Page 44 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast

Thread: What no hockey playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by dan the man 67 View Post
    Boy, you'll be really pissed when the Habs win the Cup!
    The Habs have a chance because of Halak and he has been amazing. But come on, we all know that who ever wins the West is most likely going to sweep the finals. There is no comparison between the talent the Blackhawks and Sharks have to the Habs and Flyers.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

Quote Originally Posted by Masscore View Post
    The Habs have a chance because of Halak and he has been amazing. But come on, we all know that who ever wins the West is most likely going to sweep the finals. There is no comparison between the talent the Blackhawks and Sharks have to the Habs and Flyers.
    Yeah, and no one gave the Habs any chance whatsoever of beating the #1 Caps, and then taking out the defending Champs. After witnessing that, anything is possible for the Habs. Halak is playing exceptionally well, and this kid PK Subban is fantastic.

I won't say that the Western Conference team will sweep any Eastern Conference team in the finals. I do believe that the Western teams have more depth, but it all comes down to goals scored. If the Habs make it and Halak shuts those goals down then Montreal has a great shot at winning it all.

So, Western teams are favored I would say, but by no means are they a lock.

Well the Habs are going to have to "bounce back" yet again after a brutal 6-0 loss last night. I am not counting them out. I still think they'll beat Philly, but either SanJose or Chicago should handle them....mind you the same was said of Washington and Pittsburgh too.
    Oh well, really don't care who wins the cup at this point, maybe Chicago, so that the Maple Leafs become the team with the longest Stanley cup drought.....as long as it's not the Habs I'm alright.
    " I don't want to die for you, but if dying is asked of me, I'll bear that cross with honour, 'cause freedom don't come free."
    "All men wanna be rich, rich men wanna be kings, a king ain't satisfied til he rules everything"

Brutal loss by the Habs......they did not look anything like the team that took out the Caps and the Pens.......they better get their act together.

They seemed a bit discombobulated and problems dealing with the fore check. They'll adjust.

Don't worry about Montreal just yet. They dropped games against their last two opponents and still won out in the end.

I don't know if I've ever been more suprised by a playoff before.
    Montreal down 2-0 without scoring a goal, a Chicago dominating the Sharks..
    The Habs have bounced back before, and I am not ready to count them out just yet, but are the "REAL" San Jose Sharks finally showing up? ( the ones who can never quite manage to get over the hump)
    " I don't want to die for you, but if dying is asked of me, I'll bear that cross with honour, 'cause freedom don't come free."
    "All men wanna be rich, rich men wanna be kings, a king ain't satisfied til he rules everything"

Quote Originally Posted by kickass32 View Post
    I don't know if I've ever been more suprised by a playoff before.
    Montreal down 2-0 without scoring a goal, a Chicago dominating the Sharks..
    The Habs have bounced back before, and I am not ready to count them out just yet, but are the "REAL" San Jose Sharks finally showing up? ( the ones who can never quite manage to get over the hump)
    Yeah, it's a little difficult to win a series when you can't score a goal!

Quote Originally Posted by dan the man 67 View Post
    Yeah, it's a little difficult to win a series when you can't score a goal!
    Perhaps, but their goals may be coming. Sometimes teams hit droughts. Look at Pittsburgh and Detroit. They can score more than they did. Same with Washington. Montreal ended up scoring goals when they really mattered.

As for the Sharks, they haven't really been dominated, per se. I guess you could say that seeing how they dropped both home games. I read that Chicago has won 7 straight playoff road games twice now. No other team has done this since they did it many years ago until they accomplished this in game 2. Last time they managed such a feat they won the Cup.

I really hope these teams bounce back because right now it looks like Philly and Chicago are rolling forward without any hiccups.

Thread Information