Page 129 of 133 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 1325

Thread: What no hockey playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by YukonJordan View Post
    Still think it's going to be Pittsburgh and Chicago in the final.
    I am not about to write off Pitt because we have all seen teams come back from 2-0 and win the series. They will have their work cut out for them because they will need to win 2 in Boston.

The key for Pitt will be the goaltending and turnovers. Even if the offense was clicking does anyone see them scoring 4 and 7 goals against Rask ever? Probably not. Even if you have the most high power offense in the history of the league you can't give up an average of 4.5 goals a game and expect to win a game. So Vokun or Fluery will need to turn into Tim Thomas tonight and they will get a lot of help if the guys in front of them stop turning the puck over. So far 20 for the series.

And so far if this series has really been a showcase of one thing it is Bergeron > Crosby. Because Bergy has made Crosby his bitch this series.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    You mean a team with the best goalie in the league? The Pens turned the Craig Anderson into a bumbling buffoon. Boston will be little more than a speed bump.
    I know i already did this a few pages back but;

My god. What an intense game.

I was pulling for Pitt because I wanted this to be a 7 game series because it's so great to watch.

Penguins out shot and looked like they out hit after the 2nd period. I was surprised at the latter.

I hope after this series Bergeron get the league wide recognition he deserves. The guy should honestly be up for the Hart this year but because he doesn't score a lot of goals he never gets noticed. But this series he has basically been put one on one with Crosby, the guy most of us recognize as the biggest superstar in the league, and Bergeron has made him his bitch. He has been on the ice with Crosby for about 85% of Crosby's shifts and basically taken him out of the game and made him a non-factor.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

Quote Originally Posted by Masscore View Post
    I hope after this series Bergeron get the league wide recognition he deserves. The guy should honestly be up for the Hart this year but because he doesn't score a lot of goals he never gets noticed. But this series he has basically been put one on one with Crosby, the guy most of us recognize as the biggest superstar in the league, and Bergeron has made him his bitch. He has been on the ice with Crosby for about 85% of Crosby's shifts and basically taken him out of the game and made him a non-factor.
    Selke Trophy - Yes

Hart Trophy - Absolutely not.

Your above comment is basically word for word what the Selke Trophy is for.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    Selke Trophy - Yes

Hart Trophy - Absolutely not.

Your above comment is basically word for word what the Selke Trophy is for.
    Well he will win the Selke. But the Hart is for the MVP, why can't the MVP be a defensive forward when the guy is so god damn good at it. Out of the 109 goals scored the Bruins this year, Bergeron was only on the ice for 13 of them and finished with a +24.

I understand people love offense and it is fun to watch Ovie or Crosby score 50+ goals. But when a guy puts together the all-around dominate season Bergeron has this year, he should be in the consideration.
    Ben Askren

Quote Originally Posted by Masscore View Post
    Well he will win the Selke. But the Hart is for the MVP, why can't the MVP be a defensive forward when the guy is so god damn good at it. Out of the 109 goals scored the Bruins this year, Bergeron was only on the ice for 13 of them and finished with a +24.

I understand people love offense and it is fun to watch Ovie or Crosby score 50+ goals. But when a guy puts together the all-around dominate season Bergeron has this year, he should be in the consideration.
    Agree it should be the MVP - which shouldnt = most points like it has of late.

IMO i would give the MVP to Bobrovsky if they had made the playoffs, but once Ovi started playing like the old Ovi the capitals went from bottom of the division to winning their division. If you dont give it to Ovi, id give it Johnny T in new york. Lets be honest, no johnny T and the islanders are probably picking #1 overall this year. I dont think the same case can be made for Boston if they didnt haver bergeron.

I am however pumped to see Bergeron on Team Canada in 2014. If he doesnt make it i would be very surprised.

I want to see Jagr hoist the cup!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I'm no doctor, and probably not even particularly smart...

And he had one of the greatest mullets in sports history...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I'm no doctor, and probably not even particularly smart...

Thread Information