Page 11 of 138 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: What no hockey playoffs

Close game. Pens earned the win by hanging on with desperate Wings fighting for goals.

Congrats to Pittsburgh.

This fucking blows. I can't believe the Wings lost. At least the refs didn't dictate the game. Oh well, congrats to the Pens.

Quote Originally Posted by dan the man 67 View Post
    This fucking blows. I can't believe the Wings lost. At least the refs didn't dictate the game. Oh well, congrats to the Pens.
    It sucks, but at least this was a game between two teams playing good hockey. The Pens had been a little too dirty throughout the playoffs, but tonight they were composed even though they were outgunned through the third period.

If I had to pick a reason for the Wings not executing as well it might be because they didn't play like the underdogs. Going in they said it was just another game.

It wasn't. It was game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals!

Oh well.

No surprise that the classiest fans giving congrats to the Pens are on this forum...
    "Speed plus mass equals destruction" - Brock Lesnar

Great game played by 2 great teams.....2 guys that really stood out for me last night, other than Talbot of course, was Orpik and Fleury....that save with, what .5 seconds left on Lidstrom...WOW!!! I think Fleurry has now put all the question marks about his mental toughness to rest!!!

On a side note...I was really glad to see Hossa not win the cup, fucking leaves more money and a longer contract offer on the table from Pittsburgh last year to go to Detroit because he felt they had the better shot at the cup....good on ya Hossa!
    " I don't want to die for you, but if dying is asked of me, I'll bear that cross with honour, 'cause freedom don't come free."
    "All men wanna be rich, rich men wanna be kings, a king ain't satisfied til he rules everything"

Quote Originally Posted by kickass32 View Post

On a side note...I was really glad to see Hossa not win the cup, fucking leaves more money and a longer contract offer on the table from Pittsburgh last year to go to Detroit because he felt they had the better shot at the cup....good on ya Hossa!
    And Hossa contributed a giant goose egg in the finals. I don't know what happened to him...........he was such an outstanding producer throughout the season. I wonder if it was only because he was up against his former team?

They were saying in the after game broadcast yesterday that the Wings were playing with a lot more injuries than what we were aware of, like Zetterburg was only playing at 70%. I am curious to hear more about this. Maybe Hossa was not playing at 100%........

Yeah, usually a day or 2 after the final game you start hearing about players playing through some various injuries......I think it was Chris Chelios (could be wrong on the player) who played through a broken ankle in the finals.
    " I don't want to die for you, but if dying is asked of me, I'll bear that cross with honour, 'cause freedom don't come free."
    "All men wanna be rich, rich men wanna be kings, a king ain't satisfied til he rules everything"

Quote Originally Posted by dan the man 67 View Post
    And Hossa contributed a giant goose egg in the finals. I don't know what happened to him...........he was such an outstanding producer throughout the season. I wonder if it was only because he was up against his former team?

They were saying in the after game broadcast yesterday that the Wings were playing with a lot more injuries than what we were aware of, like Zetterburg was only playing at 70%. I am curious to hear more about this. Maybe Hossa was not playing at 100%........
    Babcock alluded to this. He was saying that you could tell guys just were'nt healthy but didn't want to take anything from the Penguins.

Let's face it, the Wings have another shot next season. With the roster they have they'll be back.

As for Hossa, he didn't do much in the Finals, but he sure did help get them to the playoffs. Who knows where he'll be next season, but I give him a slightly better than 50% chance to stay with the Wings. I believe he'll want to stay but the management will have to decide whether they'll opt to keep him or not. Not sure if they will due to the cap.

Quote Originally Posted by pantomime horse View Post
    Babcock alluded to this. He was saying that you could tell guys just were'nt healthy but didn't want to take anything from the Penguins.

Let's face it, the Wings have another shot next season. With the roster they have they'll be back.

As for Hossa, he didn't do much in the Finals, but he sure did help get them to the playoffs. Who knows where he'll be next season, but I give him a slightly better than 50% chance to stay with the Wings. I believe he'll want to stay but the management will have to decide whether they'll opt to keep him or not. Not sure if they will due to the cap.
    I don't think they'll beable to afford to keep him...if I'm not mistaken, Zetterberg's new contract kicks in next year, giving him something like a $5 miilion dollar raise.

Quote Originally Posted by kickass32 View Post
    I don't think they'll beable to afford to keep him...if I'm not mistaken, Zetterberg's new contract kicks in next year, giving him something like a $5 miilion dollar raise.
    I think Zetterberg signed for 12 years for $72 million.

Thread Information