Page 13 of 138 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: What no hockey playoffs

Did anyone catch the NHL award show the other night?? I missed it..heard it wasn't very good.

Can't argue too much with the winners. Good to see Chara win the Norris, he deserves it.
    A little disappointed Sutter didn't get any recognition for the Jack Adams, seeing as the number 1 goalie of all time was missing from the Devils line up for half the season, and they still managed to win their division.
    " I don't want to die for you, but if dying is asked of me, I'll bear that cross with honour, 'cause freedom don't come free."
    "All men wanna be rich, rich men wanna be kings, a king ain't satisfied til he rules everything"

Quote Originally Posted by kickass32 View Post
    Did anyone catch the NHL award show the other night?? I missed it..heard it wasn't very good.

Can't argue too much with the winners. Good to see Chara win the Norris, he deserves it.
    A little disappointed Sutter didn't get any recognition for the Jack Adams, seeing as the number 1 goalie of all time was missing from the Devils line up for half the season, and they still managed to win their division.
    I missed it. I felt that most of the nominees made sense and the winners were good picks as well. No real complaints here. You do make a good point about the importance of Brodeur, though. That team overcame alot to get as far as they did.

Last year's awards show I did see. I got the feeling that it's a low key affair compared to other sports' award shows.

I think the NHL award show loses something being in Las Vegas....I think it needs to be in Toronto.
    " I don't want to die for you, but if dying is asked of me, I'll bear that cross with honour, 'cause freedom don't come free."
    "All men wanna be rich, rich men wanna be kings, a king ain't satisfied til he rules everything"

I missed the awards shows also. I agree with all the awards except two, only one I had a real complaint with. I personally thought Mike Green deserved the Norris. I really thought Murray deserved the Jacks Adams. He took a team that wasn't supposed to make the playoffs healthy and got them into 6th with lots of key injuries. Going 15th to 6th in half a season is an incredible feat.

Quote Originally Posted by kalebarker View Post
    I missed the awards shows also. I agree with all the awards except two, only one I had a real complaint with. I personally thought Mike Green deserved the Norris. I really thought Murray deserved the Jacks Adams. He took a team that wasn't supposed to make the playoffs healthy and got them into 6th with lots of key injuries. Going 15th to 6th in half a season is an incredible feat.
    i would have to look back but the thing that hurt green was +/- and that big for defencemen.but fuck man 30 pluse goals is a big deal so i can see your point.
    Any HW that signs with the ufc is ducking the best in the world,he goes by the name
    FEDOR

I really thought Murray deserved the Jacks Adams. He took a team that wasn't supposed to make the playoffs healthy and got them into 6th with lots of key injuries. Going 15th to 6th in half a season is an incredible feat.
    He did do an incredible job this season but I like Claude Julien winning. He took a team that was basically the same team as the year before and turned them into the top team in the league, the players had a role in it too but he is an incredible coach.
    <a href=http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m127/jadel92/BruinsBear-HatersGonnaHate.gif target=_blank>http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m...sGonnaHate.gif</a>

Green has some great offensive numbers, but man the guy was a huge liabiality defencivley at times.

anyone watch the draft?

reaally liked what garth snow did with the islanders moving up some spots to get a higher fisrt round pick good way to re-build a team
    any thoughts?
    Last edited by CEVANS; 06-29-2009 at 05:38 PM.
    Any HW that signs with the ufc is ducking the best in the world,he goes by the name
    FEDOR

I didn't watch it....but I think the Flyers over payed for Pronger. He is an UFA after next season. Unless Philly can resign him, they'll come out as the BIG loser in this deal.
    It seems no matter who is in control of the Flyers, they don't want to, or can't get themselves a true #1 goalie....that has been their downfall for years now.

Quote Originally Posted by CEVANS View Post
    anyone watch the draft?

reaally liked what garth snow did with the islanders moving up some spots to get a higher fisrt round pick good way to re-build a team
    any thoughts?
    I didn't watch any of the draft. Moving up may help the Islanders. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by kickass32 View Post
    I didn't watch it....but I think the Flyers over payed for Pronger. He is an UFA after next season. Unless Philly can resign him, they'll come out as the BIG loser in this deal.
    It seems no matter who is in control of the Flyers, they don't want to, or can't get themselves a true #1 goalie....that has been their downfall for years now.
    The Flyers will probably come out on the losing end paying so much for Pronger. I really don't know what to say other than I would think bringing in some youth would probably have been a better move.

Thread Information