Page 14 of 138 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: What no hockey playoffs

Honestly, I think I would've saved the money they are spending on Pronger, and threw it all at Boumeester.
    " I don't want to die for you, but if dying is asked of me, I'll bear that cross with honour, 'cause freedom don't come free."
    "All men wanna be rich, rich men wanna be kings, a king ain't satisfied til he rules everything"

Quote Originally Posted by kickass32 View Post
    Honestly, I think I would've saved the money they are spending on Pronger, and threw it all at Boumeester.
    the bad thing about the pronger deal is how much it's going to put them over the cap.i heard that they were over even before the pronger deal so they have to let somone go.hatcher is retireing so thats 3.5 mill off i really think they are going to drop danny birer (sp?)so that's another 8 mill off even after that they have very little room to pick up a good goalie and they really need that.

i went back and took a look at the wings picks this year and i have to say i think they stole another sleeper pick at 60th over all in tomas tatar.he was tied for 4th in points at the worlds last year. i have not a clue how this kid droped to 60th i think at one point he was ranked 23rd overall so another good late pick for the winges.
    Any HW that signs with the ufc is ducking the best in the world,he goes by the name
    FEDOR

Yeah Briere is 8 mill..they signed Emery for what, 1 or 1.5 They can drop Biron and clear out 3.5 there. So that would be a 11.5 mill drop, and they get back 7.25 or 7.75 mill.
    I'm just not too sure there would be much of a market for Biron and his salary. I know I wouldn't pay that for a back up goalie.
    " I don't want to die for you, but if dying is asked of me, I'll bear that cross with honour, 'cause freedom don't come free."
    "All men wanna be rich, rich men wanna be kings, a king ain't satisfied til he rules everything"

The Wings offered Hossa a long term deal at $4 million per year. He can probably get a lot more than that from another team, but probably not long term. It was reported in the paper that Hossa's agent has not returned the Wing's GM's call. I guess we'll find out soon enough if Hossa will be a Wing next year.

He performed well during the season, but was a complete no-show in the finals, where it truly counts. He is very capable, however he is no Datsyuk or Zetterburg - at least he wasn't this year. Heck, Datsyuk contributed more in the finals, and he was out for a few games.

Yeah, Hossa is either serious about being on a proven team or is just wanting as much money as he can get. Samuelsson will either be lost or get signed depending on Hossa from what I read.

Hossa's best bet is to stay with the Wings, imo. They will get another cup. It's a matter of time.

Still, I wouldn't doubt if Hossa opts for another short-term contract if he heads elsewhere. I get the feeling he wants both another shot at the Cup as well as a ton of money. He'll get paid, but the Cup will likely elude him again.

Quote Originally Posted by pantomime horse View Post
    Yeah, Hossa is either serious about being on a proven team or is just wanting as much money as he can get. Samuelsson will either be lost or get signed depending on Hossa from what I read.

Hossa's best bet is to stay with the Wings, imo. They will get another cup. It's a matter of time.

Still, I wouldn't doubt if Hossa opts for another short-term contract if he heads elsewhere. I get the feeling he wants both another shot at the Cup as well as a ton of money. He'll get paid, but the Cup will likely elude him again.
    Well, he already had that choice, no? Didn't he get offered more money to stay in Pittsburgh, but elected to go to Detroit for less money in hopes of winning a Cup?

He did and now reports have him going to Chicago. They'll not be able to do a long term deal so I may have been right with my possibility of another short term deal.

edit: Hossa to Chicago for 5+ million a year for possibly 12 years. Now that surprises me. Not the team, but the term length.
    Last edited by pantomime horse; 07-01-2009 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pantomime horse View Post
    He did and now reports have him going to Chicago. They'll not be able to do a long term deal so I may have been right with my possibility of another short term deal.

edit: Hossa to Chicago for 5+ million a year for possibly 12 years. Now that surprises me. Not the team, but the term length.
    Wow. Good for him, I guess. He was a nice addition to the Wings. We'll see how close he gets to winning a Cup with Chicago.

Holy fuck...Hossa for 12 years?????? at an average of almost 5.25/years??
    Brutal...Chicago just fucked themselves, maybe not next year, or maybe even 2 or 3 but after that thay are screwed.
    That right there is an untradeable contract, ala Rick Depietro.

Roloson just signed with the Island for 2 years at 2.5 per.

Quote Originally Posted by kickass32 View Post
    Holy fuck...Hossa for 12 years?????? at an average of almost 5.25/years??
    Brutal...Chicago just fucked themselves, maybe not next year, or maybe even 2 or 3 but after that thay are screwed.
    That right there is an untradeable contract, ala Rick Depietro.

Roloson just signed with the Island for 2 years at 2.5 per.
    That's what I'm thinking. Chicago had too many to sign and this will cost them dearly. They want a Cup and are hoping to win one in the next 2 I'm betting. After that I think it's a slide of sorts...

Thread Information