Page 51 of 138 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Thread: What no hockey playoffs

WOW.....what a shock!!!
    Probie was THE best enforcer of all-time, his combination of toughness ( he was the undisputed NHL heavyweight Champ) and his good hands with the puck will forever be un-matched!!!

Even though the man had some off ice issues, whenever I met him, he was the classiest, nicest, and most humble athlete I've ever met.

R.I.P Probie!!!!
    " I don't want to die for you, but if dying is asked of me, I'll bear that cross with honour, 'cause freedom don't come free."
    "All men wanna be rich, rich men wanna be kings, a king ain't satisfied til he rules everything"

Kovalchuck signed...now he's not....wow! I think the Devils played within the rules, and Bettman is just sick and tired of being outsmarted. He payed his lawyers millions upon millions of dollars to hammer out this CBA, and the players finally caved in and signed, the agents found a loop-hole, the players are taking advantage of it, and Bettman looks like the fucking idiot he really is!
    " I don't want to die for you, but if dying is asked of me, I'll bear that cross with honour, 'cause freedom don't come free."
    "All men wanna be rich, rich men wanna be kings, a king ain't satisfied til he rules everything"

Bettman was planning on putting a stop to long term contracts and the Kovalchuck deal must have felt like a big F-U to him. 17 years? Yeah, he's pissed.

If there's a 'loophole' then ships will pass through. Even the 100+ million dollar yachts.

I guess we'll see what happens. Something's got to give.

Quote Originally Posted by pantomime horse View Post
    Bettman was planning on putting a stop to long term contracts and the Kovalchuck deal must have felt like a big F-U to him. 17 years? Yeah, he's pissed.

If there's a 'loophole' then ships will pass through. Even the 100+ million dollar yachts.

I guess we'll see what happens. Something's got to give.
    Aparently, Lou lammorelo says they will not appeal Bettman's decision...the NHLPA probably will though, and then it goes to an arbitrator...should be interesting.

Way to thank the goaltender that helped you win the Cup, Chicago. I must say that this decision didn't surprise me, but I think they've shot themselves in the skates over this.

Quote Originally Posted by pantomime horse View Post
    Way to thank the goaltender that helped you win the Cup, Chicago. I must say that this decision didn't surprise me, but I think they've shot themselves in the skates over this.
    Marty Turco of today isn't going to get it done IMO......5 years ago, hell yeah, but not now....but having said that, he will be playing behind one of the best D cores in the game.......

The arbitrator in the Kovolchuck case totally messed up. I am PISSED with a capital P I S S E D!!!!

Mike Modano signs with the Wings.......I hope he's got a few miles left in him.

Default NHL testing new rules........

Which ones would you like to see become reality?

http://www.freep.com/article/2010082...ted-in-Toronto

Possible NHL rule changes tested in Toronto

Former Red Wing Brendan Shanahan, the NHL's vice president of hockey and business affairs, was the driving force behind the league's first research camp this week.

The NHL Research, Development and Orientation Camp ended Thursday in Toronto, where possible rule changes were played out by 33 top 2011 draft prospects at the Maple Leafs' practice facility.

"We're here to really look at new rules, but the added attraction and added bonus to it is it's an opportunity to identify a bunch of the kids coming up for the draft," Wings assistant general manager Jim Nill told NHL. com.

Here were some of the ideas tested, according to NHL.com:

• Starting regular-season overtime with 3 minutes of four-on-four play, followed by 3 minutes of three-on-three, then 3 minutes of two-on-two.

• Creating a yellow verification line. According to NHL.com's Dan Rosen, it was hard to find anyone who didn't like this. The line, situated in the crease behind the goal line, would be there to giving a clearer indication on video review to determine if a goal was scored. If officials see the puck touch the yellow line, they will know it is a goal. • Stationing one referee off the ice to reduce traffic on the ice and possibly provide a better vantage point to spot infractions. On Thursday, Scott Ferguson stood on an elevated platform looking over the glass by one of the blue lines.

• Implementing a hybrid icing call where the official can blow the puck dead if the defender obviously is going to touch the puck first once players reach the face-off dot.

Read more: Possible NHL rule changes tested in Toronto | freep.com | Detroit Free Press http://www.freep.com/article/2010082...#ixzz0x9NpdDFq
    Last edited by dan the man 67; 08-20-2010 at 04:06 PM.

I hate the shootout...it's a travisty to lose a game that way, so I actually don't mind the 3 on 3 or the 2 on 2....they should just adopt the no touch icing and forget about the stupid hybrid thing. I like the yellow line inside the goal line to help clarify when they go upstairs. I don't like the 3 faceoff circles in the center of the ice...center ice and 1 each in the middle of the defencive zone, and I don't like the painted area by the benches indicating when a player can change.

Quote Originally Posted by kickass32 View Post
    I hate the shootout...it's a travisty to lose a game that way, so I actually don't mind the 3 on 3 or the 2 on 2....they should just adopt the no touch icing and forget about the stupid hybrid thing. I like the yellow line inside the goal line to help clarify when they go upstairs. I don't like the 3 faceoff circles in the center of the ice...center ice and 1 each in the middle of the defencive zone, and I don't like the painted area by the benches indicating when a player can change.
    I was going to disagree with you regarding the 3 on 3 and 2 on 2, but I've never been a fan of the shootout so I can't help but take your side on this. Your other comments I am fully onboard with. I think it is time for a few more changes. Especially when it comes to whether or not a puck has crossed the line.

Thread Information