Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Floyd Mayweather to also compete back to back with UFC 100?

Default Floyd Mayweather to also compete back to back with UFC 100?

Floyd Mayweather could also look to take on UFC 100 | Five Ounces of Pain

A new published report indicates that Floyd Mayweather Jr., who retired in December of 2007 as the undefeated pound-for-pound king of boxing, has possible designs on coming out of retirement.

And according to ESPN.com’s Dan Rafael, a potential date being discussed for Mayweather’s return is Saturday, July 11, which just happens to be the same date that the UFC has scheduled for its historic UFC 100 event.

Rafael states in his report that HBO has earmarked July 11 as a scheduled date for that month’s edition of “World Championship Boxing” and that Mayweather’s camp has inquired about the possibility of fighting on the show.

Talks of Mayweather’s return are still considered to be in the preliminary stages and a potential opponent remains uncertain. However, Rafael’s article indicates that Mayweather could be willing to fight Juan Manuel Marquez, Shane Mosley, or the winner of an upcoming fight between Manny Pacquiao and Ricky Hatton.

FiveOuncesOfPain.com broke the news yesterday that Affliction Entertainment is now engaged in exploratory talks to go head-to-head with UFC 100. If Affliction was able to finalize a deal to air its third event on network or basic cable television coupled with Mayweather’s return to boxing also being finalized for July 11 on HBO, UFC 100 would face some stiff competition in trying to attract male PPV buyers between the ages of 18-34.

it probably wont be against the top WWs, which all boxing fans want too see, myself included. I see him taking maybe Juan Manuel Marquez, then fighting the winner of Pacquiao-Hatton. But it would be beautiful to see him against Sugar Shane or Miguel Cotto.

Now, should all of that occur, it's going to be one explosive saturday. Geezus!

Rumors aside, July 11th will truly be the day to see who is actually climbing the ladder in unarmed combat sports, and who really isn't, between Boxing and UFC. I'm not going to add Affliction in there just yet, because at this point, that isn't confirmed.

**climbs in time machine... goes to july 11th 2009**

That didn't work...
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Lauzon View Post
    "Guillard is like, 'Oh, Joe didn't beat me. I beat myself.'" "No, I smacked you in the face with my fist, and you went down and I choked you. I'm pretty sure i'm taking credit for that."
    Quote Originally Posted by King Mo View Post
    "It's funny how some fans wanna be PC and shit, but then some of these same muthafuckaz wanna pay to see some organized violence. LOL! Or they boo if a fight ain't violent enough. LOL!"

if it's between UFC, Mayweather, and Fedor. I'm picking Fedor, with the rumors of it being non PPV, and same with the Mayweather fight. Can watch that on two different TVs.

Not to be a dick, but Mayweather doesn't really resonate with me as the "marquee" he once was, and there isn't a terrible amount of cache for his return for me unless it is one of these "superfights" that has been rumored, but personally, I'll pass on "Pretty Boy/Money" in favour of Fedor.

Do not expect Mayweathers first fight back to be a superfight. It will be nothing more than a tuneup fight. I would guess it would be against someone like a Luis Callazo or a Carlos Quintana, a respectable but very beatable opponant. Then look for a superfight in the fall against a Pacman, JMM, or Mosely.

he's definitely looking for the payday, can't blame him when he's brining in 20 mil a fight.

the only interest i have in seeing floyd fight is against de la hoya. oscar schooled him the first time i thought. i'd love a rematch. im not the biggest boxing fan in the world but i kno enough to kno mayweather may give ufc some problems come july 11.

besides, wasnt ufc 100 gonna be on july 4th? what happened to that?

Quote Originally Posted by Caine2878 View Post
    Do not expect Mayweathers first fight back to be a superfight. It will be nothing more than a tuneup fight. I would guess it would be against someone like a Luis Callazo or a Carlos Quintana, a respectable but very beatable opponant. Then look for a superfight in the fall against a Pacman, JMM, or Mosely.
    I was reading the frontrunner is JMM, then the winner of Pacquiao-Hatton most likely. But I would love to see him with Paul Williams, Cotto, or Mosley.

Quote Originally Posted by carbondioxide830 View Post
    the only interest i have in seeing floyd fight is against de la hoya. oscar schooled him the first time i thought. i'd love a rematch. im not the biggest boxing fan in the world but i kno enough to kno mayweather may give ufc some problems come july 11.

besides, wasnt ufc 100 gonna be on july 4th? what happened to that?
    come on bro, Oscar looked like a fool against Mayweather, he was gassed by the eigth RD. He was getting countered all night in the middle of the ring. The fight looked closer then it was because Oscar was punching himself out whenever he pushed Mayweather to the ropes, but Floyd has the best defense in the game.

Thread Information