+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fedor Emelianenko and Josh Barnett Verbally Agree to August 1 Affliction Bout

Cool

THERE IS NOT GONNA BE STANDUP FIGHTING IN THIS ONE, Fedor always tries to ground fight with his friends turning to become his opponents. Most likely, it is going to be like Fedor vs Lindland, but with Barnett giving more trouble than lindland to Fedor.

Quote Originally Posted by sher View Post
    THERE IS NOT GONNA BE STANDUP FIGHTING IN THIS ONE, Fedor always tries to ground fight with his friends turning to become his opponents. Most likely, it is going to be like Fedor vs Lindland, but with Barnett giving more trouble than lindland to Fedor.
    such as?

Quote Originally Posted by big_juge View Post
    such as?
    Such as Linland himself, Fedor after the fight said that he did not want to strike with Matt cause fedor considers Matt as a friend. U ask where I got the info? I speak russian, I found out about that in one of his interviews in russian. I am sure he would go to ground with randy too if the fight had happened, cause they ar friends and fedor considers randy as a great exemplery fighter. I am sure he will be easy with Barnett too, but for sure will submit Josh no matter how good Josh is in ground. Barnett is afraid of Fedor, and mentally he allready gave up the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by SMGRIFFIN View Post
    I agree Barnett is the largest skilled BJJ opponent Fedor would have on top of him..
    Josh does not practice BJJ.

if anyone is going to beat fedor barnett is the guy to do it

Quote Originally Posted by sher View Post
    Such as Linland himself, Fedor after the fight said that he did not want to strike with Matt cause fedor considers Matt as a friend. U ask where I got the info? I speak russian, I found out about that in one of his interviews in russian. I am sure he would go to ground with randy too if the fight had happened, cause they ar friends and fedor considers randy as a great exemplery fighter. I am sure he will be easy with Barnett too, but for sure will submit Josh no matter how good Josh is in ground. Barnett is afraid of Fedor, and mentally he allready gave up the fight.
    Fedor is humble with all of his opponents, he doesn't like hurting anyone but if you piss him off then he turns into a killer. All that friend business is out the door once they step into the ring or octagon. Fedor doesn't take anyone lightly, but Barnett will push him which will force Fedor to react and do what he does best.

Barnett doesn't match the mold of any fighter Fedor has fought before. He's got size and technique and he is the guy that most people have always thought had the best chance against Fedor. His strking is alright, but his wrestling and sub game is among the best in the HW division. All of that being said he's probably going to get destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by jlruthven84 View Post
    If this actually happens, I see no reason to think Barnett's going to offer Fedor anything he hasn't already seen. Granted, Fedor's never had someone that big and that skilled on top of him, so if Barnett can get into top position, this may get interesting. Otherwise, Fedor by SMASH, first round.

Oh, and Doggage: Love. Your. Sig.
    I have been a broken record about this match-up for it seems years, I've been saying this for so long Barnett is the man to beat Fedor.
    I got Barnett by sub or tko stoppage 2nd or 3rd round..
    Fedor have never faced a fighter with Barnett's wrestling before, he has also never faced such a skilled around big athlete before.

War Barnett!!

Quote Originally Posted by big_juge View Post
    Fedor is humble with all of his opponents, he doesn't like hurting anyone but if you piss him off then he turns into a killer. All that friend business is out the door once they step into the ring or octagon. Fedor doesn't take anyone lightly, but Barnett will push him which will force Fedor to react and do what he does best.

I did not mean Fedor will take Barnett lightly, I said he will not TKO Barnet but submit him, the reason is they ar friends.

Just watch the A.Emelianenko vs Josh. The best example of what their standup will look like. Alexander is the closest to Fedor in his standup. Only difference is Emelianenko will win this time

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information