+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kongo named Herring's replacement

I think if Kongo wins this he's got just as much right at a title shot as anyone (behind Randy or Nog). He probably would have had to wait for the winner of those 2 anyway - at least he gets a pay day and a chance to test where he is at against a decent opponent.

i like this fight. it just sux that kongo is taking it on like 3 1/2 week's notice which you have to take into consideration when predicting a winner. with that said, i think cain will come in better shape and remain undefeated...if they both had a full camp, i'm not sure how the outcome would be.

YES im glad that this happened. i think that this will b an amazing fight and if cain wins this, give him carwin. If Kongo wins this give him the shot.
    I predict Kongo will win though because he's a beast and has more technical striking than cain. On the other hand, Cain is super tough and has great wrestling. Tough one to call but i say WAR CHEICK

4. Default

If Kongo gets a title shot, Brock will maul him...counting he's still the champ.
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerskippy View Post
    I think if Kongo wins this he's got just as much right at a title shot as anyone (behind Randy or Nog). He probably would have had to wait for the winner of those 2 anyway - at least he gets a pay day and a chance to test where he is at against a decent opponent.
    Both Nog and Randy both got beat convincingly in titles fights. They both need more than one win to get a shot, especially when they're fighting each other. Nog isn't popular enough in the states to be pushed into a title shot and Randy is too old.

Kongo has impressed me over his last few fights, albeit over less than stellar opponents. Kongo's ground game is improving and if think if he can keep the fight standing during the first round and land some of those big leg kicks he'll get TKO victory. But Cain is a great athlete with amazing wrestling and if Kongo's back touches the mat I think the fight will be over.

I have a tough time going against anyone training with Rampage right now. So if I were a betting man, and I am, I'd go with Kongo.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    If Kongo gets a title shot, Brock will maul him...counting he's still the champ.
    Yes but you forget he has a sac so dont count Kongo out. On a serious note I want to see how Brock responds against a kickboxer and atleast Kongo would get his titleshot.

Awesome fight,i think an upset will be on the cards,im still not convinced Kongo is a true contender yet in the HW division,Velasquez has everything to gain from this fight,cant wait!

Hopefully Cain takes him down fast and pounds him out, Kongo was moving up the ranks before and then lost a lackluster fight to herring so he had his chance...Cain on the other hand has some real potential.

Don't see how Kongo has anything to lose here either? Sure he is coming into contender status, but if he can't beat Cain then he doesn't have a remote chance against Brock/Mir. This will be a good fight for him to develop his skills against a tough grappler. If Cain beats him, which I think he will, then it proves Kongo was not ready for a shot at the top guys yet.
    If Kongo takes it, then kudos and good luck against the guys who CUT to make 265...

CroCop: To be honest, I'm mostly scared of planes. All the rest is zero points all together. I'm always freaked out when it's taking off. And the fighting and brawling and that, forget about it...
    Question: What symptoms do you have?
    CroCop: Well I don't have any symptoms, but I have to have two stewardesses sit in my lap.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information