Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Roger Huerta Waiting for Joe Silva for his last fight

Default Roger Huerta Waiting for Joe Silva for his last fight

| www.cagepotato.com

"To be honest I'm just waiting... for the UFC to give me a phone call and I'm able to fight my last fight. I'm just kind of waiting on that." After declining to renew his UFC contract in January in order to pursue a career in acting and modeling, Huerta turned down a fight against Joe Stevenson at UFC 95 in February and hasn't exactly been on the UFC's speed-dial since then. Huerta has one fight remaining on his current contract, which runs through December.

That's too bad...I didn't even know that he was offered a fight with Stevenson, that would have been a good fight and one that Joe could win easily. I am rather disappinted with Huerta right now and don't really know if I care to see him fight again after all this, i'm going to make movies and then come back. I am thinking that the sport is going to pass him by in a bad way if he completely bails on training.
    FW-Hominick
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

HOSS-Bork, you should spend more time brushing up on your MMA history, and less time complementing guys on how young their penises taste.

Sucks that hes not sticking with mma. i dont know why he just didn't fight joe stevenson. I would of loved to see that fight. In my eyes if your in the UFC and you back down from a fight you shouldn't be their anyways

Quote Originally Posted by cnlclink View Post
    That's too bad...I didn't even know that he was offered a fight with Stevenson, that would have been a good fight and one that Joe could win easily. I am rather disappinted with Huerta right now and don't really know if I care to see him fight again after all this, i'm going to make movies and then come back. I am thinking that the sport is going to pass him by in a bad way if he completely bails on training.
    and how was Joe gonna win that fight "Easily" as you put it.
    with his size and reach advantage, superhuman strength? The jab from hell. followed by the ineffective left hook from never never land?
    get real man.
    he's got a better chance of winning dancing with the stars with his bounce bounce jab jab routine.
    Amir Sadollah would like to thank: “TapouT, Sprawl, Suckerpunch Entertainment, and the inventor of the thong.”

I think in a few years he will regret this. He was getting great paydays with the UFC, and was becoming a very big name in the UFC. I guarantee you we will see him back in 2010.

For those that didnt read the post when he first said he was going to leave. He said he wants to come back to the UFC when hes older, to extend his career. Which is a good move, if he wants to act/model, the younger the better, I dont think he will ever be a huge star, but he could be a good secondary character, and as for modeling, yes and no. The tattoo is a big problem.

As for coming back, he said Randy and Chuck were both close to the 30's and up when they were huge, so he feels he can too.

With the UFC not calling him, no shit, chances are their gonna give him Grey, or a younger guy to make a move and beat him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Fight Club View Post
    well now I've seen War Machine's dick. fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Ill go against the grain.
    Werdum via triangle
    Someone needs to cheer for those poor souls.

Fucking "actor/model/dancer/singer" wankers. If a girl is ever stupid enough to fall pregnant to me and later my child comes home and says that they want to be any of the above I will lose my shit.

Quote Originally Posted by slikguy View Post
    and how was Joe gonna win that fight "Easily" as you put it.
    with his size and reach advantage, superhuman strength? The jab from hell. followed by the ineffective left hook from never never land?
    get real man.
    he's got a better chance of winning dancing with the stars with his bounce bounce jab jab routine.
    Maybe the guy who said that had seen one of Roger's fights where he was smothered by fighters who are nowhere near as good on the ground as Joe? Joe may not have great standup, but it's still better than Huerta's non stop power shots with no defence

Yeah he will get a call from Silva to fight some no name on a un-aired prelim.

Yea, the lightweight class will be fine without the guy. Although his fight against Leonard Garcia was still one of the best MMA fights I've seen.

Thread Information