Page 2 of 138 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: What no hockey playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by CEVANS View Post
    you know why everyone in boston drinks out of mugs?

because all the cups are detroit LOL

we will see my friend no one the bruins will play to make it to the cup has as much fire power as the wings.better hope timmy t can keep up with what he did all year long,because he's going to play a wings team that is 3/4lines deep.
    not bad..not bad.

We'll see. The Bruins are going all the way this year!
    <a href=http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m127/jadel92/BruinsBear-HatersGonnaHate.gif target=_blank>http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m...sGonnaHate.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by tallica View Post
    The Sharks are a good example of that. Man I'm glad I'm not a San Jose fan right now.
    It's like they're cursed. I watched a couple of games they had against the Ducks and they just didn't look like a team. No chemistry.

Quote Originally Posted by pantomime horse View Post
    It's like they're cursed. I watched a couple of games they had against the Ducks and they just didn't look like a team. No chemistry.
    Yeah and it's too bad because they had a really strong team in the regular season. I'd say maybe next year but........
    <a href=http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m127/jadel92/BruinsBear-HatersGonnaHate.gif target=_blank>http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m...sGonnaHate.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by pantomime horse View Post
    i think it's a combo of running into a hot goaltender (hiller)played awsome for the ducks,i think he had a 44 save shutout and a couple 35 plus game saves.so he was hard to beat and nabokov kinds shit the bed for them too.
    not to mention the offence did next to nothing.
    Any HW that signs with the ufc is ducking the best in the world,he goes by the name
    FEDOR

Quote Originally Posted by CEVANS View Post
    i think it's a combo of running into a hot goaltender (hiller)played awsome for the ducks,i think he had a 44 save shutout and a couple 35 plus game saves.so he was hard to beat and nabokov kinds shit the bed for them too.
    not to mention the offence did next to nothing.
    We'll see about the goalie. Detroit will test him.

Detroit plays as a team. The Sharks, at least in the playoffs, do not. It looked like individuals trying to get to Hiller. I didn't see any cooperation on the offense.

The Ducks played to win. They had more confidence and believed in themselves. If the Sharks ever want to go anywhere they need to concentrate on a game plan that involves teamwork and dedication. It's sad that they build such good teams and cannot contend in the playoffs. Different coaches, same results.

One thing that I found interesting is how much Babcock let his players 'rest' during the last part of the season. He really wanted them to avoid injuries and get ready to play their asses off come playoff time. No guarantee they'll win it all, but I think he understands how to prepare a team for a run, especially the year following one where they won the Stanley Cup.

So, of all the teams I watched in the playoffs in round 1, the Sharks were definitely the biggest disappointment. Not that I wanted them to win, necessarily. I just love hockey.

Nice to see this thread!
    I used to start a topic on hockey at the begining of the regular season, trade deadline and the playoffs, but like someone else said, they usually got ignored except for 3-4 people.

My Devils imploded the last 90 seconds and are now golfing!!!!
    My fav to win the cup this year, San Jose pulled another disapearing act....they are quickly becoming the "Ottawa Senators of the West"

Honestly, in the East, Pitt and Boston have been the most impressive, and the West, obviously Detroit, and Vancouver will go as far as Luongo will allow. I think Chicago has a taste, and next year they will become VERY dangerous.
    Detroit vs. Vancouver
    Boston vs. Pittsburgh

Gotta go with a rematch of last years' finals......Detroit vs. Pittsburgh....same result.
    " I don't want to die for you, but if dying is asked of me, I'll bear that cross with honour, 'cause freedom don't come free."
    "All men wanna be rich, rich men wanna be kings, a king ain't satisfied til he rules everything"

i guess there is no need to start a new thread for every round since maybe 5 or 6 of us are posting here LOL

the red wing vs ducks series is awsome already,3 over times yesterday.the longer this goes the more that rest for the wings is going to pay off imho.
    hiller looked real tired at the end of game one and now a triple overtime can he keep the pace with the high powerd offence of the wings?

bruins vs caralina

i had the bruins sweeping this one (lost a case of beer already lol)
    but caralina comes back and puts a beating on them should be a good one.

blackhawks vs nucks

what can you say about the young talent the blackhawk they just keep fighting.the nucks will go as far as roberto will take them and he looked weak in the last game.

caps vs pens

the battle of ovie and crosby is a going to be awsome for fans and the hockey biz all around.if you never watched hockey check this one out. two of the best up and coming teams in the nhl.going to be a "barn burner"if you will.

this is how i see it goiing down
    east final
    caps vs boston i got boston (for now lol)caps young goaile is really impressing me

west final
    wings vs blackhawks wings take it too much depth for the young blackhawks.

cup final
    wings vs boston like both teams but been a wings fan all my life and i'll take the wings in 6
    happy playoffs boys
    Any HW that signs with the ufc is ducking the best in the world,he goes by the name
    FEDOR

My boys lost in triple OT yesterday...........that one hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by dan the man 67 View Post
    Yeah, it did. The Ducks have good numbers against the Wings in the playoffs.

It's a good thing Detroit is so good on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by dan the man 67 View Post
    My boys got shut out. That one really friggin hurt.

Thread Information