View Poll Results: Will you be buying the fight this weekend>?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I'm buying it

28 47.46%
  • No I'm not buying it

6 10.17%
  • Watching it live somewhere else (not streamed). Like a bar, friend etc

21 35.59%
  • Undecided

4 6.78%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who's getting the PPV this Saturday? (UFC)

Default Who's getting the PPV this Saturday? (UFC)

Just curious. Unlike past events there isn't much hype about this one

Machida/Rashad really doesn't sound like an exciting fight, but the importance brings a lot of people to watch. If this wasn't a title fight I highly doubt it would be a main event.

The grudge match with Serra/Hughes is the other attraction. Other than that there isn't much important happening on the card. I think it's going to be a low buy event.

I like Sherk so i'm excited for that fight, but there's not much relevancy in it.

So who's paying for it?

i'm not paying for it that for sure.. either stream or hooters for me.
    -SIGNATURE REMOVED FOR EXCEEDING SIZE LIMIT-

Note to Willpunisher: You have lost signature privileges until November 1, 2010. You may remove this message, but may not add anything to your signature until November 1.

Note to Asshole Mods: Stop being assholes and teasing me. If you going to ban me because you guys are fucking dicks than just do it already. Fucking bitches.

I get it free being overseas.

bw's baby

Buying it, a lot of these cards that don't look so great on paper end up being pretty epic.

yeah homegrowncone that's a really good point. The fights are really good lots of times. it's just not as exciting when you really don't feel a vested interest. Like if you don't follow either of the fighters etc. But you're right. sometimes they turn out great.

Quote Originally Posted by thumper View Post
    yeah homegrowncone that's a really good point. The fights are really good lots of times. it's just not as exciting when you really don't feel a vested interest. Like if you don't follow either of the fighters etc. But you're right. sometimes they turn out great.
    Ya I hear that, about the card not being as exciting when you don't have a vested interest, honestly though I can usually find at least one match on a card which I'm really excited about seeing

I'm a terrible barometer on a question like this though, the last PPV I didn't buy was Reality Check, and that was only because I was skydiving up north at sunset and wouldn't have made it home in time so I had to duck into a bar.

BTW anyone in Ontario who wants to jump check out Skydive Toronto , it's just outside of Barrie and the view is just amazing.

Edit: I also get the PPV's at half price, so it's obviously a much easier decision for me than most people. I'm probably the only person in the world who bought YAMMA and felt like they got their money's worth
    Last edited by homegrowncone; 05-21-2009 at 08:17 AM. Reason: details

HammerFist Guest

Ill be purchasing it, iv been long awaiting the Matt vs Matt clash.

I love how there is 0% for Not Buying because it jus shows how many of us really love this great sport. If people aren't buying it their at least tryin to go watch it somewhere else. Anyways yea I'm buying it. Most likely going to spit it between my big bro and other people. I can't not see my boy Rashad knock Machida the fuk out. Machida gets one knockout and all of a sudden he's the shit. The only reason I see Machida having an advantage is if he keeps 'evading' and wins by stupid decision. I guarantee if Machida wins in an unspectacular fashion, I see him losing respect by many IMO. Other than that, I hope every has a good time on saturday.

i get it on sentanta oversees, but still paying for it i suppose because ufc is the main reason i have sentanta
    Fav fighters
    HW fedor, randy, AA, nog, brock, junior dos santos
    LHW chuck, rampage, wandy, babalu, forest, shogun,
    MW silva, bisping, franklin, hendo, maia
    ww GSP, hughes, davis, alves,

Thread Information