Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Josh Barnett Claims He has Heard Nothing From Affliction

It all comes from Inside MMA that aired friday. I saw it when it aired. I mentioned Barnett's statements in a post somewhere. I still think he's going to be the fight. But the two statements were completely unrelated. There was no connection to barnet and huerta's statements. BUT.... there was a question about the management of the UFC to Huerta trying to spark him to speak his mind which he didn't bite on. although i think it was pretty clear what he felt.

As far as Barnett's statement, it sure looked to me like he was inviting the fight. he clearly stated twice he had no problem fighting fedor.

Josh will beat whoever they put i front of him period.
    Be true to the game... and the game will be true to you!!!

Josh Bartnett just seen two big ex UFC champs go down before the Round 2. I think Josh Bartnett is avoiding the call from Affliction. Either you want to be champion or do you just want to be the second best HW outside UFC.
    Fav fighter: A. Silva, BJ Penn, Dos Santos, Rampage, Bones Jones, Mir and Bendo

Quote Originally Posted by themmabooker View Post
    Quite frankly, if they don't make an announcement by the end of April, there's obviously something wrong. It's a bit early in my opinion to announce anything, especially an event. Like Tom said, he hasn't even began working on the event, and is still learning, from what he was quoted as saying.

He even said the event could be in August as well, so hopefully we hear something, and the rumors are crazy when it comes to Affliction. I don't know what is right and wrong.
    Your post is based from the statements made by that Affliction COO, and Tom Atencio. Not that hard to comprehend. And in my opinion, I see nothing wrong with basing an opinion from what Affliction management been putting out, regardless if theres any truth or lack thereof behind any of them.

I, before any UFC and/or Affliction fanboy, said all of those "head-to-head" articles was a complete sham to begin with. It was put out to get reactions and asinine debates. It's worked to an extent, which is good actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Lauzon View Post
    "Guillard is like, 'Oh, Joe didn't beat me. I beat myself.'" "No, I smacked you in the face with my fist, and you went down and I choked you. I'm pretty sure i'm taking credit for that."
    Quote Originally Posted by King Mo View Post
    "It's funny how some fans wanna be PC and shit, but then some of these same muthafuckaz wanna pay to see some organized violence. LOL! Or they boo if a fight ain't violent enough. LOL!"

After Fedor fights Bartnett and wins what is next for Fedor. THere is no more formidable opponents for him. Overeem would be a good fight to see but he won't beat Fedor. Fedor will have to leave Affliction soon if they don't find more challengers. I hope Affliction creates a Wamma MW belt and have a tournament.
    Fav fighter: A. Silva, BJ Penn, Dos Santos, Rampage, Bones Jones, Mir and Bendo

Quote Originally Posted by Tapout 07 View Post
    Josh Bartnett just seen two big ex UFC champs go down before the Round 2. I think Josh Bartnett is avoiding the call from Affliction. Either you want to be champion or do you just want to be the second best HW outside UFC.

Thats the deal!

But I wonder if that makes him second best anything?! Sylvia and AA stepped up!
    Barnett keeps putting it off, apparently as long as possible.
    Probably hoping it never happens.

Which of those is the more respectable path?!
    Last edited by Robthom; 03-30-2009 at 07:30 PM.

You know damn well that boy cant beat Fedor. I like Tito so much I dont even want to see him get embarrased like that.

Quote Originally Posted by homegrowncone View Post
    I think they're best be at this point is to have Barnett fight Arlovski, have Vitor fight Babalu (since Vitor wants to move up anyway, and Babalu apparently has no interest in fighting Calvancante) and have Fedor fight Tito.

People will see "ohhhh but Tito is going to be asking for a ridiculous amount of money anyway so it makes no difference" but fuck Tito, if he wants to fight, here we'll give you the best opponent in the world and a decent payday, let's see what you've got.

p.s sooooooooooooooo drunk right now so feel free to rip me apart

For the record, I don't know how anyone can know for sure who can beat who. Rampage lost to Forrest and Anderson Silva lost to Chonan.

Sure, Fedor looks unstoppable, but some would say his streak will end one day. Against who may not even matter. It could be Barnett, Mir, or dare I say Brock? With Fedor's drive and dedication it isn't likely.

Seriously, though, Atencio has to be careful with Affliction because they are just starting out. I still think the comments by Fedor and especially Barnett have to give the promotion second thoughts about matching them up. Can they give it their all if they truly are such great friends?

Do they actually hang out? Does anyone even know?

Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    You know damn well that boy cant beat Fedor. I like Tito so much I dont even want to see him get embarrased like that.
    I'm impartial to an extent, but I'm not opposed to seeing Tito get his asked kicked.

I was just trying to propose a fight card that would draw optimal buys.

Quote Originally Posted by thumper View Post
    There was no connection to barnet and huerta's statements. BUT.... there was a question about the management of the UFC to Huerta trying to spark him to speak his mind which he didn't bite on.
    Yeah, I fucked up and hadn't realized there were two seperate threads. Crazy busy this morning.

rh

Thread Information