Page 12 of 138 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: What no hockey playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by dan the man 67 View Post
    I think Zetterberg signed for 12 years for $72 million.
    Bettman dislikes the long term contracts but they allow Detroit to pay top guys less per year especially for the last couple years of their contracts thereby opening up cap room a bit.

Go Wings! (2010)

Quote Originally Posted by kickass32 View Post
    I don't think they'll beable to afford to keep him...if I'm not mistaken, Zetterberg's new contract kicks in next year, giving him something like a $5 miilion dollar raise.
    i'm pretty sure they have the room to keep him.but i hope they don't let him go,he was a big let down for me in the playoffs and i think the wings would have made the playoffs with or with out him.let him go and sign a good number 1 goaltender.

hay boys i say we keep posting new hockey news in here not sure if you guys watch all year and keep up to date in the off season but i try to do the best i can.i know there is only like 4 or 5 of us posting but it's nice to have something to look at when the mma part of the fourm is slow.
    Last edited by CEVANS; 06-16-2009 at 06:51 PM.
    Any HW that signs with the ufc is ducking the best in the world,he goes by the name
    FEDOR

There's a lot of talk about how Crosby dissed Lidstrom and some of the other Wings when they went to shake his hand after the Pens won the cup.

I am not a big fan of Crosby. He's posted some good numbers, but he'll never be a Gretzky or Lemieux. Perhaps the media is to blame by hyping him so much. Also, I don't think it's good for the game for such a young kid to have the publicity that he has, and then to also win a Cup to perhaps make people buy into the hype. His classless showing of disrespect towards the Wings after winning just solidifies that in my mind. You don't diss a guy like Lidstrom. I hope they meet again in the finals next year for the rubber match, and I hope the Wings blow them out. I hope this will be the last time Crosby ever hoists the Cup over his head.

Smile

I can't help but feel this is being way overblown. If anything, blame the media, the NHL, for allowing so many media types onto the ice surface as soon as the game is finished.
    Crosby wasn't snubbing anybody intentionaly, he was caught up in the moment, with interviews by virtually every media type in Canada and the Northern States.
    In hind site, I'm sure Crosby wished he could change how things transpired, however I don't feel Crosby is to "blame". He did in fact get to shake some Red Wing players hands. To me, I take the opposite approach, I feel this makes the 'Wings look weak and like sucks. And I have no vested interest in this, I am not a big Crosby fan, nor do I dislike the 'Wings.

The Crosby hype machine may be overblown a little, but the NHL needs that right now...as much as I dispise Ovechkin, I think the hype surrounding him and Crosby is exactly what the NHL needs to inject some new blood into the veins of the collective league.

I too have enjoyed the hockey banter over the past 2 months or so, agreeing and disagreeing, but always civil. And as well I hope we can keep the hockey talk going into this weeks entry draft through to the free agent period begining July 1 right through to training camp.
    " I don't want to die for you, but if dying is asked of me, I'll bear that cross with honour, 'cause freedom don't come free."
    "All men wanna be rich, rich men wanna be kings, a king ain't satisfied til he rules everything"

I don't care why Crosby didn't shake hands. He didn't and it's really no big deal. Way I see it he's an emotional player and was probably stunned that he won the cup. I don't think most Wings complained, either. Just Draper. Let's face it, he is very familiar with protocol while Crosby is about 21 years old and still getting used to things. Another thing, the Detroit Red Wings have likely been the most mature team this year. Listen to their comments during the different playoff series and then the other teams and you'll see just how respectful they were. I heard other team making excuses and talking about how the Wings were getting away with things, but the Wings always maintained a high level of professionalism. Credit Babcock and Lidstrom as they set the tone.

Still, the NHL is the only major sport I watch. I grew up in the Detroit area and was a huge fan of the Wings and still am today. I enjoy watching most teams as there are only a few that I just don't care for.

I'll definitely try to stay involved here as I don't get to talk hockey much. Seems like most people like college sports, football, baseball, basketball, etc. I don't care for them much myself.

i really can't stand crosby.the stick work he did this year really pissed me off.i can think of a couple of times he should have been called on shit and was not the slash on maltby after the game. two times on zettaberg one slash and one crosscheck.they guy is just a big pussy remember last year he jumped a guy in the faceoff before the puck even hit the ice he was punching him.bullshit move if you ask me,the guy needs to learn a lesson

i wish the wing still had daren macarty (sp?)send him out after crosby

hay did you guys hear that chris pronger might go to the kings for jack johnson and this years first round pick (5th)
    Any HW that signs with the ufc is ducking the best in the world,he goes by the name
    FEDOR

Quote Originally Posted by CEVANS View Post

i wish the wing still had daren macarty (sp?)send him out after crosby
    Better yet, let's bring Probert out of retirement!

Quote Originally Posted by dan the man 67 View Post
    Better yet, let's bring Probert out of retirement!
    LOL yeah that would work too

did you see probert drop the puck in the wings hawks series he has on a hawks jersey i was pissed.i understand he played for both teams but he made his name with the wings
    FEDOR

Probert is a Blackhawks guy these days. Doesn't seem to like the Wings much from what I've seen.

Darren McCarty works with the Wings behind the scenes. He skates and helps get the next generation of players get ready for the NHL. I read an article with him in it talking about this. He basically said he's a Red Wing for life and wants to stay involved however possible. The organization values him even though he's not on the roster to play NHL games.

Crosby is a bit of a suck, he dives a lot and whines a lot too. Can't deny the kid has talent though.

Both sides are denying the Pronger for Johnson rumour.....L-A would be Fricken retarded to make that move..IMO

Bobby Probert...man one of my all-time favourite NHL'ers!!
    Hey has anyone heard about a show with him and Tie Dummy, I mean Domi?? During friday nights game 7, the CBC here in Canada showed a brief commercial, something to do with Dummy and Probie...I only caught the very end...it looked as if it were a reality show of some sort.
    " I don't want to die for you, but if dying is asked of me, I'll bear that cross with honour, 'cause freedom don't come free."
    "All men wanna be rich, rich men wanna be kings, a king ain't satisfied til he rules everything"

Thread Information