+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheick Kongo promised next title shot if he wins at UFC 99

Awesome !!! Upsets are always possible.

I would probably rather see Carwin get a shot at this point, but as mentioned already the HW division just doesn't have the depth required to make a tested & universally accepted #1 contender right now. I wouldn't fault the UFC too much for giving it to Kongo even though I don't see him being ready for it. In any case, yeah...promises promises. We'll see what happens.
    "Waka Waka!"

Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    Source: UFC® : Ultimate Fighting Championship®

Because hes 24-4-1, hes on a good win streak and theres very few others in HW more deserving right now.

Thats why..
    The winner of Randy/Nog is less deserving than Kongo? Come on. Kongo at least needs a solid win over someone even at Herring's level. He has been beating undercard fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by TNC View Post
    I mean, this is a prime example of whats wrong wit the UFC HW division. They only have a small few of viable contenders. You see how Brock got his title shot after only one win in the HW division. Compared to Brock's title path, Kongo looks like he went through hell to get his shot, lol.

Its just that the UFC has only a small few guys that are up in that title contention level and they almost seem like they want to control who rises up to that level.

What I'd be more worried about for Kongo is the UFC actually keeping his word. They said the same thing about Werdum after he beat GG if he could beat Dos Santos but he lost that fight and was promptly cut from the UFC roster. From #1 contender to unemployment, I don't wish that fate on ANY fighter.
    Actually, they told him after Gonzaga, then they told him after Vera lol.

Randy and Nog have had their chances already and lost their opportunities. To give them another shot over someone with a good record and consecutive wins is bullshit. Both of them can step aside from the limelight and share it with other fighters who are also deserving.

Btw was Mirko Crocop an undercarder to you?
    Last edited by roaddawg; 05-21-2009 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    Randy and Nog have had their chances already and lost their opportunities. To give them another shot over someone with a good record and consecutive wins is bullshit. Both of them can step aside from the limelight and share it with other fighters who are also deserving and btw Crocop wasnt an undercard fighter.
    I assumed you were going by after the Herring fight, since you said he was on a win streak. You can't really count a win before a loss in a win streak.

Cain is the perfect test to see if he's ready for Lesnar's takedowns. His tdd seems to have improved dramatically and he's got the size to Lesnar. This fight will show how well he can stuff takedowns from a good wrestler, and if he can he's going to be hell for anyone at HW.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramma View Post
    I assumed you were going by after the Herring fight, since you said he was on a win streak. You can't really count a win before a loss in a win streak.
    Having a loss didnt seem to keep Brock Lesnar from getting a title shot so I dont see how anyone can even try to single out Kongo. Lets just sit back and see what happens.

That's a great incentive for him, should be an interesting fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Tem0n View Post
    If Kongo does manage to win against Cain he better hope Mir wins at UFC 100. Lesnar would be Kongo's worst nightmare... that can't see any way that Kongo could beat him.
    How about knee to the face on a shot? Or a few leg kicks. Or a big right followed by a barrage of punches. I can think of plenty of ways Kongo could beat Lesnar. I mean if Lesnar TKO's Mir after a big right hand, that would be the 3rd opponent he beat with the same punch, and that might give him the confidence he needs to think he can stand with anyone. Just look at Koshcheck.

I think Kongo is just as deserving as anyone else, I just think he's kind of a dirty fighter. But I mean fans scream bloody murder when the rules are actually enforced (Mir/Lesnar 1 for example), so if he gets away with nut strikes every fight, why not do it.

FINALLY,
    Kongo gets some recognition and some incentive. I think he should be able to win, but with a guy like Valasquez you never know. I say Kongo scond round tko.
    I'll start making other predictions if Kongo gets by Cain
    WAR CHEICK

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information