Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Condition and stamina question.

Blue, I've been in cross country all 4 years of high school, so I can give a training regiment if you want it. PM me

Blue you will increase your stamina by running. You just need to make sure you challenge yourself each time you run. It will help increase your VO2 max which will in turn help you recover faster from bouts of exercise. You could simply add sprints to your run to involve other energy systems or add some type of jumps etc. Hard work is the best way to increase stamina. You need to work all energy systems but you also need to make sure those systems can recover efficinetly. I have tons of workouts for you try if you would like

Here is a great kettlebell workout for conditioning

Funk Roberts KBell Fighter MMA Workout Series
    50-10 Intervals - 5 exercises - 3 rounds total

50 seconds of work followed by 10 seconds of transition to next exercise

Conduct all 5 exercises for 1 round and rest for 2 minutes - repeat for 3 total rounds

5 exercises - 5 minutes total - Don’t forget to set your Gymboss Timer

Workout #1

1.2 Arm Kettlebell Swing
    2.Kettlebell Burpees-Deadlift
    3.Kettlebell Cleans and Squat
    4.4, Kettlebell Renegade Row
    5.Skipping

go to funkmma dot com for full workout series

Quote Originally Posted by funkroberts View Post
    Here is a great kettlebell workout for conditioning

Funk Roberts KBell Fighter MMA Workout Series
    50-10 Intervals - 5 exercises - 3 rounds total

50 seconds of work followed by 10 seconds of transition to next exercise

Conduct all 5 exercises for 1 round and rest for 2 minutes - repeat for 3 total rounds

5 exercises - 5 minutes total - Don’t forget to set your Gymboss Timer

Workout #1

1.2 Arm Kettlebell Swing
    2.Kettlebell Burpees-Deadlift
    3.Kettlebell Cleans and Squat
    4.4, Kettlebell Renegade Row
    5.Skipping

go to funkmma dot com for full workout series
    Sounds like a great regime. I've never exercised with Kettlebells before, I'd love to give them a try.

Circuit training! Check out Randy Coutures basic muscular endurance circuit.
    YouTube - Randy Couture Daily Training

Interval training is also great!
    It would be great if you could join my facebook group MMA SOURCE for MMA round up, training videos and light hearted MMA stories. Thanks guys!

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...8652084?ref=ts

http://twitter.com/mma_source1 Follow me!

Live. Dream. Do. MERIKAN
    Total Human Optimization Onnit
    Tap Them All TPSGC

High intensity interval training is a great way to improve your overall conditioning and stamina.

I usually run 3-4 times a week for about an hour in the morning, not to increase my stamina, just cause I enjoy it. When I wanted a great cardio workout I started doing interval sprints.

In a park near my house I marked out a 100 yard distance. Then I sprint, balls out the whole way, and jog back to the beginning(I walked back at first). I then repeat this a total of 10 times. By the end, my heart and lungs are on fire, and my legs are wiped.

After doing this once a week for a few months along with my usual running, my cardio shot through the roof. My hour runs used to be tough, now they barely put a dent in me.

Regardless of what you are doing, whether it's running, biking, swimming, whatever, make your sessions high intensity, and you will see results fast.

I'm currently recovering from a serious bout of viral bronchitus which has caused damage to my lungs and requires the use of a couple of inhalers to manage, this leads to tightness of the chest when exercising and occasional fits of coughing plus reduced lung capacity.

In light of this I am unable to engage in sustained periods of intense exercise. I will eventually make a full recovery but at the moment I'm looking for advice on exercises that I can use to slowely increase my stamina, increase lung capacity and aid my recovery. Any recommendations? Anyone ever had to rehab from a respiratory disease like this?

Quote Originally Posted by b1uef1ow View Post
    Anyone have tips on quickly building stamina and conditioning?

Any good books?
    Tabata training

Tabata Protocol

Thread Information