Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Randy Couture Picks Matt Serra over Hughes

What is he talking about Newly master boxing skills for Serra or whatever?

First, Serra's arms are so short, Muhamad Ali couldn't beat a knat with them.

Second, I don't remember the boxing skills in his last fight with GSP which was his last fight, so I assume he got them after.

SO my point is that they are "alleged" unproven boxing skills.

I can't see Matt Hughes losing this one. He's got too much power for Serra to be standing up with him. Even on the ground I can't see Serra being able to handle him.

I still haven't lost hope in Hughes considering the TWO guys that beat him in his most recent fights, are freaking awesome!

Serra however has been out the ring for a while now and he wasn't exactly a "great" fighter to begin with. He's really good, don't get me wrong, top 20 WW, but he's no GSP. Even GSP would be a little rusty coming off this much time off.

Anyway, I probably have no idea what I'm talking about right now. lol.
    I think it's gonna be a great fight either way it goes.
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

Quote Originally Posted by Barc View Post
    I think what you aren't saying is that he fought an old man that was way undersized for the fight. Hughes was in his prime. The difference this time around is that Serra is much bigger than Gracie, and he's not signing into the retirement home just yet. Serra's BJJ probably isn't Royce Gracie level; but, He's the first American blackbelt under Rickson, I'm pretty sure. I want Matt Serra to win this fight; but, I think it'll go the other way. My heart says Serra by T/Ko rd. 2; but, my mind says Hughes by Decision.
    First American black belt under Renzo I believe, not Rickson. Big difference, IMO.

Regardless, Hughes by brutal ground n' pound.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Without blinking I bitch slapped him right across the face and grabbed him and yelled, "You go out there and beat his ass!!!" Nate "The Rock" Quarry.

"Shit just got real here in the Max!" Michael "The Voice" Schiavello at K-1 World Max Rd of 16 2010, Zambidis vs. Chahid.

I will bet anything that Matt wins this fight! I would bet my house, kids, and pinto on it!!!
    "You can play 36 holes on this stuff in the afternoon then get stoned to the BeJesus off it" Carl from Caddyshack also says " RTTR"

This is dumb. The fighters aren't picking who they think will win, they are picking who they are better friends with. Guess what? I don't care.
    I don't have favourite fighters, just favourite fights.

<3 Arianny

you know, I was going to reply earlier with the exact same idea, and you're right. there are two voters for Serra that make theirs extremely obvious.

So taking that into consideration it is no surprise serra got a whopping 2 votes more. It seems like the popular thing to do to hate on hughes.

i pick hughes by whatever he wants.

I can see where Randy is coming from, however, I believe Serra is pretty hit and miss in his performances.

We'll have to see if getting in the cage with Hughes has him fired up and ready to fight.

If Serra can control the stand up and hit Hughes with some bombs I could see him getting the KO... otherwise I see Hughes going for a 3 round lay & prey decision.
    Phil Baroni

"I fight because I can't sing, I can't dance, and it beats working all day. Now ask me a question that doesn't sound so fucking stupid."

Forrest Griffin

"He did exactly what I wanted him to do and he knocked me the fuck out"

Good read im going with Serra too after reading hughes book i will never go for him EVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jukon View Post
    This is dumb. The fighters aren't picking who they think will win, they are picking who they are better friends with. Guess what? I don't care.
    Thank you. This is all it is, they asked all the guys who know them and they go "Well Matt (insert last name here) is my friend and I like him. He is going to kick Matt (insert last name here)'s ass!"

A lot of fighters just don't like Matt Hughes, because he is cocky and what not. You know what though, if I was probably the greatest fighter in UFC history, I would be pretty cocky too.
    Dude, I’m a wrestler. I’m the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. That’s all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

Gonna win some ca$h me thinks on Hughes tonight. I still have nightmares of Serra's time as a coach on TUF when I had to put my tv on mute to escape that New Yawka shouting every episode. Jeezus.
    #1 Fan of the Pink Hamster Brigade: Jason MacDonald, Grey Maynard, Mac Danzig, Matt Hughes, Ed Herman

Thread Information