Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Anderson Silva being protected?

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Anderson Silva is not being protected, he is the juggernaut of a very deep division and he unfortunately hasn't been challenges in over a year, because of Okami's injury and a few other things.

Consider the damage he's done and the resume he's compilled and the fact that within the MW division, fighters are vying more for the shot than anything, which makes the gap between defenses a little longer.

Maia, Nate, Hendo and Okami all are top tier MWs and will challenge Anderson, but he's just too slick. Leites I think is behind all of those four above I mentioned, but shit, he's still better than Bisping....now THAT'S a FIGHTER who's being "protected"!!!!

Akiyama is finally here and he could pose an equally scary threat if he gets past Belcher.

NOPE, Anderson isn't being protected, he's just THAT DAMN GOOD.

Is it possible that maybe Silva isnt the one being protected?

scarhead26 Guest

crazy talk. silva is a bad dude, no protection needed. i think he is a lil under motivated with his competition. we all know anything can happen in a fight, and anyone willing to step in there and fight is a dangerous opponent.

can't really say anything against him fighting lutter, since whoever won TUF 4 automatically got a crack at the champ in order to reinvent their career. hell, i remember when rich franklin came onto the show & everybody was referring to him spying on them because they thought they would be facing him.

and what can you really say about him fighting leites or cote? i'm a huge cote fan & was on a 5 fight win streak, with a few KOs & a decision victory over a good ground guy like almedia, and they needed to give him somebody to fight. same thing with leites, he's going for his 6th win in a row (granted his opponents haven't been top notch IMO minus nate), but wins are wins & you still to rack em up they eventually do add up
    Machida | Shogun | Henderson | Franklin | W. Silva| Fedor | Condit | Cote | Mousasi | Huerta | Pettis| Cro Cop | Lister | Maia | T. Griffin | Carwin | Dos Santos | F. Griffin | Irvin | Nog Brothers | Lytle | Saunders | Guida | T. Silva | Alves | Sonnen | Miller Brothers | Barboza | Stout | Aldo | Hamill| B. Henderson

Im not underestimating Leites but a lot of others here are for some reason. If the fight goes to the ground Silva might be in trouble otherwise its a wrap.

Here is a question for you to answer to see if your comment is valid.

Who are they protecting him from?

Then hop yo ass in the ring with him if hes crap lol. Don't be silly.

Quote Originally Posted by GravyMan View Post
    anderson is crap. 4 losses to cans. nuff said

So he loses to cans yet whips the shit out of the guys you deem a credible threat (multiple times). If he wants to drop down and fight at a particular weight division he has every right to do so. He has never on any occassion proclaimed himself to be p4p. The hate hes getting is unjustified. Let me guess you're sour because he whipped up on one of your fav fighters?

Quote Originally Posted by TehSilverbackJab View Post
    yeah, he can't handle the Japanese atmosphere, its why he loses to cans

I see your point. But I don't think the UFC is necessarily "protecting" him. I think it's more an issue of which fights are available, who has #1 contender spot, and marketability. Cote got the fight b/c he was riding a win streak. Irvin, a mid-tier LHW, got it because exactly that, he's mid-tier and it was Silvas debut at 205. If there were any mad fish swimming around waiting for their title shot and deserving, I would agree..but at the moment I don't think there's anyone the UFC really needs to "protect" him from.

Maybe Maia but he's got a fight or two left before he gets a shot.

Whose fault is that?

Quote Originally Posted by GravyMan View Post
    Better than me doesn't equal good. That's a no brainer. I train BJJ and some Muay Thai, but that doesn't let me go around having the UFC hype machine make me out to be the #1 P4P in the world, does it??

Thread Information