+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How long does it take to get BJJ Black Belt

It depends...lol
    Music is my LIFE!!!

Im no bj yet but i am flexible just not as much as him, i would say im pretty strong to at least for my 5'9 frame anyways what im trying to say is i'll be doing it 4-5 days a week for 2 hrs each day which as you know.....1hr teaching+1hr open mat. I believe i pick up things very well, but i do ask the instructor right before i do it just to get it down right.

my goal is to get it in less than 8-9, not by buying it, and not from a MCDojo either.

In BJJ it really just depends on the person.
    How fast you gather, learn and use what you learn effectivly and well will be what it depends on

That's a good question. I read a bunch of places that said it was 10 years. I want to get into BJJ, and want to move up the ranks, but don't want to wait 10 years to earn my blackbelt. Especailly since I love to train every day, work hard and put in the time.

It's good to know I can do it in less time if I apply myself. Thanks.

Dan
    www.dansmuaythaimma.com - My blog geared towards Muay Thai and MMA, and tons of hot pics of MMA girls!

Quote Originally Posted by blackfox View Post
    Great grapplers by who's measure? have they won any comps? placed top 5? beat anyone who is belted?

Not trying to be a dick, but your post has nothing to do with the topic. I've personally seen lost of guys who are not belted and watch youtube videos and rastle' with their buddies, but when they come into the gym against guys who are properly trained they get destroyed %100 of the time.
    kind of like how evan tanner became middleweight champion from watching instructional tapes?

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    However, there is an alternative.

MartialArtsMart.com - Belt - Black

I earned mine in a total 5 minutes…………….. The time it took me to order it. LOL! J/K but could not resist.

Quote Originally Posted by thefirm0 View Post
    kind of like how evan tanner became middleweight champion from watching instructional tapes?
    Yeah and some people are naturally talented, plus it's mma plus it's evan tanner, one of the greatest middle weights to ever live, i never said it was impossiable, theres always exceptions to the rule.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information