Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shields wants a fight with Aoki

Quote Originally Posted by slikguy View Post
    neither does aoki

what i dislike is that he's calling out a guy 40lbs lighter then him.
    it's like brock lesnar calling out gsp
    You don't get it do you?

1) Shields doesn't really want to stay at MW
    2) Shields doesn't want Aoki because he thinks it'll be aneasy win. He wants him for the challenge on the ground. Can you think of anyone other than Marcelo Garcia (also much lighter) that has subbed Shields in anything
    3) In the live interview, he also says that Strikeforce was the one that threw Aoki's name out there, not the other way around.

Shields would fight Trigg anytime any where, that shit goes back several years.

After Lawler, he's only got 1 more fight left on his deal (same as Lawler). It's unlikely Strikeforce will put him (or Lawler) in a title position unless he's resigned. So having each fight a 'Mega-Fight' in both fights is likely the best thing to do.

I highly doubt that Shields / Aoki ever happens though.
    CAUTION: This poster is prone to outbursts of unthinkable obscenities. If you encounter one of these incredible tirades, please do not provoke him further. This poster has been known to place himself, and his foes in a position to be banned. The best way to avoid such incidents would be to avoid stating anything negative about Jake Shields.

Quote Originally Posted by sandywh View Post
    You don't get it do you?

1) Shields doesn't really want to stay at MW
    2) Shields doesn't want Aoki because he thinks it'll be aneasy win. He wants him for the challenge on the ground. Can you think of anyone other than Marcelo Garcia (also much lighter) that has subbed Shields in anything
    3) In the live interview, he also says that Strikeforce was the one that threw Aoki's name out there, not the other way around.

Shields would fight Trigg anytime any where, that shit goes back several years.

After Lawler, he's only got 1 more fight left on his deal (same as Lawler). It's unlikely Strikeforce will put him (or Lawler) in a title position unless he's resigned. So having each fight a 'Mega-Fight' in both fights is likely the best thing to do.

I highly doubt that Shields / Aoki ever happens though.
    if shields wanted to challenge his ground skills he should challenge maia not aoki.
    let's take gsp vs bj as an example. look what a large size difference will do. bj got beat down for 20 mins.
    either way i'm not saying shields is not a good fighter in fact he's an excellent fighter.
    what would a win over aoki prove. he's got nothing to gain and a lot to lose if he's sub'd.
    maybe after he's done with aoki he can challemge faber
    Amir Sadollah would like to thank: “TapouT, Sprawl, Suckerpunch Entertainment, and the inventor of the thong.”

Quote Originally Posted by popsicle1228 View Post
    I think this would be a great fight. Many will disagree, but I think Aoki has the better ground game and Shields would make the mistake of being comfortable enough to go there. I think Aoki takes this by sub and is a bad match up for Shields.
    Wait... you think it would be a great fight, but it will be a bad match-up for Shields? Loss me there, bud. That actually confuses me, lol. No offence intended, of course. But if you could clear that up for me, I'd appreciate it. Because logically, it can't be a great fight if it's a bad match-up for one of the two fighters. Or can it be? Think I've just confused myself now...
    The real question is, where would they fight? I am assuming Shields would go to Japan for one fight?
    Probably.

I haven't seen ALOT of Aoki fights, but have of Shields, but I can't actually make a prediction here, and whatnot. However, Shields is very gifted Mix Martial Artist, and trains with some of the best in the game today, such as Gilbert Melendez, The Diaz Brothers, etc etc. So, I won't count him out. Then again, this is pretty much just hype, at the moment. But, it's possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Lauzon View Post
    "Guillard is like, 'Oh, Joe didn't beat me. I beat myself.'" "No, I smacked you in the face with my fist, and you went down and I choked you. I'm pretty sure i'm taking credit for that."
    Quote Originally Posted by King Mo View Post
    "It's funny how some fans wanna be PC and shit, but then some of these same muthafuckaz wanna pay to see some organized violence. LOL! Or they boo if a fight ain't violent enough. LOL!"

