Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brown vs Faber II set for June 7th at WEC 41 NOT on PPV

1. Default Brown vs Faber II set for June 7th at WEC 41 NOT on PPV

Report: Mike Brown vs. Urijah Faber set for June 7 at WEC 41 | MMAjunkie.com

A much discussed rematch between current WEC featherweight champion Mike Brown (17-4 MMA, 3-0 WEC) and the man from whom he took the belt, Urijah Faber (22-2 MMA, 7-1 WEC), has been signed according to a report from FiveOuncesOfPain.com.

The signing has since been confirmed by MMAjunkie.com (UFC blog for UFC news, UFC rumors, fighter interviews and event previews/recaps | MMAjunkie.com).

According to the report, the bout will headline the as-yet-unannounced WEC 41 event on June 7 at the Arco Arena in Sacramento, Calif.

Brown defied conventional logic in the pair's November 2008 title bout, earning a first-round TKO victory over then-champion Faber. The American Top Team product has since defended the belt in a submission win over Leonard Garcia in the main event of March's WEC 39. The win marked the ninth-straight victory for the 33-year-old.

Faber had carried the WEC's featherweight belt since January 2007. "The California Kid" defended the belt successfully four times before suffering the TKO loss to Brown, a defeat that snapped a 13-fight win streak for the 29-year-old.

Faber rebounded from the loss to Brown with a 94-second submission win over Jens Pulver at "WEC 38: Varner vs. Cerrone" in January.

FiveOuncesOfPain.com is also reporting that despite previous comments by UFC President Dana White, WEC 41 is scheduled to air live on VERSUS.
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

Thank god...and War Brown!
    3-4 in sig bets. FUCK me.

denice25 Guest

Brown's revenge??

I'm always glad to see I don't have to pay to see an amazing fight but I do wish they would induct the feather weight division into the UFC..

I hope Faber comes out with a great victory and stays focus for this fight. If Brown has his number then I give him props cuz he seems to be a great fighter and nice guy in interviews.

I like Faber, but I'd like to see Brown defend his belt in a battle. Some people think Brown won after Faber tried to be fancy, but personally I dont think Brown in a joke. A second win will prove to the naysayers that Brown in legitimate. Again, I have no problem with Faber. Maybe a second loss to Brown would lead Faber to the UFC LW division?

Finally some real news. Thanks, Sakara. Shit.

I look forward to this event, but still somewhat boggles my mind why it'll be on PPV. Hope it does well, though. That said, WAR FABER! Automatic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Lauzon View Post
    "Guillard is like, 'Oh, Joe didn't beat me. I beat myself.'" "No, I smacked you in the face with my fist, and you went down and I choked you. I'm pretty sure i'm taking credit for that."
    Quote Originally Posted by King Mo View Post
    "It's funny how some fans wanna be PC and shit, but then some of these same muthafuckaz wanna pay to see some organized violence. LOL! Or they boo if a fight ain't violent enough. LOL!"

As much as I like Faber I see Mike Brown putting him down again

i was kinda lookin forward to a wec ppv w/ faber/brown II and maybe torres and varner defending their respective titles.

Thank god. Can't wait to see how this card finally shapes up.

Thread Information