Page 80 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130 ... LastLast

Thread: What no hockey playoffs

18 years since a Canadian team has won the Cup....do the Canucks break the streak this year?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Damn, damn, damn! It all comes to a screeching halt as of last night. Well, the boys put up a great fight, coming back to tie it from a 3 game deficit. It would have been a fairy tale comback if they would have won it. Congrats to the Sharks.

Vancouver never having won a Cup makes me want to root for them, I am just not a fan of those Sedin brothers.

I like Lecavalier too, since he is a Montreal boy, and of course, Martin St. Louis is an incredible player as well. They are both exciting to watch. I would love to see those two play for the Habs.

At the end of the day, now that both my teams are out, it's always nice to see an original 6 team win it, so Boston it is.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    18 years since a Canadian team has won the Cup....do the Canucks break the streak this year?
    They have a shot, but I think the Sharks are still the team to beat in the West. And if they got by the Sharks they would have to play the Bruins or Lightning. I would give them the edge over the Lightning, but the Bruins are a bad match-up for them. Seeing as they are the only team that claim to have a better goaltender and defense then the Canucks and have just as much firepower when it comes to goal scoring. Acutally even more, when you consider in 13 playoff games the Canucks have scored 30 goals and the Bruins in 11 games have scored 37.

I think it is hilarious how I hear all the time that the cup needs to come back home to Canada and doesn't belong to an american city but, if Vancouver wins, it will be because an American is their best player almost every game.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Quote Originally Posted by kalebarker View Post
    I think it is hilarious how I hear all the time that the cup needs to come back home to Canada and doesn't belong to an american city but, if Vancouver wins, it will be because an American is their best player almost every game.
    It doesn't matter where the players are from, it matters what city they are representing. Besides, the majority of the players on the team are Canadian, far outweighing how many Americans are on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by dan the man 67 View Post
    It doesn't matter where the players are from, it matters what city they are representing. Besides, the majority of the players on the team are Canadian, far outweighing how many Americans are on the team.
    This is one thing that drives me nuts when I am at a Bruins game and they are playing a Canadian team. The crowd starts chanting USA, USA, USA... guys there is only one American on the entire team!

Quote Originally Posted by Masscore View Post
    This is one thing that drives me nuts when I am at a Bruins game and they are playing a Canadian team. The crowd starts chanting USA, USA, USA... guys there is only one American on the entire team!
    I hate it when they do that shit. Only time its appropriate is during a pro wrestling match or soccer game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    I hate it when they do that shit. Only time its appropriate is during a pro wrestling match or soccer game.
    Or, of course, the Olympics. Canadians still make up the majority of the players' nationalities.

Here's a question for you guys;
    Obviously, the NHL started with the original 6 teams. Now, we have 30 teams. How do you think the level of talent of today's average player compares to the level of talent of the average player from the original 6 era?

I have my thoughts on this, but will wait to hear what you guys say........

Quote Originally Posted by dan the man 67 View Post
    Or, of course, the Olympics. Canadians still make up the majority of the players' nationalities.

Here's a question for you guys;
    Obviously, the NHL started with the original 6 teams. Now, we have 30 teams. How do you think the level of talent of today's average player compares to the level of talent of the average player from the original 6 era?

I have my thoughts on this, but will wait to hear what you guys say........
    Quite honestly, I'd say today's talent far outweighs the talent from 50 years ago. Obviously it's tough to compare the 2 era's, but I'd say the top end talent is fairly even with today's guys getting the edge in that there is more top end guys...I think the big edge for todays players fall in the middle ground....pretty much every player not on a 4th line is a legitimate good hockey player.
    Todays coaching, training, nutrition and desire to learn far surpasses that of the olden days.
    Shit there are kids that play hockey with my son who is 12, and even younger, that can do things with the puck, professionals couldn't do 50 years ago.
    " I don't want to die for you, but if dying is asked of me, I'll bear that cross with honour, 'cause freedom don't come free."
    "All men wanna be rich, rich men wanna be kings, a king ain't satisfied til he rules everything"

Quote Originally Posted by kickass32 View Post
    Well the conference finals are set......sorry Dan......

Vancouver/Sanjose.........Canucks in 6

Boston/Tampa...............Boston in 6
    Those are the favorites, but I'm hoping for a Sharks vs Lightning final.

Thread Information