Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fedor Emelianenko and Josh Barnett Verbally Agree to August 1 Affliction Bout

Default Fedor Emelianenko and Josh Barnett Verbally Agree to August 1 Affliction Bout

Fedor Emelianenko and Josh Barnett Verbally Agree to August 1 Affliction*Bout - Bloody Elbow

Mike Chiappetta reports:

Affliction's third event, featuring a main event of Fedor Emelianenko vs. Josh Barnett and taking place at the Honda Center in Anaheim, Calif., on August 1, should be officially announced within days, a source with knowledge of the situation told FanHouse.

Though neither Emelianenko or Barnett has signed official bout agreements, they have both verbally accepted the matchup, according to the source.
    Zach Arnold is quick to piss on the excitement:

See, both fighters have reportedly agreed verbally, but no contracts have been signed. Enough cold water to pour on the fight?

So, if the fight takes place, ponder the following questions:

Does the fight impact the standing of both men in their profession as far as the outcome goes?
    Over/under the amount paid to watch the fight in Anaheim - 7,000.
    Over/under the PPV buys it draws - 60,000.
    Is this going to be the last Affliction MMA event?
    Personally as a fan, if Affliction pulls this off I will consider them a success as a promotion. Booking and mounting three fights in the U.S.A. with the world's #1 heavyweight against three of the top American heavyweights is no small gift to the MMA community.

You can say what you want about them being poor promoters but I'm for one greatful they've done what they've done and I wish them success on their third card.

If this actually happens, I see no reason to think Barnett's going to offer Fedor anything he hasn't already seen. Granted, Fedor's never had someone that big and that skilled on top of him, so if Barnett can get into top position, this may get interesting. Otherwise, Fedor by SMASH, first round.

Oh, and Doggage: Love. Your. Sig.
    3-4 in sig bets. FUCK me.

fedor armbar.. round 1

Quote Originally Posted by SweepTheLeg22 View Post
    fedor armbar.. round 1
    I think the same thing, except maybe round two as Barnett may play it a little safer in the first round with his GnP

Will be exactly like the Coleman armbar... Dude gets too excited thinking they will finish Fedor and BANG You're tapping...

CroCop: To be honest, I'm mostly scared of planes. All the rest is zero points all together. I'm always freaked out when it's taking off. And the fighting and brawling and that, forget about it...
    Question: What symptoms do you have?
    CroCop: Well I don't have any symptoms, but I have to have two stewardesses sit in my lap.

I never like to look past things but whats next for Fedor after this??

Every opponent who we thought should fight him will already have fought him?

whats next? Randy.... Do you really want to still see that????

UFC anyone????

His obligations with affliction will be fulfilled by then so who knows?

wish ful thinking right????

bout time. i really want to see this matchup... barnett is a gamer
    Survival is Triumph Enough
    -Harry Crews

man, affliction is way 2 slow
    2 events a year is not gonna cut it.
    i see them going out of business soon,when fedor beats barnett there will be no 1 eles to fight him.

I think if Fedor beats Barnett, maybe it is time to hang it up, while he's still at the top of the game. Personally, I'd rather see Fedor go on a high note, unlike guys such as Wandy and Chuck who don't appear to be doing any such thing.

The fact is, Fedor had nothing to prove 2 years ago lol. With the mauling of Sylvia, and the devastating KO of Arlovski, it was just the icing on the cake. I'd love to see Fedor retire as the best and spend time creating more stars.

Time will catch up to Fedor Emelianenko. Truth be told, it already has a little bit. Fedor does not move like he did 3 or 4 years ago.

On a side note, IMO, Affliction was a success, even if it ends with three events. Some great fights came out of Affliction.

This is a fight I have been waiting a long time for. I think that Barnett has the best shot to beat Fedor out of anyone. He has the size, striking, and skills to hang with Fedor. In the past most of Fedors fights have been against guys who are either strikers or have good Bj but Josh is very well rounded.

When Fedor wins this fight then maybe he should retire. If he is not going to fight in the UFC then who will he fight? The only other interesting fight would be against Lesnar.

I would like to see him finish up his career in UFC hw.
    I beg to differ when people say he has nothing else more to prove.

Quote Originally Posted by Badluck_33 View Post
    I never like to look past things but whats next for Fedor after this??

Every opponent who we thought should fight him will already have fought him?

whats next? Randy.... Do you really want to still see that????

UFC anyone????

His obligations with affliction will be fulfilled by then so who knows?

wish ful thinking right????

Thread Information