Page 85 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135 ... LastLast
Results 841 to 850 of 1378

Thread: What no hockey playoffs

  1. #841
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Barrie, Ont. Can
    Posts
    3,499

    Default

    Guys like Burrows, Higgins, Raymond and Hanson are all going to have to step it up big time, especially if the Sedin sisters continue to play hide and go seek.
    Kesler is a douche but he's more than capable of winning a game on his own.
    " I don't want to die for you, but if dying is asked of me, I'll bear that cross with honour, 'cause freedom don't come free."
    "All men wanna be rich, rich men wanna be kings, a king ain't satisfied til he rules everything"

  2. #842
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Joe Louis Arena
    Posts
    2,084

    Default

    I think what people are missing is that each team has won their games on home ice. Until that changes all this talk about momentum & depth are meaningless.

  3. #843
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pantomime horse View Post
    I think what people are missing is that each team has won their games on home ice. Until that changes all this talk about momentum & depth are meaningless.
    Yes to a point. Right now if I were a Canuck I would be thanking a higher power that this series is tied 2-2 when I have only scored 5 goals. Games 1 and 2 with a lucky bounce could have gone to the Bruins, you can not say the same about Games 3 and 4. The Canucks were throughly crushed in Boston, while the Bruins probably should have won at least one if not both games 1 and 2.

    But there is a strong part of me that thinks this series is the Canucks to lose just because of two of the last three games will be at home. If the Bruins win tonight I think it is over in 6 and if the Canucks win I think we see a Game 7.

  4. #844
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Barrie, Ont. Can
    Posts
    3,499

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pantomime horse View Post
    I think what people are missing is that each team has won their games on home ice. Until that changes all this talk about momentum & depth are meaningless.
    I think you might be underestimating the whole momentum thing....it's a tough thing to suddenly put the brakes onto.
    " I don't want to die for you, but if dying is asked of me, I'll bear that cross with honour, 'cause freedom don't come free."
    "All men wanna be rich, rich men wanna be kings, a king ain't satisfied til he rules everything"

  5. #845
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Joe Louis Arena
    Posts
    2,084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Masscore View Post
    Yes to a point. Right now if I were a Canuck I would be thanking a higher power that this series is tied 2-2 when I have only scored 5 goals. Games 1 and 2 with a lucky bounce could have gone to the Bruins, you can not say the same about Games 3 and 4. The Canucks were throughly crushed in Boston, while the Bruins probably should have won at least one if not both games 1 and 2.

    But there is a strong part of me that thinks this series is the Canucks to lose just because of two of the last three games will be at home. If the Bruins win tonight I think it is over in 6 and if the Canucks win I think we see a Game 7.
    I believe that the number of goals scored is also meaningless. For all we know the Bruins will now be unable to score. Or, the Canucks will now start scoring. Just look at what happened with Chicago this post-season...

    I do think that the winner of game 5 will win it all.
    Last edited by pantomime horse; 06-10-2011 at 11:05 PM.

  6. #846
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Barrie, Ont. Can
    Posts
    3,499

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pantomime horse View Post
    I believe that the number of goals scored is also meaningless. For all we know the Bruins will now be unable to score. Or, the Canucks will now start scoring. Just look at what happened with Chicago this post-season...

    I do think that the winner of game 5 will win it all.
    Well it seems you are correct sir.
    A fucking great game, with more questionable referee'ng. But very entertaining.
    Luo bounced back nicely.....Thomas may end winning the Conn Smythe whether Boston wins the Cup or not.
    " I don't want to die for you, but if dying is asked of me, I'll bear that cross with honour, 'cause freedom don't come free."
    "All men wanna be rich, rich men wanna be kings, a king ain't satisfied til he rules everything"

  7. #847
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Joe Louis Arena
    Posts
    2,084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kickass32 View Post
    Well it seems you are correct sir.
    A fucking great game, with more questionable referee'ng. But very entertaining.
    Luo bounced back nicely.....Thomas may end winning the Conn Smythe whether Boston wins the Cup or not.
    I do believe that you cannot judge the goalies simply by the final scores of the games. Tim Thomas has clearly been the better goaltender game for game. I hope that he receives the trophy that he's earned.

  8. #848
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,227

    Default

    Win or lose, Thomas should win the Conn Smythe end of discussion. He has a 1.2 GAA right now which is utterly insane and it will be a real shame if the Bruins lose this series and let his amazing effort go to waste. I am crossing my fingers at the moment and hoping for a Game 7.

  9. #849
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    13,426

    Default

    Is there anything better in sports, then a game 7 in the Stanley Cup Finals? Nope.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?


  10. #850
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Is there anything better in sports, then a game 7 in the Stanley Cup Finals? Nope.
    This is the 3rd game 7 for the Bruins in these playoffs... my heart just can't handle this anymore. If I disappear and stop posting here after Wednesday, just assume I am dead.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •