Page 30 of 138 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130 ... LastLast

Thread: What no hockey playoffs

Detroit won a very close game with Chicago and gets Phoenix in the 1st round of the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by pantomime horse View Post
    Detroit won a very close game with Chicago and gets Phoenix in the 1st round of the playoffs.
    I would say that is a good matchup for the 'Wings!
    " I don't want to die for you, but if dying is asked of me, I'll bear that cross with honour, 'cause freedom don't come free."
    "All men wanna be rich, rich men wanna be kings, a king ain't satisfied til he rules everything"

Quote Originally Posted by kickass32 View Post
    I would say that is a good matchup for the 'Wings!
    Ugh but 10pm game times stink!

Hey do you guys remember if in anyother season there was 11 or more teams with 100 or 100+ point seasons?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyreas View Post
    Ugh but 10pm game times stink!
    I couldn't agree more!

Quote Originally Posted by The Sensational One View Post
    Hey do you guys remember if in anyother season there was 11 or more teams with 100 or 100+ point seasons?
    I can't say for sure, but I would think not.
    This stupid system for rewarding losing teams a single point has unfortunatly artificially inflated teams point totals!
    " I don't want to die for you, but if dying is asked of me, I'll bear that cross with honour, 'cause freedom don't come free."
    "All men wanna be rich, rich men wanna be kings, a king ain't satisfied til he rules everything"

Quote Originally Posted by kickass32 View Post
    This stupid system for rewarding losing teams a single point has unfortunatly artificially inflated teams point totals!
    Yeah its really going to hurt some of the great seasons of the past.

131 point Red Wing season in 95-96!....and they didn't win the cup DOH! and Montreal with 132 in the 70's.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyreas View Post
    Yeah its really going to hurt some of the great seasons of the past.

131 point Red Wing season in 95-96!....and they didn't win the cup DOH! and Montreal with 132 in the 70's.
    I don't think it hurts seasons past. Speaking of leading point teams, I get real nervous when Detroit is #1. I feel much better when they enter the post-season with something to prove. Washington is the leader this year and I say they don't get the Cup, either. I will be a 3rd, 4th, or 5th seed. Just my prediction.

Quote Originally Posted by pantomime horse View Post
    I don't think it hurts seasons past. Speaking of leading point teams, I get real nervous when Detroit is #1. I feel much better when they enter the post-season with something to prove. Washington is the leader this year and I say they don't get the Cup, either. I will be a 3rd, 4th, or 5th seed. Just my prediction.
    It may not for current generations because the great seasons were not so long ago. People will forget about how hockey was its just the way things work.

The thing that annoys me about the current point system is teams will play for overtime because of that 1 point guarantee. I'm not saying they aren't trying to score but it just makes the game more passive in the third period when the scores are even.

And yes, I'm glad the Wings are a low seed this year.

Before the new stupid system of rewarding a losing team with a point, you used to get into the playoffs being a .500 team, sometimes even sub .500 teams got in. Now with the inflated points, 2 games over .500 gets you 13th in the West and 5 games over .500 gets you 9th in the East.

1st round predictions?

Washington vs. Montreal...............Washington in 4
    New Jersey vs. Philladelphia...........New Jersey in 6
    Buffalo vs. Boston........................Buffalo in 5
    Pittsburgh vs. Ottawa...................Pittsburgh in 6

SanJose vs. Colorado....................San Jose in 6
    Chicago vs. Nashville.....................Chicago in 5
    Vancouver vs. L-A........................Vancouver in 6
    Detroit vs. Phoenix........................Detroit in 7

I know.....how to go out on a limb here, but I do think the top teams will survive this year.....biggest chance for an upset though, I would say Ottawa or Philly.

Thread Information