Page 43 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast

Thread: What no hockey playoffs

Taking nothing away from the Habs, but Montreal has got to have the most fucking idiotic fans (not you guys....the people living there) Fucking rioting again????? What's with that?
    " I don't want to die for you, but if dying is asked of me, I'll bear that cross with honour, 'cause freedom don't come free."
    "All men wanna be rich, rich men wanna be kings, a king ain't satisfied til he rules everything"

Quote Originally Posted by kickass32 View Post
    Taking nothing away from the Habs, but Montreal has got to have the most fucking idiotic fans (not you guys....the people living there) Fucking rioting again????? What's with that?
    Haha. That's the first thing I said to my wife after they won. "Watch this there is going to be a riot now."

Par for the course when you live in Montreal.

Quote Originally Posted by kickass32 View Post
    Well, having been born and raised in Montreal, I can tell you that hockey is a religion there. It's the only major sports team that they have, and they happen to have the most successful franchise in the history of sports, only behind the Yankees. I've been lucky enough to have seen many games in the old Forum, and when you walk in there and look up at all of the Stanley Cup banners they have hanging from the rafters, you can't help but get a very unique feeling and sensation inside of you, that is if you are a true hockey fan. They celebrate in masses after big wins like last night, and unfortunately there are always a few idiots in any crowd that turn it into a damage-quest. Once one idiot starts, it gives the other idiots permission to follow suit. It is embarrassing. It's a very small minority that engages in the BS.

I was there when they won their last Cup back in '93, downtown Montreal right after they won it. I celebrated, like everyone else. I personally didn't see any signs of vandalism and rioting, but of course the little that does happen, gets reported by the media. It was an incredible night........everybody at their happiest, and joined together - I'll never forget it.

Man, if Philly beats Boston tonight, that will cap off one heck of a comeback. Very impressive so far.

Quote Originally Posted by dan the man 67 View Post
    Man, if Philly beats Boston tonight, that will cap off one heck of a comeback. Very impressive so far.
    Going to the game tonight. If the Bruins blow this I think I am gonna need to be on suicide watch for at least 72 hours.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

Quote Originally Posted by Masscore View Post
    Going to the game tonight. If the Bruins blow this I think I am gonna need to be on suicide watch for at least 72 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by dan the man 67 View Post
    Well, having been born and raised in Montreal, I can tell you that hockey is a religion there. It's the only major sports team that they have, and they happen to have the most successful franchise in the history of sports, only behind the Yankees. I've been lucky enough to have seen many games in the old Forum, and when you walk in there and look up at all of the Stanley Cup banners they have hanging from the rafters, you can't help but get a very unique feeling and sensation inside of you, that is if you are a true hockey fan. They celebrate in masses after big wins like last night, and unfortunately there are always a few idiots in any crowd that turn it into a damage-quest. Once one idiot starts, it gives the other idiots permission to follow suit. It is embarrassing. It's a very small minority that engages in the BS.

I was there when they won their last Cup back in '93, downtown Montreal right after they won it. I celebrated, like everyone else. I personally didn't see any signs of vandalism and rioting, but of course the little that does happen, gets reported by the media. It was an incredible night........everybody at their happiest, and joined together - I'll never forget it.
    I think another thing is that the cops in Montreal let it go. The cops go through it all the time, and in the dozen riots Montreal has had over the past around 6 or 7 years, for the most part, if you are just damaging 1 or 2 stores, they let it go. Then try and patch together all the videos and then arrest some people.

But it totally is a very small group of people...usually people that aren't even Habs fans or weren't even at the game.

I wish all stadiums were downtown in the core of the city. In Ottawa our Stadium is a good 20 minute drive from downtown....no good rioting spots like in Montreal. I have also been to the old Forum and Bell Center....and I was really impressed by the Bell Center when I went last year in a game they had against Ottawa.

PS....Should be a wicked game tonight. Then 2 games on Sunday.
    Last edited by beau420; 05-14-2010 at 09:59 PM.

Just take a deep breath or two. They put up a good effort. The Flyers just seemed to find momentum a few games back and kept believing in themselves.

So, the Conference Finals are set:

Chicago vs San Jose

Montreal vs Philadelphia

I'll be rooting for San Jose and Montreal.

Too many men on the ice... really. Out of all the ways to lose, all the ways to blow this series it HAD to be too many men on the ice. The only way this could have been anymore (im)perfect is if it was against the friggin Habs. We had to go up 3-0 and then lose 4-3, I mean this was like set in stone by the hockey gods.

So now I am cheering for the Blackhawks, pretty much the Bruins of the Western Conference. Both original six, both have horrible ownership, both haven't won a cup in decades and both have recently become contenders again.

I guess the one thing I can look forward to in the offseason is the drafting of Taylor Hall.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

Too many men on the ice... really. Out of all the ways to lose, all the ways to blow this series it HAD to be too many men on the ice. The only way this could have been anymore (im)perfect is if it was against the friggin Habs. We had to go up 3-0 and then lose 4-3, I mean this was like set in stone by the hockey gods.

So now I am cheering for the Blackhawks, pretty much the Bruins of the Western Conference. Both original six, both have horrible ownership, both haven't won a cup in decades and both have recently become contenders again.

I guess the one thing I can look forward to in the offseason is the drafting of Taylor Hall.
    Boy, you'll be really pissed when the Habs win the Cup!

Thread Information