Thread: Sylvia vs. Mercer boxing match moved to Alabama

Default Sylvia vs. Mercer boxing match moved to Alabama

Sylvia vs. Mercer boxing match moved to Alabama | Five Ounces of Pain

Monte Cox is a persistent man if nothing else. After the New Jersey State Athletic Control Board refused to sanction the proposed boxing match between 47 year old former heavyweight champion Ray Mercer and former UFC heavyweight champion Tim Sylvia, Cox has found the fight a home.

Sherdog.com is reporting that the Adrenaline III card which will feature both MMA and boxing bouts has been moved to Birmingham, Alabama and will take place June 13th. Apparently there is no athletic commission in Alabama and the fight will go on as planned.

Mercer, will turn 48 sometime in May, is a former Olympic gold medalist who is known in MMA circles for being choked out by Kimbo Slice in an exhibition MMA match.

Sylvia has been busy making hunting videos since being thoroughly dominated in 36 seconds by WAMMA heavyweight champion Fedor Emelianenko last July at Affliction’s first pay-per-view “Banned”.

Im not really interested in this at all. I know Sylvia wants to keep busy, but as long as he doesn't go into this venture full time, Im fine with that.

wow looks like sylvia will finally win a fight after a long time.. he will jab jab, hug... hug some more, jab and hug..
    fuck that shit. I hope Mercer kicks his fucking ass all over the place!
    -SIGNATURE REMOVED FOR EXCEEDING SIZE LIMIT-

Note to Willpunisher: You have lost signature privileges until November 1, 2010. You may remove this message, but may not add anything to your signature until November 1.

Note to Asshole Mods: Stop being assholes and teasing me. If you going to ban me because you guys are fucking dicks than just do it already. Fucking bitches.

Didn't Alabama just ok that arm/legless torso guy to fight in MMA? HAHAHA Alabama rules, they just don't give a fuck there!! Next card, back alley drunken hillbilly midget stickfighting!

WAR BAMA!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

This is a move right out of the SEG era UFC playbook. They were supposed to have UFC 12 in New York but when it was denied sanctioning rights, at the last minute they moved the show to Dothan, Georgia.

Sylva is pathetic, fighting a man who is almost a senior citizen.
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

Meh.

Why in Alabama?...
    Music is my LIFE!!!

Thread Information