Page 23 of 138 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast

Thread: What no hockey playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by pantomime horse View Post
    Anyone have any thoughts on the new Toronto goalie? I'm obviously a die-hard Wings fan, but Giguere is one of my favorite goaltenders of all time. He's just what Toronto needed, imo.
    Giguere is one of the best in the league, perhaps next best after Brodeur. Any team would be better with him as their goalie.

Speaking of the Wings.....they better start winning some freaking games. Too many overtime/shootout losses. Granted, only now getting back players from injury....they better get going.

Quote Originally Posted by dan the man 67 View Post
    Giguere is one of the best in the league, perhaps next best after Brodeur. Any team would be better with him as their goalie.

Speaking of the Wings.....they better start winning some freaking games. Too many overtime/shootout losses. Granted, only now getting back players from injury....they better get going.
    No kidding, they are painful to watch as of late. Giving away lots of big leads and it seems like every game goes to OT. I think we will see a different team in the playoffs but right now its not fun to watch.

I expect this roster to be shaken up in the offseason.

Well the Olympic hockey tourney finally starts "for real"
    Canada vs. Russia in the qtrs.
    Canada has all the tools to beat Russia, but Luongo will need to be on top of his game.
    The bright side for Canada now, compared to 2006, is Canada has outplayed every team it's faced, the Americans won the game, but that was Ryan Miller stealing the win! The US definatley got outplayed.
    Any predictions for tonights Qtr finals???
    " I don't want to die for you, but if dying is asked of me, I'll bear that cross with honour, 'cause freedom don't come free."
    "All men wanna be rich, rich men wanna be kings, a king ain't satisfied til he rules everything"

Quote Originally Posted by kickass32 View Post
    Well the Olympic hockey tourney finally starts "for real"
    Canada vs. Russia in the qtrs.
    Canada has all the tools to beat Russia, but Luongo will need to be on top of his game.
    The bright side for Canada now, compared to 2006, is Canada has outplayed every team it's faced, the Americans won the game, but that was Ryan Miller stealing the win! The US definatley got outplayed.
    Any predictions for tonights Qtr finals???
    Also, Canada just got too many penalties. Seemed like the entire second period was played short-handed. Brodeur wasn't much on his game either.

I still believe Canada is the strongest team, and that they are very capable of winning the gold. If they stick with Luongo, and stay out of the box, I think they'll go all the way. They should beat Russia tonight. Certainly won't be a spanking, probably win by only 1 or 2 goals.

I will say, I am loving the Olympics!

The USA team has more than Miller. Rafalski was just one more element that helped them get the win.

I'd agree on Canada being the strongest team. The Olympic hockey games have been pretty good so far. I'm hoping to see a Canada vs USA rematch.

The Sensational One Guest

Canada i think wins gold, USA silver, Finland bronze. I was not surprised at all that Canada dominated Russia, Russia quite frankly didn't show me anything threw out the tournament, i knew from game 1 if they played that way against a good team like Canada and even Sweden they would lose. They had alot of hype and not to much showing, Nabby showed again that he can't win huge games and Canada owned them offensively just because they had too many weapons are were totally more intense and agressive. Canada vs USA rematch for gold it is going to be epic.

Quote Originally Posted by dan the man 67 View Post
    Also, Canada just got too many penalties. Seemed like the entire second period was played short-handed. Brodeur wasn't much on his game either.

I still believe Canada is the strongest team, and that they are very capable of winning the gold. If they stick with Luongo, and stay out of the box, I think they'll go all the way. They should beat Russia tonight. Certainly won't be a spanking, probably win by only 1 or 2 goals.

I will say, I am loving the Olympics!
    Well, I thought Canada had the team to beat Russia, but I, like everyone else thought this was going to be a nail bitter! No one could have predicted a blowout!!! Although Nabakov had a HORRIBLE game, team Canada were on fire, played well defencively, and Luongo was sharp when needed!
    With the Slovaks upsetting sweden, on paper, Canada has an "easier road to the gold medal game than the US does against Finland.
    (touching wood) Looks like it could be a rematch of Salt lake City!

The USA team has more than Miller. Rafalski was just one more element that helped them get the win.

Don't get me wrong, the US has a ton of talent, Kane, Ryan, Kessler, Rafalski, Johnson, on and on, but Miller stole that game. I think it's safe to say that if Miller had an "ok" game or even decent game, Canada wins that one.....even if Brodeur had of played to his abilities, Canada wins that game.
    Last edited by kickass32; 02-25-2010 at 01:48 PM.
    " I don't want to die for you, but if dying is asked of me, I'll bear that cross with honour, 'cause freedom don't come free."
    "All men wanna be rich, rich men wanna be kings, a king ain't satisfied til he rules everything"

Canada's loss to the USA was a wake-up call. They played well as a team last night, and Luongo has shown that he's the goalie to stick with.

Canada - Gold
    USA - Silver
    Bronze - I don't care

WOW!!! Holy shit, we barely hung on last night to beat the Slovaks. 3-2. The Canadians played pretty decent I thought, up until the 3rd period, then they stopped skating, went into a shell defencivly ( or at least tried) and Luongo gave up the soft goal that opened the door.
    If Canada is to beat the US on Sunday a few things will need to change from the game against the Slovaks:
    A/Luongo will need to play better
    B/Team Canada will need to refind the intensity they brought onto the ice against the Russians.
    C/They will need to return to geting pucks on net instead of trying to be too pretty. I thought they got away from that in the 2nd and 3rd periods in the Slovak game.

Here's hoping we see the Same result in the game as we did in 2002!!!!

Thank G*d the Wings have woken up! They better keep this pace going if they are going to make the playoffs. Zetterberg's on fire!

Thread Information