Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long does it take to get BJJ Black Belt

Default How long does it take to get BJJ Black Belt

Serious question i know it takes on avg a person who goes 2-3 times a week 10+yrs, but lets say you go 5 days a week and actually keep what the teacher teaches you down.

So how long do you think it will take after all that is said and done.

scarhead26 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by nightridaz2 View Post
    Serious question i know it takes on avg a person who goes 2-3 times a week 10+yrs, but lets say you go 5 days a week and actually keep what the teacher teaches you down.

So how long do you think it will take after all that is said and done.
    bj penn did it in three, so who knows depends on the person.

this needs to go in grappling, but it depends on the instructor, the school, and most importantly the student. 5 days a week, 5 hours a day, with a good high level instructor, depending on how you do in competition, i'd say minimum 6 years.

Quote Originally Posted by scarhead26 View Post
    bj penn did it in three, so who knows depends on the person.
    BJ Penn

Did it in three because he trained every single day, privately, with the Gracie family and competed his ass off, not to mention he is naturally gifted to a freakish extent with flexibility and strength. I doubt anyone, will every be ale to do that again for a very very long time.
    Last edited by blackfox; 04-15-2009 at 04:05 AM.

scarhead26 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by blackfox View Post
    this needs to go in grappling, but it depends on the instructor, the school, and most importantly the student. 5 days a week, 5 hours a day, with a good high level instructor, depending on how you do in competition, i'd say minimum 6 years.

BJ Penn

Did it in three because he trained every single day, privately, with the Gracie family and competed his ass off, not to mention he is naturally gifted to a freakish extent with flexibility and strength. I doubt anyone, will every be ale to do that again for a very very long time.
    yeah just stating it can be done. i know a guy who doesnt have but two training partners and none are belted, yet they are great grapplers. hands on experience and you tube.

Quote Originally Posted by scarhead26 View Post
    yeah just stating it can be done. i know a guy who doesnt have but two training partners and none are belted, yet they are great grapplers. hands on experience and you tube.

Great grapplers by who's measure? have they won any comps? placed top 5? beat anyone who is belted?

Not trying to be a dick, but your post has nothing to do with the topic. I've personally seen lost of guys who are not belted and watch youtube videos and rastle' with their buddies, but when they come into the gym against guys who are properly trained they get destroyed %100 of the time.

Great grapplers by who's measure? have they won any comps? placed top 5? beat anyone who is belted?

Not trying to be a dick, but your post has nothing to do with the topic. I've personally seen lost of guys who are not belted and watch youtube videos and rastle' with their buddies, but when they come into the gym against guys who are properly trained they get destroyed %100 of the time.
    lol correct. but i used to be one of those youtubers before i found a gym so i shouldnt talk.

Depends on the instructor and your own ability to pick BJJ up. There is no universal answer. However, there is an alternative.

MartialArtsMart.com - Belt - Black

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    Depends on the instructor and your own ability to pick BJJ up. There is no universal answer. However, there is an alternative.

MartialArtsMart.com - Belt - Black

made my day, I'd rep you but i gotta spread.

scarhead26 Guest

thier first competition was put on by roli delgados school, you know who im talkin about? the ultimate fighter that lost to junie. two of these guys had to grapple each other for first and second place. theyve came and tapped out one of my black belt instructors too. i too have seen people that say they know thier shit but these guys know thier shit. and i watched some tips from youtube that really work. its all in the person and the persons head. they are great by my measure but who am i right? they might suck but they have no training from anybody. all what they do is on thier own. some people are born to fight and others work real hard to become those people.
    Last edited by scarhead26; 04-25-2009 at 01:12 AM.

There are people that have reached black belt level in 3-4 years, which is AMAZING. Some people stay at purple belt for over 3 years, so I guess it all depends.

Thread Information