Page 34 of 138 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast

Thread: What no hockey playoffs

That last weak goal by Howard really deflated the Wings. This series has lots of momentum shifts within the game.

The powerplay time is what really fuels the Wings momentum. Its a break from the physical play and gives them some open ice to work with. They basically went the last 25 minutes without any real pp time. The 6 on 4 and 6 on 3 at the end were nice but the game was already lost.

I think if I were Babcock, I'd be making a switch, and throwing Osgood in, that could help change the momentum, and show the room, changes need to be made by EVERYONE to turn the series around.
    " I don't want to die for you, but if dying is asked of me, I'll bear that cross with honour, 'cause freedom don't come free."
    "All men wanna be rich, rich men wanna be kings, a king ain't satisfied til he rules everything"

Its a bit premature to pull Howard. He isn't the only reason the Wings are down in this series. Lots of defensive mistakes being made by players who shouldn't be making them.

If Doan doesn't come back, coming from behind just got that much easier.

Premature perhaps, but you are at the point now, and you've only got 1 life left. Osgood is prooven, and Howard has looked shaky....I say make the move and shake things up.
    Switching up the goalies sometimes isn't so much about the goalies as it is about the team...it could be the momentum shift they need.
    " I don't want to die for you, but if dying is asked of me, I'll bear that cross with honour, 'cause freedom don't come free."
    "All men wanna be rich, rich men wanna be kings, a king ain't satisfied til he rules everything"

Howard with the shutout!

Luongo you disappoint me so.

Fucking Devils!!!
    My gawd, it's looking like it will be another early exit. We're starting to become the "Sharks" of the East

Quote Originally Posted by Tyreas View Post
    Howard with the shutout!
    Very nice game last night. Brand new series now. My boy Zetterberg is on fire!

It's pretty hilarious watching Ottawa getting owned by Sid & Malkin.

Quote Originally Posted by b1uef1ow View Post
    It's pretty hilarious watching Ottawa getting owned by Sid & Malkin.
    Crosby is certainly on a different level right now!!
    If everything goes the way it's looking right now, Pitt will play Boston in RD. 2. that series should be a little tighter checking and less room for "Sid the Kid"

Thread Information