neither does aoki

Isn't Lesnar walking around about 100lbs heavier than GSP? Lesnar is 40lbs heavier than the other HW's. So anytime Lesnar calls someone out he's doing it.
    ROCK...CHALK...JAYHAWK

if shields wanted to challenge his ground skills he should challenge maia not aoki.
    IMO Maia would tool Shields for the simple fact that his pure grappling skills have transitioned better into mma but I'm sure sandy would disagree as he likes the taste of Shields nuts in his mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by grambino View Post
    Isn't Lesnar walking around about 100lbs heavier than GSP? Lesnar is 40lbs heavier than the other HW's. So anytime Lesnar calls someone out he's doing it.
    Ummm,no. Lesanr comes in a 265, the maxed weight in the HW division. Its just the other HW's arent that big,but they can be. They choose to be 230-250 to gain some extra speed from being a little lighter. Thats the difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Fight Club View Post
    well now I've seen War Machine's dick. fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Ill go against the grain.
    Werdum via triangle
    Someone needs to cheer for those poor souls.

Quote Originally Posted by JadedX View Post
    Wait... you think it would be a great fight, but it will be a bad match-up for Shields? Loss me there, bud. That actually confuses me, lol. No offence intended, of course. But if you could clear that up for me, I'd appreciate it. Because logically, it can't be a great fight if it's a bad match-up for one of the two fighters. Or can it be? Think I've just confused myself now...
    Yea, after reading it again it is pretty confusing. I guess a better word than great would be personally interested. The fight would likely go to the the ground and I am personally interested to see if Shields can compete with Aoki who in my opinion, has one of the greatest ground games in mma.

When I say bad match up it is because I think Shields has a better chance of losing this fight than winning. His stand up is limited and I dont think he can compete with Aoki on the ground. Nontheless, it is an interesting fight because Shields ground game would truly be tested, and based on the fact he is a great fighter, he could prove me wrong. After all, this is mma and anything can happen.

Hope this clears it up some.

Quote Originally Posted by popsicle1228 View Post
    Yea, after reading it again it is pretty confusing. I guess a better word than great would be personally interested. The fight would likely go to the the ground and I am personally interested to see if Shields can compete with Aoki who in my opinion, has one of the greatest ground games in mma.

When I say bad match up it is because I think Shields has a better chance of losing this fight than winning. His stand up is limited and I dont think he can compete with Aoki on the ground. Nontheless, it is an interesting fight because Shields ground game would truly be tested, and based on the fact he is a great fighter, he could prove me wrong. After all, this is mma and anything can happen.

Hope this clears it up some.
    That most certainly did, my friend. Appreciate that. I thought of asking you via PM, but felt this topic desevered further discussion, moreso than other absurd disccussions currently going on. Hope thats ok with you. That aid, I'll need to watch more of Aoki fights before I can actually agree/disagree and/or make any type of prediction in a fight against Sheilds.

PS- I've read on the main site, that Aoki will face Sakurai for DREAM Welterweight Grand Prix. That, should be a barn burner. Automatic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Lauzon View Post
    "Guillard is like, 'Oh, Joe didn't beat me. I beat myself.'" "No, I smacked you in the face with my fist, and you went down and I choked you. I'm pretty sure i'm taking credit for that."
    Quote Originally Posted by King Mo View Post
    "It's funny how some fans wanna be PC and shit, but then some of these same muthafuckaz wanna pay to see some organized violence. LOL! Or they boo if a fight ain't violent enough. LOL!"

neither does aoki

Then they make for a great fight

Jake says he wants to fight everybody. He would get beaten by more than most of them to. I don't like him at all. He is good but here Aoki would sub him.
    Fedor Emelianenko is the Greatest P4P MMA fighter to ever walk the earth, hands down.

Thread Information