+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Matt Hughes Still the Greatest - For Now

Greatest what, Christian?

J/k, I agree 100% that Matt is "as of right now" the Greatest of all time (to date).

I do think he will lose this title to Anderson Silva (if he doesn't retire) and GSP (if he doesn't lose to Serra again) and Fedor (obviously).

I know they say that he doesn't fight enough, but, as long as he does fight and does NOT lose, how can you deny him?

Also, as far as Fedor is concerned, he seems to be better than ever? He isn't slowing down at all, doesn't look like he ages either, dude is a rock. Everytime I watch Fedor, I'm thinking that the guy he is fighting should be careful not to go to the ground (Fedor's ground game is just plain sick, scariest out there), but, then they get KO'ed. How do you beat someone like that? I'm begging Anderson Silva will show me, since his camp or certain members seems to think he would KO Fedor.

Anyway, respect to MATT!
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

Quote Originally Posted by jcor105 View Post
    What about FranK Shamrock???? 5-0, maybe deserves a mention. Just a thought
    Frank shamrock belongs in the list MILES before Randy Couture does. In fact, I still think Randy is the worst champion the UFC has ever seen.

But you're definitely right about Frank. However, he defended 4 times, the first was the win he got in 16 seconds against kevin jackson at the utlimate japan

man o man
    talk about blind. the greatest champion means only the title defences, not who he fought on the way there?
    GSP beat
    Bj Penn
    Jon Fitch
    matt serra
    matt hughes
    josh koscheck
    sean sherk
    frank trigg
    karo parisyan

i dont know but I am pretty sure that is the entire 170 division save Alves, and condit who are in the ufc
    as where Silvia has not fought
    yushin okami
    chael sonnen
    demian maia
    also most of the top rated fighters at 185 are not in the ufc,
    Robbie lawler
    Gegrd Mousasi
    vitor belfort
    frank shamrock
    I think its insane to try and compare these two I mean if you only count wins then Rashad Evans should be the best ever because he has yet to lose.

all that being said I hope in my life time I will get to see hughes vs silvia washed up or not and GSP vs Silvia ( my guess is that will be silvias retirment fight.)

GSP with grease that is

Quote Originally Posted by thumper View Post
    I think it's gong to be incredibly hard to break Matt's and Tito's records. the amount of elite level competition is 10 times higher than it was 10 years ago. It will be a much bigger achievement to defend a title that many times. especially consecutively.
    Really ? you think they where better fighters back then , I disagree fighters now are more well rounded , not just take you down and ground and pound , like Tito and Hughes . But that is just one mans opinion

Quote Originally Posted by buzzkill View Post
    GSP with grease that is
    I dont know why there is this grease gate still being talked about , GSP DID NOT CHEAT GET OVER IT

Quote Originally Posted by thumper View Post
    Frank shamrock belongs in the list MILES before Randy Couture does. In fact, I still think Randy is the worst champion the UFC has ever seen.

But you're definitely right about Frank. However, he defended 4 times, the first was the win he got in 16 seconds against kevin jackson at the utlimate japan
    and it could have been more if he didn't retire....dam!

I might be wrong on this, but I thought that Rich Franklin also had a very long streak of wins and title defenses before Anderson invaded the UFC. His records is still very impressive despite a few losses. Shouldn't he be at least honorably mentioned?

Quote Originally Posted by marekny144 View Post
    I might be wrong on this, but I thought that Rich Franklin also had a very long streak of wins and title defenses before Anderson invaded the UFC. His records is still very impressive despite a few losses. Shouldn't he be at least honorably mentioned?
    Franklin had a long streak to the title, defeated tanner for the belt, defended successfully against quarry (who didnt deserve the title shot) and successfully against David Louisau, then lost to Anderson. So 2 successfully isnt good enough for honorable mention IMO. But getting back to the most dominant, i think Tito had the weakest defenses compared to Matts. He beat Kondo, Tanner, Vladimor, ELVIS SINOSIC and Kenny. No where near Matts list. This time next year i can see GSP or Anderson being call the most dominant but who knows thats why they fight the fights

I think by the time it's all said and done, unless Anderson retires prior, he can more than surpass Hughes' title defense streak, against thoroughly steeper competition.

GSP is also very capable of passing Hughes by defending the WW title more times, but I worry he might have his eyes set on an Anderson "superfight" down the road, which does not look good for my boy Rush.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information