+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Josh Neer vs Kurt Pelligrino shifted to UFC 101

1. Default Josh Neer vs Kurt Pelligrino shifted to UFC 101

Josh Neer vs. Kurt Pellegrino shifted to UFC 101 | MMAjunkie.com

A previously reported lightweight bout between Josh Neer (25-7-1 MMA, 4-4 UFC) and Kurt Pellegrino (13-4 MMA, 5-3 UFC) tentatively scheduled for August's UFC Fight Night 19 event has instead been shifted to UFC 101.

A source close to Neer told MMAjunkie.com (UFC blog for UFC news, UFC rumors, fighter interviews and event previews/recaps | MMAjunkie.com) the fighter has been contacted about the change, but as of Monday morning, bout agreements have not been signed.

UFC 101 is expected to take place Aug. 8 – possibly in Philadelphia.

(Additionally, a UFC 102 event is expected to take place Aug. 29 in Portland, Ore.)

Neer and Pellegrino are both coming off victories at February's UFC Fight Night 17 event.

Neer, fighting on the Spike TV-televised main card, defeated "The Ultimate Fighter 6" winner Mac Danzig via second-round triangle choke and earned a $30,000 Fight of the Night bonus. It was Neer's fourth win in his past five fights, two of which have come in the UFC.

Pellegrino will go for his fourth win in five fights when he meets Neer. Pellegrino most recently defeated Rob Emerson via second-round rear-naked choke at UFC Fight Night 17. It was his ninth submission victory in 13 career victories and his third win in his past four fights.

For the latest on UFC 101 (and UFC Fight Night 19 and UFC 102), check out the UFC Rumors section of MMAjunkie.com.
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

This is a good match up... I want to call Pelligrino but something tells me Neer's going to avoid submissions and out strike him... Will be a good one to watch though.

Defintely a great fight. My gut has me picking Pellegrino via 3rd round Sub, but I really can see the fight going either way.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information