Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Josh Barnett Claims He has Heard Nothing From Affliction

Default Josh Barnett Claims He has Heard Nothing From Affliction

| www.cagepotato.com

"I've heard nothing, I know nothing, I see nothing. What it comes down to is that I don't have a bout agreement to fight anybody in particular. This is coming up on my third fight for Affliction, with the logical idea that it would lead up to [a fight with Emelianenko]. But as it sits, I'm sitting on my last fight and I'm just waiting for an opponent to show themselves. Whoever is available, I'll take them, but I know the fans are really hot to see me fight Fedor. It just hasn't been put together."

I just want to know why they aren't pullling the trigger and making the Fedor vs. Barnett fight happen for Affliction 3. You have all the rumors going around about the Affliction 3 card with both Fedor and Barnett fighting on the card but not fighting each other. IMO Affliction needs this fight for their next card, PPV or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Dude View Post
    I just want to know why they aren't pullling the trigger and making the Fedor vs. Barnett fight happen for Affliction 3. You have all the rumors going around about the Affliction 3 card with both Fedor and Barnett fighting on the card but not fighting each other. IMO Affliction needs this fight for their next card, PPV or not.
    Quite frankly, if they don't make an announcement by the end of April, there's obviously something wrong. It's a bit early in my opinion to announce anything, especially an event. Like Tom said, he hasn't even began working on the event, and is still learning, from what he was quoted as saying.

He even said the event could be in August as well, so hopefully we hear something, and the rumors are crazy when it comes to Affliction. I don't know what is right and wrong.

That's fucking stupid. it means nothing if they don't announce something by april. Even if they did put on an event in August they can put it together 75 days before the event and have MORE than enough. Not to mention there is NO firm date on ANY event from Affliction.

Christ, get a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by thumper View Post
    That's fucking stupid. it means nothing if they don't announce something by april.

Christ, get a clue.
    If we don't hear from them by April, that'd be, what? 3 months after their last event? It would be very unusual at the least..

The reason I said if they don't announce anything by April is because, they plan on doing their event sometime in July they were hoping? That'd be 3 months before the show, fighters need to start training, they need to be getting ready for the event, shit like that. My posts involve thinking, if you lack that, you won't get a word im saying.
    event in August they can put it together 75 days before the event and have MORE than enough. Not to mention there is NO firm date on ANY event from Affliction.
    Now your getting very specific.. Not to mention there is not a firm date, but they are HOPING to do the event in July, my post i just posted just now was based on that.

uhh.. They haven't announced an event yet. so it's very stupid to assume that.

Quote Originally Posted by thumper View Post
    uhh.. They haven't announced an event yet. so it's very stupid to assume that.
    Have you not been reading the news articles?

Several times, it has been reported that Affliction is looking to hold their event in July...

^The UFC is looking to hold an event in Western Canada, doesn't mean you should pack your bags and buy a ticket

Quote Originally Posted by neonatural45 View Post
    ^The UFC is looking to hold an event in Western Canada, doesn't mean you should pack your bags and buy a ticket
    Alright so I based my post a few replies above on if Affliction was having an event in July. Again, read it, you need to think about it, and then you will get what i said. Not too hard.

Quote Originally Posted by themmabooker View Post
    Have you not been reading the news articles?

Several times, it has been reported that Affliction is looking to hold their event in July...
    You mean the contradictory news articles? The one's being based of "we may" and "are considering" ? This is certainly not the type of information any rational person would require for a hypothesis.

With Regards to Josh fighting Fedor, I hate to say it, but it just might not happen.

This is a situation where you are asking two very good friends to fight each other, yes they are not in the same camp as say Keith Jardine and Rashad Evans, but in terms of the relationship they have? F*ck I'm sure Rashad and Keith for the right price if it came to that, and somehow Rashad was still holding the title and Keith was a contender, but the "right price" precedent under the UFC is no where NEAR the right price you would have to pay both Fedor and Barnett to fight.

These are guys who have been getting (I'm not gonna look up the states) upwards of $350K for Barnett and upwards of a mill for Fedor with bonus's.

And now you are looking at a situation where obviously Josh would want more to fight Fedor, and hell, givin their friendship, Fedor himself might ask for a bigger cut, his signing bonus was only what $1.5 mill?

Can Affliction really afford to put on a show like that and hope to continue promoting MMA events?

I think they're best be at this point is to have Barnett fight Arlovski, have Vitor fight Babalu (since Vitor wants to move up anyway, and Babalu apparently has no interest in fighting Calvancante) and have Fedor fight Tito.

People will see "ohhhh but Tito is going to be asking for a ridiculous amount of money anyway so it makes no difference" but fuck Tito, if he wants to fight, here we'll give you the best opponent in the world and a decent payday, let's see what you've got.

p.s sooooooooooooooo drunk right now so feel free to rip me apart

Thread Information