+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lorenzo:BJ-KenFlo at UFC 101 in Philadelphia; Couture-Nogueira at UFC 102 in Portland

Quote Originally Posted by UFC Fann View Post
    I really wish they would have a tournament type thing at least once a year or so because it would be really badass to see competition like that. I hope they someday create a safe system for fighters that want to join the tourney. As for women mma...im straight off that no matter how hot carano is. That should be left in the hands of Strikeforce.
    If they tried doing tournaments it would be a lot harder to even get MMA sanctioned in the remaining states. That's precisely what they used for an argument against the UFC in the early days.

I like Vale Tudo, but the days of that type of fights are long gone. (yes I know that vale tudo doesn't mean bracket fights, it means 'anything goes' but my point is that the fight events in the early days are long gone)

It's nice to get an update from Lorenzo..AND he didn't even have to drop the F-Bomb or berate anyone.

Lorenzo comes across as a guy with tact, and professionalism. Unlike Dana. I wish he would do the talking for the org, they'd have a lot more respect, and things like the networks not wanting anything to do with the UFC wouldn't be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Killinginthenameof View Post
    silva's kinda a step down for griffin....no offense to silva, just that griffin had the belt, didn't defend it and now he's fighting a lower tier guy.
    Your crazy man, Griffin is truly overrated, he beat Rampage by decision, beat a declining talent in Rua, and beat Bonnar twice, big deal!! I can see Silva knocking Griffin out in the first round! Griffin aint no Machida and will never hold the belt again.
    This is the fight Thiago needs to get noticed, if knocking out Sandman Irvin and Houston Alexander wasnt enough! Thiago Silva looked bad in the Machida fight but in two months Machida will have the belt and will hold it forever!!!
    The real question is, who can match up with Machida after he makes the tough Rashad Evans look like shit?

Cool.

I hope that when Lorenzo says there is something planned that will blow everyone's mind, that it actually holds some signifigance, unlike when Dana says such things lol

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

well, keep in mind. Dana's idea of something so big it will change the sport, was getting a fucking advertisement contract from Budweiser. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Koscheck4Champ View Post
    This is the fight Thiago needs to get noticed, if knocking out Sandman Irvin and Houston Alexander wasnt enough!
    ..neither are enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    You're off on a lot of points in your post but for one, Silva didn't KO Irvin, Irvin blewout his knee.
    Sorry, your right.............I was off on ONE point!! It wasnt a KO over Sandman, its was awarded as a TKO. But......Rua is still a declining talent, Griffin is still overrated and Machida will be one of the best ever!
    Last edited by Koscheck4Champ; 03-23-2009 at 11:52 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information