Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Georges St. Pierre: I'll Help Kenny Florian Whip B.J. Penn

Quote Originally Posted by fishy View Post
    Agreed

I'm happy gsp is finally doing some creative trashtalking LOL

personally, i think sarcastic trash talking is the best....

Default GSP sporting affliction in new issue of Black Belt Magazine

I am unable to post new topics-so here it is:
    Did anyone else spot GSP in the new issue of Black Belt Magazine sporting the afflication gi? I knew he was with affliction before they started promoting their own MMA-so I am figuring this is how he can advertise affliction with showing up at UFC events without affliction clothing. Dana white must be pretty pissed off at this.

Quote Originally Posted by daesan View Post
    I am unable to post new topics-so here it is:
    Did anyone else spot GSP in the new issue of Black Belt Magazine sporting the afflication gi? I knew he was with affliction before they started promoting their own MMA-so I am figuring this is how he can advertise affliction with showing up at UFC events without affliction clothing. Dana white must be pretty pissed off at this.
    I think as long as he doesn't show up in the Octagon sporting the Affliction wear, I think it's fine. You can't tell someone to not wear something outside of the octagon, or at home, or whatever the case may be.

But if we see GSP out there promoting the UFC in his Affliction tees, that can be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by U shut ur FACE View Post
    That is truely hilarious, i'm glad that GSP isint letting this get to him... As far as Florian goes, i'm really happy that GSP is looking at this as an opportunity to get back at BJ Penn because it will make his training with Floridan that much more intense... Hopefully Florian wins he has looked great in his last couple of fights.
    Yeah. Awesome sig by the way.
    Fedor Emelianenko is the Greatest P4P MMA fighter to ever walk the earth, hands down.

It's good that GSP is going to help Florian "whip BJ's Ass" but at teh end of the day he can help him implement the same gameplan he used but does that guarentee Florian teh same results as GSP? I think not

Florian does not have standup as good as GSP, Florian is not as Strong as GSP, Florian's Takedowns are not as good as GSP's....

Everyone knows GSP is a beast and strong as hell...Florian I feel will get his takedowns stuffed by BJ and I see BJ Finishing him a la Diego Sanchez (Tuf Finale)

BJ will be back and BJ will be back in shape....Anyone notice the difference in his physique when hes fighting at LW to WW....HUGE DIFFERENCE.... I feel BJ is at his best as a lightweight because he has no choice but to cut the weight and when he cuts the weight he comes in in good shape

BJ by TKO r2 Strikes
    HW: Kongo, Gonzaga, Yvel, Nogueira
    LHW: Jackson, Randleman, Vera, Lawal
    MW: Palhares, Meyhem, Grove, Hendo, Bisping
    WW:Koscheck, Diaz, Woodley, Semtex
    LW:Penn, Krazy Horse, Diaz, Cerrone, Pettis

I really hope that Florian is the next person to shut Bj up. Im not so sure if Florian will win but I think he will put up a good fight. If Florian can go in there in make it past the 3rd round he will win this fight. This is where Bj being the champ actually hurts him. Bj is much better in 3 round fights then 5 rounders.

I hope GSP doesn't start worrying about a Hollywood career now... We know how that goes...

Hahahah, GSP you had me going with the "i did cheat" part. I was very impressed with his little "slam" on BJ's mentality after all the crap that was said about him by BJ. I wonder if someone will kiss BJ again on his entrance to the Kenny fight. Oh that would be so funny if Kenny mentionned that kiss in the pre-fight interviews or something. Go Kenny, hopefully he can beat down Penn in the first round where BJ is supposed to be so good.
    FW-Hominick, Weichel
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

Quote Originally Posted by themmabooker View Post
    I think as long as he doesn't show up in the Octagon sporting the Affliction wear, I think it's fine. You can't tell someone to not wear something outside of the octagon, or at home, or whatever the case may be.

But if we see GSP out there promoting the UFC in his Affliction tees, that can be a problem.
    Yes dummy, they can require him not to promote or be filmed wearing anything they want based on contract.

Quote Originally Posted by thumper View Post
    Yes dummy, they can require him not to promote or be filmed wearing anything they want based on contract.
    Okay, and im sure it's in the contract about media based, but I was meaning out and about, not doing media appearances, just doing his thing.
    Last edited by themmabooker; 03-23-2009 at 02:57 AM.

Thread Information