Page 81 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131 ... LastLast

Thread: What no hockey playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by pantomime horse View Post
    Those are the favorites, but I'm hoping for a Sharks vs Lightning final.
    That would certainly be the most entertaining Final for sure!
    " I don't want to die for you, but if dying is asked of me, I'll bear that cross with honour, 'cause freedom don't come free."
    "All men wanna be rich, rich men wanna be kings, a king ain't satisfied til he rules everything"

Quote Originally Posted by dan the man 67 View Post
    Here's a question for you guys;
    Obviously, the NHL started with the original 6 teams. Now, we have 30 teams. How do you think the level of talent of today's average player compares to the level of talent of the average player from the original 6 era?

I have my thoughts on this, but will wait to hear what you guys say........
    I would say yes. I would also say that about every sport.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

The talent level is definitely better now than it was during the original six. The enhanced training and nutrition is a big reason and has been talked about already. The biggest reason the talent level is greater is the amount amount people on this planet that want to grow up to be a pro nhl player is much bigger. You have players making millions instead of an everyday pay scale like it used to be. You have players from all over Europe, which has also seen significant growth in hockey, growing up dreaming of raising the cup.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Tampa Bay's offense was too much for the Bruins. Thomas made a huge error in judgment on the 3rd goal. Just way too casual with the puck so near the net. Hopefully the next game will be more competitive.

Can't wait til the Canucks vs Lightning Stanley Cup finals!

The Canucks vs Sharks series has had some pretty physical and intense moments but the Sharks are clearly getting outplayed. The referees are certainly having their effect on the series far more than any player is. The amount of penalties in this series alone could account for that of 3 other series. Hahaha. It's a matter of which ever team is the least disciplined loses.

Quote Originally Posted by dan the man 67 View Post
    It doesn't matter where the players are from, it matters what city they are representing. Besides, the majority of the players on the team are Canadian, far outweighing how many Americans are on the team.
    It amazes me how people don't comprehend that the NHL isn't the Olympics.

The Canucks look like they could get in to the finals. I really want the Lightning to get there, but the Bruins still have the edge.

Awesome game winning goal... oh my god. Vancouver is going nuts!

The amount of calls/non-calls that have gone Vancouver's way these playoffs is getting sickening. I don't think either Tampa or Boston can beat the Canucks and the zebras on the same night four out of seven times.

Quote Originally Posted by Degenero View Post
    Awesome game winning goal... oh my god. Vancouver is going nuts!
    It was awesome. I think there were only two players that knew where the puck had went and neither were from the San Jose team.

Quote Originally Posted by pantomime horse View Post
    It was awesome. I think there were only two players that knew where the puck had went and neither were from the San Jose team.
    I felt so bad for Niemi, absolutley no chance at all!!!
    " I don't want to die for you, but if dying is asked of me, I'll bear that cross with honour, 'cause freedom don't come free."
    "All men wanna be rich, rich men wanna be kings, a king ain't satisfied til he rules everything"

Thread Information