Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: KJ Noons drops decision in boxing

Quote Originally Posted by JadedX View Post
    That was the point. Also, Didn't think anybody would get it, with the exception of you, of course. And yes, it is the WWE, actually, lol.

Not everybody read the article, only the thread title. That's quite clear. Which is fair, seeing a few hate KJ with a passion. Understandable.
    lol, I understood what you meant. Some are just happy he lost, even if it was just boxing. He kinda does get on my nerves when he laughs, he looks like Tom Cruise with fucked up teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by JadedX View Post
    Did anybody actually read the article, or just the thread title? Lol, this loss snaps a 4 fight win streak. His last boxing match was in november 2008, in which he won. Apart from that, I get the whole love/hate relationship between a few fans and KJ. I get it.

Can't win them all. Nobody can. Real sports isn't scripted. This isn't WWF. That's the truth. And that's real life.
    A 4-fight win streak doesn't mean much when you're 8-1 in boxing. It's not like MMA where every fight has serious potential for upset with those 4oz gloves. Guys tend to beat up other guys relatively handily early on if they're actually going to go somewhere.

KJ just went from 8-1 to 8-2, so he's well on his way to being a completely average boxer.

Not sure what your little 'real life' rant is about though. People generally were expecting KJ to lose. Truth is he's just not that great a boxer.

Shame he's learning the hard way.

*Edited out the last part, given I've been getting myself into trouble here lately.
    Last edited by Moriason; 03-22-2009 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by big_juge View Post
    lol, I understood what you meant. Some are just happy he lost, even if it was just boxing. He kinda does get on my nerves when he laughs, he looks like Tom Cruise with fucked up teeth.
    I knew you would, and for some reason, I knew only you would. I chuckled at the Tom Cruise bit. So true, lol.

I understand a few are happy he loss a boxing match, I really do. I also get the hate for KJ by the few, I actually do get it. But that's the thing, the few replies are based off the thread title and not the article. When someone says he failed at boxing, it makes no sense. Read the article, it says otherwise. He was 8-1 prior to this loss, not 1-8. He's fared quite well in boxing from my view. But I get it. I understand. I'm the same way sometimes if not a lot of times. However, my responses are never based off thread titles. I won't say he sucks at boxing, especially seeing he was on a 4 fight win streak, not losing streak, prior to this loss. I won't say there's a difference between striking in MMA and boxing, even if that is true, but he had a 8-1 boxing record, so how is that logical in claiming that? That said, I get it. I understand.

Yes, KJ isn't a great boxer. Afterall, he's only had 10 boxing matches, not 20, 30, or 40. If the first 10 fights defines a fighters career as being great or poor, then I have no clue to what I'm talking about. I just think that doesn't work, or far from anything logical. But that's just me. I do get where Moriason is coming from, though. Cool username, btw.
    Last edited by JadedX; 03-22-2009 at 06:05 PM. Reason: Not fun typing from a G1...
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Lauzon View Post
    "Guillard is like, 'Oh, Joe didn't beat me. I beat myself.'" "No, I smacked you in the face with my fist, and you went down and I choked you. I'm pretty sure i'm taking credit for that."
    Quote Originally Posted by King Mo View Post
    "It's funny how some fans wanna be PC and shit, but then some of these same muthafuckaz wanna pay to see some organized violence. LOL! Or they boo if a fight ain't violent enough. LOL!"

I feel somewhat sorry for KJ in that he was the champion and was making 3 times less money than Nick but on the other hand he had a signed contract which he should have honored. I also think it was complete and utter BS what bill goldberg and elitex/c did to him in the ring with the Diaz brothers, give him a chance to enjoy his victory before his parade gets rained on but that's they type of dou** bags bill goldberg and the shaws are.

Gsp's blood will taste even better.

Good!
    (And now I've fulfilled my quota of talking about kj noons for at least a year.)

Quote Originally Posted by Moriason View Post
    People generally were expecting KJ to lose. Truth is he's just not that great a boxer.
    He's not that great a anything.

I'll take the loss...was hoping for the KO tho.

Quote Originally Posted by homegrowncone View Post
    Dude, no offense but I read your post twice and I still have absolutely no clue what your point was. Or if you even had one.

And yes, I "actually read the article", is there going to be a quiz?

Will are you alright man? Can I get you a glass of water or something?

No offence to you also, but if you read his post twice and still did not understand his point, then maybe you should read it another 2 or 3 times
    because there was an obvious point there, and i got it first go.

and yes i am awaiting my mickey mouse badge, or at least a sticker.

I usually dont bad mouth fighters but i agree with stpierrecanada. He ducked Nick D. even after his whole family got flipped off by the diaz boys. Theres no chance in hell I'd let that slide. I hope he does come back to MMA so nick can get his rematch!!

But about him losing ....hey it happens, cant win em all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahura View Post
    No offence to you also, but if you read his post twice and still did not understand his point, then maybe you should read it another 2 or 3 times
    because there was an obvious point there, and i got it first go.

and yes i am awaiting my mickey mouse badge, or at least a sticker.
    I now stand corrected. juge and yourself are the only two to get the point. Legends.

I honestly think he did get the point, because he doesn't come off as that stupid to me. He is quite the intelligent poster, at times. I just think he was trying to be cute, so thats why I didn't respond to him. I'm NOT that easy...

If he doesn't gives you a mickey mouse badge or a sticker, then I will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Lauzon View Post
    "Guillard is like, 'Oh, Joe didn't beat me. I beat myself.'" "No, I smacked you in the face with my fist, and you went down and I choked you. I'm pretty sure i'm taking credit for that."
    Quote Originally Posted by King Mo View Post
    "It's funny how some fans wanna be PC and shit, but then some of these same muthafuckaz wanna pay to see some organized violence. LOL! Or they boo if a fight ain't violent enough. LOL!"

Thread Information