Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Palhares vs. Sakara, UFC 99

Default Palhares vs. Sakara, UFC 99

The card continues to grow for UFC 99 in Germany, as Rousimar "Toquinho" Palhares will return for a middleweight match-up against American Top Team fighter Alessio Sakara. The bout was confirmed to MMAWeekly.com on Monday by sources close to the fight.

Palhares, who currently holds a 2-1 record in the Octagon, comes into UFC 99 after a three-round domination of veteran fighter Jeremy Horn in Ireland in January.

With his only loss coming by way of decision to former Pride champion Dan Henderson, Palhares is seen as a tough competitor for anybody in the UFC. He adds another dangerous jiu-jitsu element to the expanding middleweight division.

Sakara was originally set to face Alan Belcher on the UFC 99 card, but his opponent instead opted for a bout at UFC 100 against incoming Japanese fighter Yoshihiro Akiyama.

Now the heavy-handed Italian will face Palhares in a pivotal match-up for his career. He stands at 4-4 in the UFC and wins are the only guarantee to make certain of a return call from the MMA juggernaught.

The bout between Sakara and Palhares will likely end up on the untelevised, undercard portion of the pay-per-view broadcast. A 195-pound catchweight fight between Rich Franklin and Wanderlei Silva headlines the UFC 99 fight card.

Damn, on the untelevised portion of the card. Roussimar put on a fuckin' show the last time out at UFC 93 that went way under the radar. He definitly won me over (in the sense that I'd pay to see the guy fight).

God I hope it makes it on air.

I don't see this going well for Sakara.
    "Waka Waka!"

Sweet, I have been waiting to see who they would match my main man Rousimar with.

Kind of wish it was a bigger name but getting another W under his belt is good by me too.

Well, Sakara is likely in big trouble.

As for whether we see this aired or not, it seems as though we get to see some of the prelims so we just might.

at least Sakara is BJJ brown belt under Big Nog...so he can at least somewhat defend off the crazy Subs from Palhares.

So basically this fight is Ground- Palhares wins, Standing- Sakara wins. No middle ground.

Poor Sakara. Dude just can't get a break, can he?
    3-4 in sig bets. FUCK me.

id like to see palhares on the main card, sure, but sakara? sorry sakara=excitement lol, but only way i wouldnt mind see him fight is maybe on a fight night. this fight is def. not enough to make me wanna spend money on the card. hell franklin/silva doesnt even do it for me. still tho, it should be a sweet card. i think im more interested in the dan hardy/marcus davis fight tbh...thats a war.

I hope Sakara wins this fight, just so he stays in the UFC. Should be a great fight either way
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

should have been kendall grove vs sakara
    .................................................. .................
    Last edited by POT-HEAD; 03-31-2009 at 03:45 AM.

Thread Information