Page 82 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132 ... LastLast

Thread: What no hockey playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by kickass32 View Post
    I felt so bad for Niemi, absolutley no chance at all!!!
    Yeah, but the Canucks were clearly the better team. Props to San Jose for putting up a fight, but it's just not their year.

I still think this is Vancouver's year. If they can't win this year I don't know when they could. No disrespect to Boston (or Tampa), but that's just how I see it. I do see Boston beating Tampa n Friday. I hope it's a game settled in OT.

As for my Wings, Rafalski retired. He was one of the best. I enjoyed watching him play for the Devils and really excited when he came to Detroit. With 3 Cups in 11 seasons he did well for himself and for his teammates.

Quote Originally Posted by YukonJordan View Post
    The amount of calls/non-calls that have gone Vancouver's way these playoffs is getting sickening. I don't think either Tampa or Boston can beat the Canucks and the zebras on the same night four out of seven times.
    You're a cunt.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Congrats to the Boston Bruins. That was a very entertaining game for having just one goal. I kind of thought it would go like that, but I thought it would happen in OT.

Well, this is it, what we've waited the entire years for.
    Vancouver Vs. Boston for the Stanley Cup Championship.........

Vancouver in 5
    " I don't want to die for you, but if dying is asked of me, I'll bear that cross with honour, 'cause freedom don't come free."
    "All men wanna be rich, rich men wanna be kings, a king ain't satisfied til he rules everything"

I know everyone and their mother are picking the Canucks to win the Cup, but I think the Bruins are a horrible match-up for them. They have the clear-cut better goaltender and a the better defense, plus their offense can keep up with the Canucks.

Bruins in 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Masscore View Post
    I know everyone and their mother are picking the Canucks to win the Cup, but I think the Bruins are a horrible match-up for them. They have the clear-cut better goaltender and a the better defense, plus their offense can keep up with the Canucks.

Bruins in 6.
    Gotta disagree about the goaltending big time.
    Thomas is a great goalie for sure, but so is Luongo. Thomas has a tendency go be hot and cold, and when he's cold, he's COLD! Special teams as usual are going to play a huge factor, and the B's PP is horrible.
    In any other year I'd be cheering for the B's in this matchup, but I drew Vancouver in the team pool, so I stand to win $320.00 if they win!!

Go Vancouver!!
    " I don't want to die for you, but if dying is asked of me, I'll bear that cross with honour, 'cause freedom don't come free."
    "All men wanna be rich, rich men wanna be kings, a king ain't satisfied til he rules everything"

Gotta disagree about the goaltending big time.
    Thomas is a great goalie for sure, but so is Luongo. Thomas has a tendency go be hot and cold, and when he's cold, he's COLD! Special teams as usual are going to play a huge factor, and the B's PP is horrible.
    In any other year I'd be cheering for the B's in this matchup, but I drew Vancouver in the team pool, so I stand to win $320.00 if they win!!

Go Vancouver!!
    Ummm last I checked, Thomas hasn't been chased out of the playoffs by an 8 seed and benched. Oh and he had a shut out in game 7... so yea...

Quote Originally Posted by Masscore View Post
    Ummm last I checked, Thomas hasn't been chased out of the playoffs by an 8 seed and benched. Oh and he had a shut out in game 7... so yea...
    LOL........their stats are remarkably VERY similar........

Thomas............. .929 save %...... 2.29 G.A.A..... 2 S.O...12W-6L

Luongo.............. .922 save %...... 2.29 G.A.A..... 2 S.O...12W-6L

LOL........their stats are remarkably VERY similar........

Thomas............. .929 save %...... 2.29 G.A.A..... 2 S.O...12W-6L

Luongo.............. .922 save %...... 2.29 G.A.A..... 2 S.O...12W-6L
    That is actually kind of scary how similar their stats are. I would still take Thomas with the game on the line because he has proven he doesn't break under pressure where Luongo breaks when things do not go his way.

I think the Bruins offense gets no love as well because the powerplay is so bad (horribly bad) but they have scored 58 goals in 18 games. Where as Vancouver has scored 50 goals in 19 games. So which team really has the high powered offense?

But you know what else is scary, both teams needed OT to get out of the first round. Both had a hard time with a 5 seed and then both dominated the 2 seed of their respective conference.

Quote Originally Posted by YukonJordan View Post
    The amount of calls/non-calls that have gone Vancouver's way these playoffs is getting sickening. I don't think either Tampa or Boston can beat the Canucks and the zebras on the same night four out of seven times.
    Canucks got an insane amount of calls against them when they played Chicago. Yeah the fuck right. The Canucks had to outplay the referees against the Preds as well. Continue hating the Canucks. Please continue.

Thread Information