Oh yeah and another thing to remember with Anderson's knees, elbows, and dangerous muay thai, and fedor's vunerability to cuts could spell disaster.
    2-1 sig bets.

neither Machida or Silva has ever been hit by someone with power like Fedor. Fedor is a 230 pd machine that never stops coming, it doesn't matter what you do too him, he will never quit. There's a reason Machida and Anderson cut weight to fight at 205 and 185.

Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    I partially agree with him its definitely possible. Its not just Andersons power but it his power combined with his precision. In a stand up battle I give it to Anderson. Not a dumb comment to say the least if anything his comment was somewhat biased.

You have to remember Lyoto and Anderson Silva are friends and like Jardone and Evans they refuse to fight eachother (this is why Anderson is in mw). Hes already went on record and said lhw division belongs to Machida (and it does).

Silvas been kicking ass just like Fedor which is why hes also considered P4P...
    Ill also add I think Rampage can knock him on his ass too.

Likewise Fedor equally has a chance to knock both of them out.
    Fedor has kicked ass for many years, beating every #1 opponent they put infront of him, he's never lost a fight.

I'm a huge Rampage fan too, but even Page said he would never step in the same ring/octagon as Fedor.

Holy shit Lyoto. I love ya man, don't go and say crazy shit like this.
    Fav fighters: Lyoto, Amir, GSP, Lesnar, King Mo

What do you expect Machida to say...they train the same camp

Thats because they dont fight with the mindset of taking damage.

Have you ever seen Anderson Silva or Lyoto Machida get rocked in a fight? Its real simple both of these guys fight with power, speed, precision and evasion so they dont have to get rocked.

Now we have seen Fedor get rocked:
    YouTube - Fujita Rocks Fedor!

You say hes a machine I say hes quite human.
    Check out this link and take a ride with me baby.

Quote Originally Posted by big_juge View Post
    neither Machida or Silva has ever been hit by someone with power like Fedor. Fedor is a 230 pd machine that never stops coming, it doesn't matter what you do too him, he will never quit. There's a reason Machida and Anderson cut weight to fight at 205 and 185.
    Last edited by roaddawg; 03-17-2009 at 02:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by big_juge View Post
    Your pretty much right. I mean, hopefully we'll see Anderson more in the 205 divison, fighting guys like Evans, Jackson, Griffin, etc, then we will finally know if he can take a hit, or get punched hard by a 205 pounder.

He was a little rocked by Franklin when Franklin punched him. So you gotta think..

Show me where he was rocked by Franklin.

Thread Information